Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Finally got my VF-2SS in this morning!

Am I missing something??? The instructions don't tell me how to transform the damm thing...

Looks like Nexx release doesn't have the regular gunpod based on the 2SS tray.

For now, save these instruction manual images from GBMshop site.

Ok. I just finished putting the SAP packs on my VF-2SS Silvie. Looks menacing in Battroid mode. Love the overall look. :wub:

But to be honest, and sad to say, I am very disappointed. :unsure: Quality-wise regarding the plastic used on the SAP, the Transformers Classic toys has better plastic quality over this one. I have a feeling that this toy will not stand the test of time. I'm already worried on the part that inserts at the backpack area. It's so wobbly. Not sure why EvoToys didn't even used the plastic used by Yamato for their Strike/Super Parts. :wacko:

Oh well. I guess that's it for me then. I'm not so sure now about their upcoming Legioss after this one. Assuming that this will go on sale in the future like 75% off. And there's still no 1/60 VF-2SS from other companies. I'll buy another one and glue it for fixed Fighter SAP mode. Hehehe. :lol:

Finally got my VF-2SS in this morning!

Am I missing something??? The instructions don't tell me how to transform the damm thing...

Nope. The Faerie Team Leader I received was the same. It had a sheet for the SAP and a sheet for features on it and the Nexx, but no instructions on how to transform it.

Looks like Nexx release doesn't have the regular gunpod based on the 2SS tray.

For now, save these instruction manual images from GBMshop site.

They used the savings to go into improving the overall fit and quality of the VF-2SS......oh wait.....they just added clicks to the arm armor! :wacko:

Nope. The Faerie Team Leader I received was the same. It had a sheet for the SAP and a sheet for features on it and the Nexx, but no instructions on how to transform it.

Gabriel is correct.

Guess they just assumed the only collectors crazy enough to buy a Faerie or Nexx after all the bad reviews for the Silvie....already had the Silvie, so no instructions required! :p

OK. I finally have it (the Faerie Team Leader version). I spent yesterday evening with it. It's time to say what I think.

Right out of the box, one of the backpack fins broke off. I removed the other, because it was clear I needed to in order to put the SAP backpack on.

This is not anywhere near the same league as any of the Bandai or Arcadia Valks I own. Even the my VF-0A which had the leg break off while I posed it is so far beyond this. Even the Toynami Masterpiece VF-1 toys are much better than this.

The only thing I can compare it to is the Toynami Masterpiece Alpha fighter. It's roughly equal to that floppy in battroid and crooked in fighter mode mess. It's just that the Alpha feels much sturdier.

I got it in Battroid mode and... it looks OK. It stands on it's own. It holds it's gun pod extremely well.

As a transformable toy, this thing is a bust. As a statue to be put on a shelf and be a pure display piece, it works. I'm not sure if I'll ever transform this thing again.

I'm happy to finally have a new VF-2. I can retire my old Bandai model. But I'm not happy how much I paid for it. Maybe if it had been $120 USD total after shipping instead of nearly $300.

PS: Turns out that I'm fine with the yellow stripe.

Edited by GabrielV

Ok. I just finished putting the SAP packs on my VF-2SS Silvie. Looks menacing in Battroid mode. Love the overall look. :wub:

But to be honest, and sad to say, I am very disappointed. :unsure: Quality-wise regarding the plastic used on the SAP, the Transformers Classic toys has better plastic quality over this one. I have a feeling that this toy will not stand the test of time. I'm already worried on the part that inserts at the backpack area. It's so wobbly. Not sure why EvoToys didn't even used the plastic used by Yamato for their Strike/Super Parts. :wacko:

Oh well. I guess that's it for me then. I'm not so sure now about their upcoming Legioss after this one. Assuming that this will go on sale in the future like 75% off. And there's still no 1/60 VF-2SS from other companies. I'll buy another one and glue it for fixed Fighter SAP mode. Hehehe. :lol:

I think anyone who is at this stage of the VF-2SS experience (nightmare?) is in it because they have accepted its limitations and is satisfied with it's "looks" and not necessarily its build quality.

In short, it is a piece that you pick a mode, your favorite mode, and display it with the understanding to never...ever....make the mistake of transforming it again....I agree with you...it will not stand the test of time....IF you keep fiddling with it.....what concerns me more is that it will turn into a yellowed mess within a few years or less....

On the Faerie I received....on of the shoulder locking tabs is already yellowed.....so I do not have high hopes for the rest of the plastic.... ;)

So here goes for my first post. I had been out of Macross collecting for about 10 years spending most of that time on models as they were cheaper and easier to obtain. I was to the point of breaking down and buying the VF-2SS Bandai model as it is my favorite valk design and i really wanted it in my collection, even if it didn't look the best.

During my search for the model I ran across this site as well as the fact that ET was going to be producing a toy version. My eyes lit up! It was fate I tell ya that one was in the process of being released at the very time that I was looking to add one to my collection. I pre-ordered one right away. In the meantime I added around 20 valks to fill in the holes that I had missed over the years :) (such a slippery slippery slope).

Fast forward to the Sylvie release... I had already read the reviews and pretty much knew what to expect. A none too solid fit. A different type of plastic... etc, etc, etc. I have, however, come away feeling that this is a much better toy than most people make it out to be. Is it as good as a Bandai or Yamacadia? No. Should it cost as much as it does? No. Have i enjoyed the heck out of it? Yes.

Now I realize that this may be due to my heavy bias for the VF-2SS and it may just be a 'mileage may vary' sort of thing, but I have had very few issues. The only two things I had to do was add some future to one of the rear thrusters as it was a little too loose and add some to the holes where the arms peg into the leg. After that it was very 'swooshable'.

It seems to me in looking at other peoples pictures and complaints that the legs are not being locked into place correctly. The instructions show that once the leg is pushed onto the tab that you need to slide it back. When you do that you should feel a very slight lock. Once that is done i have no fear of the legs falling out of place during normal use. The arms may still come untabbed but overall it feels sturdy enough.

Moving on to the fairy squadron, which i just got today, I do feel that there have been improvements. The first thing I noticed immediately was the plastic. While Sylvie was glossy this has a matte finish. In addition the plastic itself has changed and is much more rigid. Sylvie's is a softer more flexible plastic. When i squeeze on Sylvie's chest piece (LOL) from the sides it flexes, fairy squad does not. In the end this has given the valk a much more sturdy feel. The matte finish also means that there is more friction between pieces. I find that even though they did not improve the arm/leg connection the added friction alone provides an improvement there.

They also modified the connection of the metal swing bar to the underside. It now has a slot allowing it to slide back a little. This small movement makes the leg locking I mentioned above even easier. I can now hold it by the nose cone and shake it and the legs stay in place. I could not do that with Sylvie.

There is also a new small swing peg added near the leg connection. While not much of an improvement I would assume that it is there to further assist the leg from sliding forward and unlocking.

While not perfect I do prefer the addition of the tabs to the tail fins over what they had before. They have introduced a new problem though. They switched to a thicker clear spacer between the tail fin and its mounts instead of the thinner white one they had before. Not only is it more unsightly (at first i though that it was a dab of glue) but it has reduced the amount of screw that can fit into the fin. I believe that this reduced connection is what is causing the detached fins right out of the box.

That's as far as I have gotten so far as I have yet to transform it or add the SAP pack. I also received Nexx today but haven't opened it yet to see if it includes the same or even further enhancements (not likely I know). I'll be sure to comment further if I find anything else.

So overall I am happy to have this in my collection and that they have improved on a flawed but decent product.

P.S. sorry for the long winded post (it's my first after all)

So here goes for my first post. I had been out of Macross collecting for about 10 years spending most of that time on models as they were cheaper and easier to obtain. I was to the point of breaking down and buying the VF-2SS Bandai model as it is my favorite valk design and i really wanted it in my collection, even if it didn't look the best.

During my search for the model I ran across this site as well as the fact that ET was going to be producing a toy version. My eyes lit up! It was fate I tell ya that one was in the process of being released at the very time that I was looking to add one to my collection. I pre-ordered one right away. In the meantime I added around 20 valks to fill in the holes that I had missed over the years :) (such a slippery slippery slope).

Fast forward to the Sylvie release... I had already read the reviews and pretty much knew what to expect. A none too solid fit. A different type of plastic... etc, etc, etc. I have, however, come away feeling that this is a much better toy than most people make it out to be. Is it as good as a Bandai or Yamacadia? No. Should it cost as much as it does? No. Have i enjoyed the heck out of it? Yes.

Now I realize that this may be due to my heavy bias for the VF-2SS and it may just be a 'mileage may vary' sort of thing, but I have had very few issues. The only two things I had to do was add some future to one of the rear thrusters as it was a little too loose and add some to the holes where the arms peg into the leg. After that it was very 'swooshable'.

It seems to me in looking at other peoples pictures and complaints that the legs are not being locked into place correctly. The instructions show that once the leg is pushed onto the tab that you need to slide it back. When you do that you should feel a very slight lock. Once that is done i have no fear of the legs falling out of place during normal use. The arms may still come untabbed but overall it feels sturdy enough.

Moving on to the fairy squadron, which i just got today, I do feel that there have been improvements. The first thing I noticed immediately was the plastic. While Sylvie was glossy this has a matte finish. In addition the plastic itself has changed and is much more rigid. Sylvie's is a softer more flexible plastic. When i squeeze on Sylvie's chest piece (LOL) from the sides it flexes, fairy squad does not. In the end this has given the valk a much more sturdy feel. The matte finish also means that there is more friction between pieces. I find that even though they did not improve the arm/leg connection the added friction alone provides an improvement there.

They also modified the connection of the metal swing bar to the underside. It now has a slot allowing it to slide back a little. This small movement makes the leg locking I mentioned above even easier. I can now hold it by the nose cone and shake it and the legs stay in place. I could not do that with Sylvie.

There is also a new small swing peg added near the leg connection. While not much of an improvement I would assume that it is there to further assist the leg from sliding forward and unlocking.

While not perfect I do prefer the addition of the tabs to the tail fins over what they had before. They have introduced a new problem though. They switched to a thicker clear spacer between the tail fin and its mounts instead of the thinner white one they had before. Not only is it more unsightly (at first i though that it was a dab of glue) but it has reduced the amount of screw that can fit into the fin. I believe that this reduced connection is what is causing the detached fins right out of the box.

That's as far as I have gotten so far as I have yet to transform it or add the SAP pack. I also received Nexx today but haven't opened it yet to see if it includes the same or even further enhancements (not likely I know). I'll be sure to comment further if I find anything else.

So overall I am happy to have this in my collection and that they have improved on a flawed but decent product.

P.S. sorry for the long winded post (it's my first after all)

hey Booby welcome to the forum.

these changes that you are telling made me get interest in getting nexx in the future, even the fairy, but at a discounted price. I like Silvie's VF-2SS a lot, and it deserve a worthy companion!

I've received my nexx and it is true have matte finish no glossy like silvie

is more solid in the 3 modes feels with more quality and tight

the SAP is impressive give a look of flying tank i love it are easy to wear it and not to heavy

I really recomended for all vf 2ss fans seems the delayed woth it!

post-3872-0-65755900-1470434752_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-51316000-1470434792_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-24615800-1470434846_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-33483500-1470434903_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-44913900-1470434932_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-65580100-1470434951_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-18164200-1470434978_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-96866800-1470435003_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-31594900-1470435030_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-45574700-1470435043_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-73185800-1470435067_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-72942200-1470435084_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-94766100-1470435121_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-99845600-1470435155_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-81657600-1470435193_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-61101700-1470435224_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-14657800-1470435243_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-70343700-1470435267_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-90428900-1470435293_thumb.jpg

hey Booby welcome to the forum.

these changes that you are telling made me get interest in getting nexx in the future, even the fairy, but at a discounted price. I like Silvie's VF-2SS a lot, and it deserve a worthy companion!

Thanks for the kind welcome :)

I opened up Nexx and it also has the same improvements listed above.

As far as the SAP packs I would HIGHLY recommend not trying to open the missile doors as another poster alluded to. The connection points are very thin and you are just asking for trouble messing with them.

ET also made a curious decision. For the fairy and the stand alone SAP they included a second set of arm armors (see pics from poster above). Nexx did not have these. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why. After lots of examination i saw why, they changed the tabs that hold the flip up door closed. The new tabs are a definite improvement and I'm glad they did it but why they would have given us both makes no sense considering they obviously made a package change for Nexx.

Welcome to the forum, Boobytrap. That information was shared up thread by Kinzoku VF here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42438&p=1256834

It looks like you got a good copy of Silvie. Not everyone's copy worked that way out of the box. :(

One other difference I just noticed is that they fixed the angle of the legs in fighter mode. It always bugged me how they sloped downward on Sylvie and nothing I could do seemed to correct the issue. But both Nexx and fairy have legs that extend straight back in fighter mode. This fix helps to give the fighter mode profile a slimmer appearance.

If I had any abilities with a camera I would show pictures but alas I don't. Hopefully someone more skilled than I can show what I am talking about.

Welcome to the forum, Boobytrap. That information was shared up thread by Kinzoku VF here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42438&p=1256834

It looks like you got a good copy of Silvie. Not everyone's copy worked that way out of the box. :(

I feel you. I'm sure that not everyone was as fortunate as I. I was also lucky enough to get a perfectly functional VF-0D (fingers crossed my luck keeps holding out). It's the pride of my collection. And for the record, anime accurate or not, I love the shade of blue. ;)

As for the Nexx and fairy I can at least give some kudos to ET for attempting to correct some of the flaws, although I'm sure we wish that they weren't (and shouldn't have been) there to begin with.

The biggest flaw (not including the transformation process) was the lack of a strong connection between the arm and legs...ET completely ignored the problem and made it worse with the mounting of the armor as they removed what little connection points existed....no idea what they were thinking.....it would have been an easy fix by adding a thicker tab to the arm armor pieces and a slot to the leg armor.....line art accuracy be damned....it wasn't winning any awards in that category to begin with....

Thanks guys for pointing out the thing about the legs moving back. The instructions show it but I was too afraid of breaking the legs. After the last time legs drooping after getting it on the stand I said "screw it" and yanked back on the legs to be met with a "click" and now the leg is locked in tight. Hope I didn't break anything.

The biggest flaw (not including the transformation process) was the lack of a strong connection between the arm and legs...ET completely ignored the problem and made it worse with the mounting of the armor as they removed what little connection points existed....no idea what they were thinking.....it would have been an easy fix by adding a thicker tab to the arm armor pieces and a slot to the leg armor.....line art accuracy be damned....it wasn't winning any awards in that category to begin with....

Agree wholeheartedly. Eliminating that connection altogether with the SAP was a horrible choice.

I'm also not a fan of how the top part of the SAP attaches. It's secure enough but I have a hard time getting the engines to fit in it right.

I've received my nexx and it is true have matte finish no glossy like silvie

is more solid in the 3 modes feels with more quality and tight

the SAP is impressive give a look of flying tank i love it are easy to wear it and not to heavy

I really recomended for all vf 2ss fans seems the delayed woth it!

Did you cut off the chest tabs?

The SAP only emphasizes the poor engineering job ET did. I hope Bandai does an HMR version as I have not doubt they would nail it.

Fighter mode is a floppy mess and is even worse with the SAP...until this mention of the leg slide... I have a feeling that tab will snap with too much use. Decent display piece that could have been much better. Will consider the Next and Faery if they show up on Mandarake cheaper.

Welcome aboard, Boobytrap. And thanks for your insights on the latter releases. I was planning on getting the Nexx before. Had them PO as well over HLJ. But knowing that there will be minor improvements, I decided not to get it anymore. Esp with the amount that they're asking for it. Yeah it's nice to get another one and see the improvements. But with the price they're asking for, you'll get better toys with the same price from other companies. I'll just wait for Nexx to go on sale. ;)

And yeah, like the last time I said, it would be nice if they added their magnets to lock everything in place instead of using tabs that looks like it will only last for about 2-3 transformations. :(

【Super Armed Pack (SAP)】VF-2SS Valkyrie II[/size][/font][/color][/align]

[align=left]finally.... a piece chicken rib of coz... quick snaps[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2016/08/macross-ii-super-armed-pack-sapvf-2ss.html

[align=left][float=left]_DSC8490.JPG[/float][/align]

[align=center][float=left]_DSC8487.JPG[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]_DSC8488.JPG[/float]

[/align]