Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

29 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

$50 for the ET VF-2SS is about right, maybe $65 for the ones that come with SAP. But then you have to be okay with owning something that looks and feels like a cheap knockoff. I'd say the Legioss are worth $125-150, they're at least twice as good as the 2SS.

Good info.  Continous polls along this line "what's it worth" might make for an interesting site feature.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-macross-ii-lovers-again-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-silvie-gena-custom-evt57191

Sylvie's VF-2SS is on sale at HLJ right now for $71. I'm reaaaal tempted to get it. I know it's crappy for a 'premium' figure but is it worth for $71 or no?

What does it take to get it with or add the super parts?

4 hours ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-macross-ii-lovers-again-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-silvie-gena-custom-evt57191

Sylvie's VF-2SS is on sale at HLJ right now for $71. I'm reaaaal tempted to get it. I know it's crappy for a 'premium' figure but is it worth for $71 or no?

If you absolutely must have a VF-2SS at 1/60 and have sufficiently low expectations, it might be worth it. I mean really, really low expectations. This thing is significantly crappier than the HMR version in all modes.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

What does it take to get it with or add the super parts?

ET did sell a SAP set separately but that's long sold out. You'll have to get the Faerie Squadron bundle if you want the SAP. Or maybe check Yahoo auctions and see if anyone is selling the SAP set.

I had both and promptly sold them because they were such terrible toys. They would have been decent in 1995, but not today, at their MSRP.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

ET did sell a SAP set separately but that's long sold out. You'll have to get the Faerie Squadron bundle if you want the SAP. Or maybe check Yahoo auctions and see if anyone is selling the SAP set.

I had both and promptly sold them because they were such terrible toys. They would have been decent in 1995, but not today, at their MSRP.

I was thinking if I could find it used/cheap of possibly pulling the trigger. I'm not that into it though. I've got three HMR's. Thanks

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

If you absolutely must have a VF-2SS at 1/60 and have sufficiently low expectations, it might be worth it. I mean really, really low expectations. This thing is significantly crappier than the HMR version in all modes.

Ahem,

This would not even had existed back in 1985 since the release of M2 was 1992. Sometime thereafter sure it could have been better.

The figure does have its charm and honestly, I think it’s just fine as it is.

I am one of the very few who bought four and still like them to this day. Just wish the MSRP did not sting as it did when they were released.

17 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Ahem,

This would not even had existed back in 1985 since the release of M2 was 1992. Sometime thereafter sure it could have been better.

The figure does have its charm and honestly, I think it’s just fine as it is.

I am one of the very few who bought four and still like them to this day. Just wish the MSRP did not sting as it did when they were released.

What year did I write again? :p

1 hour ago, F360 said:

This is also on sale if you want one with the SAP 

MACROSS II LOVERS AGAIN: VF-2SS VALKYRIE II WITH SAP FAERIE SQUADRON LIMITED

https://www.hlj.com/macross-ii-lovers-again-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-with-sap-faerie-squadron-limited-evt57214

¥12,320 JPY

I can live with that. Thanks for the link.

Anyone know what you can use as stand for fighter mode? Something clear preferably? Like a YetiStand or those three post deals (I can't remember the name).

• 4 weeks later...

Not worth it even at these sale prices. I owned the Slyvie and it was a mess. May have been comparative to macross toys in the early 2000s. I sold it right away which i never do with recent toys. I usually sell stuff that i've had for years or that are outdated by a newer release. $50 is about right but only because the battroid holds together alright. Fighter mode is a wright off.

• 3 months later...