Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Do you know if ET considered the VF-2SS line a success? Or is their Macross II line dead? I think there was a pic showing a green striped version...thinking that may never see a release.

Here's the green stripe version. Would be nice to see it released.

post-6180-0-50830800-1480962020_thumb.jpg

Do they have the Faerie also?

Yep, but that one isn't as cheap, yet. They have it at 18,000.

Do you know if ET considered the VF-2SS line a success? Or is their Macross II line dead? I think there was a pic showing a green striped version...thinking that may never see a release.

I have no idea. The VF-2SS probably sold well enough compared to their other toys lines. Last week's Miyazawa Mokei they only had Super Robot stuff on display, not ever the Legioss what there.

A Christmas Wish built on Hope(lessness)...... ^_^

How bad could an ET Icarus be right?....right?!?!? :lol:

As long as it looked good in one mode....I could deal with it.....

vf-2ja-fighter.gif

vf-2ja-gerwalk.gif

vf-2ja-battroid.gif

Looking forward to the Bandai HMR Macross II VF-2SS.....but even if they also came out with a VF-2J Icarus....it probably wouldn't be 1/60 scale..... ;)

got super lucky and found a Faerie Leader VF-2SS on ebay for $130 shipped. Even at that price, it was tough to swallow some of the QC issues out of the box. Screw covers popping off, right arm is loose, and my left arm complete broke at the elbow joint with little movement.

Yay for decent display piece (as are most of my toys in my collection)! Love the size and look of it though, but yea, i can barely touch it

Edited by KiriK

Dealing with ET's VF-2SS multitude of flaws can be best handled via following some great advice given on the Walking Dead.....

"If you have to eat crap, best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. It goes quicker."

Incidentally, that is also fantastic advice if you are still watching the Walking Dead show! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I got the Nexx from HLJ's holiday sale.  It was great to finally get to own one of these.  One of my favorite Valkyrie designs!  Unfortunately, the head was poorly assembled with gaps between some of the parts, and the right bicep (an extremely delicate, complicated assembly) was very poorly assembled and partially glued frozen at the lower swivel.  A couple of hours on my workbench and they were fine.  I also dealt with the many, many nub marks & sprue gate debris.  But I do a lot of toy repair, with skills and tools that made it much less of a challenge, so it was worth it considering how relatively cheap it was.  Most other collectors facing those problems would have been out of luck or trying to arrange an exchange, and probably pretty unhappy.

A beautiful - if fiddly - piece.  Can anyone recommend a flight stand for the full SAP loadout in Battroid mode?

Congrats!

I too was finally able to snag a Nexx VF-2SS cheap via YJA....in order to satisfy my inexplicable desire for the complete set! ^_^.....but have left it in it's box for now....I have the rest of them so I am well aware of it's shortcomings....

All said, it definitely is a very nice display piece.  It looks great with all it's armor attached.  I recall someone placing it on a flightpose stand and it did the job well.  Is the included stand not up to snuff?  I never even tried it.

Edited by jvmacross

42 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Congrats!

I too was finally able to snag a Nexx VF-2SS cheap via YJA....in order to satisfy my inexplicable desire for the complete set! ^_^.....but have left it in it's box for now....I have the rest of them so I am well aware of it's shortcomings....

All said, it definitely is a very nice display piece.  It looks great with all it's armor attached.  I recall someone placing it on a flightpose stand and it did the job well.  Is the included stand not up to snuff?  I never even tried it.

Nice! You've completed the whole lineup? Blue, Yellow, and Green?

On 1/18/2017 at 4:49 PM, jvmacross said:

It looks great with all it's armor attached.  I recall someone placing it on a flightpose stand and it did the job well.  Is the included stand not up to snuff?  I never even tried it.

Ah, "Flightpose"!  Thanks - I had completely forgotten the name of that style stand. (I only have one - under my UniFive Godphoenix.)  Ordered one!

The stand that comes with the bird seems only made for fighter mode display & display of the Squires.  While Battroid mode displays fairly stable with the SAP, I kind of wanted an in-flight Battroid pose, since the VF-2SS only deployed with SAP in space, as I understand it.