Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

It looks like the SAP gets plugged into those tabs on the top of the chest piece, perhaps this is why the did not change after fan feedback that was done by fellow MWers. I kinda like the design, but will have to wait how good the pre order discount will be.

Twich

Looks like they don't have the standard gunpod stored in the arm SAP pack, as per the lineart.

Graham

(pic from Macross Mecha Manual)

Actually there looks like there is a hinge to open for the gunpod.

Hey guys, does AmiAmi work the same way as HLJ when it comes to pre-orders. As in you don't till the item is instock or do you have to pay up front? Never bought from them before.

Edited by 505thAirborne

Major difference from HLJ is AmiAmi doesn't take order cancellation.

You can ask, and they might do it. They will put you on the black list.

Also Amiami price is lower in general, but their shipping is higher than HLJ.

So in the end, it's about same.

Edited by kyekye

I'm probably go for a plain Silvie VF-2SS and one armored up Nexx one. But I'm thinking again that I should cancel my preorder because it doesn't look very good and I want to hear some in hand reports first.

I'm probably go for a plain Silvie VF-2SS and one armored up Nexx one. But I'm thinking again that I should cancel my preorder because it doesn't look very good and I want to hear some in hand reports first.

How can we get the Nexx one if you cancel your preorder? Remember everything they're going to make beyond the Faerie one is depending on us MacII buyers. ;)

In my one purchase with it, I also noticed Amiami charged a greater shipping fee than HLJ's usual rates. In my case, a 13,000 yen purchase had a 7000 yen shipping fee attached, completely negating the sale discount I was taking advantage of and making the total cost more or less the same as if I had just purchased from HLJ at their regular prices.

I also receive everything in a box nearly thrice as big as it needed to be. So... yeah. There's that.

In my one purchase with it, I also noticed Amiami charged a greater shipping fee than HLJ's usual rates. In my case, a 13,000 yen purchase had a 7000 yen shipping fee attached, completely negating the sale discount I was taking advantage of and making the total cost more or less the same as if I had just purchased from HLJ at their regular prices.

I also receive everything in a box nearly thrice as big as it needed to be. So... yeah. There's that.

it does not matter if your purchase item is only 13,000 yen. The shipping will still be base on the total size and weight of the shipment. Once it reach over 90cm or 2kg the price changes alot. So it's best to figure out the size and weight of the item you plan to get, then add in the estimate weight of the box/packaging. AMIAMI use thicker boxes so it's around 650g for their big small Sal box. Cdjapan used a thinner box that's the same size but it weights at around 480g. Once you exceed those 90cm or 2kg restrictions you'll be upgraded to EMS. CDjapan charges arm and leg for their EMS, Amiami charges the normal EMS rate but due to their thicker shipping box it will always be more since their box is heaver.

HLJ do the the best shipping options/ choices. They also have a Fedex discount rate that no other store offers. If you buy something big or in bulks this shipping method should be the cheapest. They also have a good customer service staff.

Amiami and other stores does offer more discount on certain items than HLJ, which some cost around the same shipped, than HLJ before shipping.

Edited by F360

It doesn't look like Yamcadia/Bandai offerings, which have panel lines that are simply not filled in. It looks like it doesn't have panel lines to begin with. No surface detail whatsoever. That's what I mean by plain.

I suppose you could scribe your own panel lines in, but at such a price point, you shouldn't have to.

ahh thats what you meant... sorry for misunderstanding you!

pictures not good enough to see properly whether there panel lines or not..

EDIT:

having looked much closer to the best pictures i could find....

there is panel lining hard to se because of the very white color and the lighting used when taking the picures....

Edited by Nyankodevice

Yeah Arbit, I enlarged one of AE's pics of the SAP and I see what you saw; it definitely looks like the hinge for gunpod storage is there indeed. Looks like you got this wish granted Graham!

Didn't notice that earlier. Hopefully it will fit the gunpod in it. Also, would it be nice to have another option as well on the legs armor like Nexx. Because after this Faerie release, I doubt that I will continue this series with Nexx. ;)

Now that the Faerie Squadron version with SAP has been announced, I Cut my pre-order of the Silvie version from two pieces down to one piece.

Graham

Your "extra" Sylvie preorder was what made ET decide to proceed with releasing the SAP with Pixie valk....now that you cancelled it....the anticipated interest has been severely miscalculated...the rest of the line is now doomed...

You need to order a second Faerie valk to ensure the "green" one gets released next and save the line!

Edited by jvmacross

Now that the Faerie Squadron version with SAP has been announced, I Cut my pre-order of the Silvie version from two pieces down to one piece.

Graham

Your "extra" Sylvie preorder was what made ET decide to proceed with releasing the SAP with Pixie valk....now that you cancelled it....the anticipated interest has been severely miscalculated...the rest of the line is now doomed...

You need to order a second Faerie valk to ensure the "green" one gets released next and save the line!

Amen to that, jvmacross. Spread the VF-2SS love. :wub:

As for me, I'm all IN on the Faerie one after the Silvie. Hoping that they will release a separate SAP set in the future with an option of Nexx Heavy Gun mount on one of the leg packs. That will be the day. :rolleyes:

I asked HLJ if they would be carrying the 'esclusive' SAP version. They will. :) I prefer to order from somewhere that will look after things if they go wrong, which rules out Amiami and Anime Export.

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for writing. We have contacted our supplier and found out that we can carry this item! The item will be available for pre-order in a few days!

Thank you for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Best Regards,

Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxxx
HobbyLink Japan
http://www.hlj.com

I asked HLJ if they would be carrying the 'esclusive' SAP version. They will. :) I prefer to order from somewhere that will look after things if they go wrong, which rules out Amiami and Anime Export.

Nice!! Thank you for letting us know, I prefer HLJ as well. B))

The good news is...

It's on HLJ now:

http://www.hlj.com/product/EVT57214/Act

The not-so-good-news is...

30,800yen

:mellow:

:(

Yeah. That's the same limited-edition SAP-equipped yellow-striped Faerie Squadron VF2SS.

At msrp.

Maybe hlj's still trying to figure out how much po-discount to offer or something.

If hlj does not offer any discount on it, ami's got a better pricing...

Edited by treatment

I'm sure you all must have already discussed this in the last 30 pages, but do people have experience with their other products? I was under the impression that this was going to be their debut, but apparently they've made a bunch of super sentai stuff already.

If you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts on their quality and QC, generally.

I'm sure you all must have already discussed this in the last 30 pages, but do people have experience with their other products? I was under the impression that this was going to be their debut, but apparently they've made a bunch of super sentai stuff already.

If you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts on their quality and QC, generally.

I don't have something that was made by Evolution Toys so this will be my first. But if you're interested, you can check CollectionDX's figure reviews made by Evolution Toys. Hope that helps. :)

I do have most of their Metal Action Series and Some Dynamic Action models.

As you can guess from the pictures, their products details are not so great. They are there, but as sharp as Bandai or Arcadia's. It's a lot like old Yamato toys detail.

They sure know what some of the fans want thou. Their line of items prove that. So I'm happy they are making this.

As for HLJ, they can go suck an egg. I just came off of heated conversation with them about their customer support... Big disappointment as a long time big customer...They are not like what they used to be.

Now they are officially at the bottom of my online shop list.

Edited by kyekye

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for several months. It was how I discovered about this toy release, and it is my primary source of info for news relating to it. Thanks everyone for the great info and pics!

I've wanted a VF-2 toy since I watched my first US Renditions Macross II VHS tape. I was initially sad that the VF-2 wouldn't have the SAP, but I pre-ordered from HLJ anyway, because... well it was a VF-2. Someone upthread commented that the quality looked like Kronos (a third party Masterpiece Skyfire), and I have to agree with the general sentiment behind that comment. I'm not wowed by the quality I'm seeing in the pics. If this were anything other than a VF-2, I would not have ordered it at all. But since it is. Well, I'm a fool and I seldom have any money.

Anyway, I imagine HLJ had to list the toy. I know that as soon as I learned of the SAP version I cancelled my order for the SAPless version. Maybe the Icarus would be fine as just the fighter, but the VF-2 simply must have the armor pack or it's not the same. Surely I can't be alone in that sentiment. I'm guessing HLJ had a lot of other cancellations the day the SAP version was announced.

I do have most of their Metal Action Series and Some Dynamic Action models.

As you can guess from the pictures, their products details are not so great. They are there, but as sharp as Bandai or Arcadia's. It's a lot like old Yamato toys detail.

They sure know what some of the fans want thou. Their line of items prove that. So I'm happy they are making this.

As for HLJ, they can go suck an egg. I just came off of heated conversation with them about their customer support... Big disappointment as a long time big customer...They are not like what they used to be.

Now they are officially at the bottom of my online shop list.

Sorry to hear about the HLJ experience. Care to share? But as of now they're the only ones where you can still cancel an order in which as of now is more favor for me since I cancelled 2 big orders from them weeks before the release so I'm glad I PO'ed with them. Don't want to risk and get banned from the other online stores. ;)

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for several months. It was how I discovered about this toy release, and it is my primary source of info for news relating to it. Thanks everyone for the great info and pics!

I've wanted a VF-2 toy since I watched my first US Renditions Macross II VHS tape. I was initially sad that the VF-2 wouldn't have the SAP, but I pre-ordered from HLJ anyway, because... well it was a VF-2. Someone upthread commented that the quality looked like Kronos (a third party Masterpiece Skyfire), and I have to agree with the general sentiment behind that comment. I'm not wowed by the quality I'm seeing in the pics. If this were anything other than a VF-2, I would not have ordered it at all. But since it is. Well, I'm a fool and I seldom have any money.

Anyway, I imagine HLJ had to list the toy. I know that as soon as I learned of the SAP version I cancelled my order for the SAPless version. Maybe the Icarus would be fine as just the fighter, but the VF-2 simply must have the armor pack or it's not the same. Surely I can't be alone in that sentiment. I'm guessing HLJ had a lot of other cancellations the day the SAP version was announced.

Welcome to the boards, Gabriel! Hope you enjoy your stay here. ;)

As of cancelling the Silvie (SAP-less) one in favor of the Faerie (SAP included) one? Nah. I've kept my PO with them. Though I PO'ed my Faerie one thru AmiAmi since the price is kinda cheaper than what HLJ posted. :rolleyes:

Just looked at the Yellow VF-2SS images over on amiami and it just looks terrible. The non-smoothness almost looks intentional in Fighter-Mode...

the most offensive part is how wonky the shoulder pads look. I get that is probably hide them due to the slimness of the line art but could they be at least aligned with something?

...but I so want a PT 1/60 VF-2SS... its maddening, it killsme slowly from inside. :angry: