Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

What do those air intakes actually feed? Two more engines? Where are the exhausts?

based on the line art they feed into the shoulders, with the exhaust coming out of the wrists (which are rendered identically to the exhaust on the backpack thruster pods). :p

vf-2ss-fighter-lineart.gif

more realistically, they serve the same function and work the same way as the chest intakes on the VF-1. (of course I have no idea what purpose those serve)

Edited by anime52k8

Just saw it at usd165 at shop... Should I grab it?

Wow, that's pretty good. If anything, I think you might appreciate the battroid mode and enjoy its presence. It's tall, commanding and has 90's vibe going on strong. Knowing what I've seen of your work, I think you could do it some heavy photo justice and capture a nostalgic representation of this rather rare bird previously only scene in art or renderings but now finally in 3D :)

Please forgive the unfinished look, but I plan on using the dimensions from this physical proto, to remake it in CAD. It helps lock the leg in place and hide the bar as much as possible. Going to CAD it sometime next week, and if there's enough demand I will offer them in high quality ABS 3D prints on my web store.

24649590924_6af764a8a7_c.jpg

25187073051_d0fea3561e_c.jpg

25187073791_784ee4135c_c.jpg

25187058421_a4f086daca_c.jpg

I am definitely in for a set.

vf-2ss-acrobaticred-battroid.gif

As you know this design can E...A...S...I...L...Y be milked (albeit hopefully with some significant improvements), and since canonization has been debateable for years and years...could that work to a VF-2SS lovers advantage and get milked into fantasy territory? ^_^ Probably not but it won't prevent inevitable customizations which could look like previous bandai mods such as this made by a VF-2SS fan...

7_004.jpg

7_003.jpg

Which without armor could look something like...

max.jpgmiriya.jpg

As you know this design can E...A...S...I...L...Y be milked (albeit hopefully with some significant improvements), and since canonization has been debateable for years and years...could that work to a VF-2SS lovers advantage and get milked into fantasy territory? ^_^ Probably not but it won't prevent inevitable customizations which could look like previous bandai mods such as this made by a VF-2SS fan...

7_004.jpg

7_003.jpg

Kinda looks like they came out from a Gradius game. ;)

Just saw it at usd165 at shop... Should I grab it?

I wouldn't recommend it. If you can get disappointed from something like Arcadia's VF-0D, I don't see how this will satisfy you in any way.

Also, as Macross II is not considered canon and these valks are not Kawamori designs, I don't consider any of them as necessary to complete a Macross collection.

But if you really want to spend your money, it's your call.

...this mold could be milked for so many different color schemes, ET could definitely cash in with this Valk...

These were done quiet a ways back by tennozeorymer I think. Oh the fun that could be had by imagining upgrades for all your favorite pilots/paint schemes...

vf-2ss_variants.jpg

low-vis.jpg

ozma.jpg

jetfire_siren_2.jpg

jetfire_siren_1.jpg

UGH...should've waited.

AmiAmi just knocked the price down to 18,450 yen. :rolleyes:

That's great for us...but it's also rather sudden considering this was JUST released.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012829&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

UGH...should've waited.

AmiAmi just knocked the price down to 18,450 yen. :rolleyes:

That's great for us...but it's also rather sudden considering this was JUST released.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012829&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmacross%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

I don't think they knocked down the price for their entire VF-2SS inventory. It's only for the 'box damaged' version.

I wouldn't recommend it. If you can get disappointed from something like Arcadia's VF-0D, I don't see how this will satisfy you in any way.

Also, as Macross II is not considered canon and these valks are not Kawamori designs, I don't consider any of them as necessary to complete a Macross collection.

But if you really want to spend your money, it's your call.

As far as I remember Macross II is considered canons awhile ago. The Valkyrie is still not designed by Kawamori but I think this brings an interesting aspect into its design. Especially it does away with the hip kibble and angel wings that Kawamori seems to prefer lately. ^_^

Whether it's canon or an alternate timeline is irrelevant to me. I love Macross II, always have, always will and love the VF-2SS design.

However, I DO NOT love this toy. I so wanted it to be good, but to me it's just a big disappointment.

Even battroid mode which as others have said locks together much better than fighter mode has issues. IMO, I basically consider it a fixed pose statue, as as soon as you start to pose the hips, the hip bar connection starts to unlock, as sometimes do the to small tabs connecting the back and chest plate. And as soon as you start to pose the shoulders or upper arms, the shoulder tabs want to come unpegged as well :( . And lets not get started on trying to get the battroid to actually securely hold the gunpod.........Grrrr.

It's sad, because with just a few small changes, this toy could have been awesome.

It really isn't perfect, but since it's probably the best we'll ever get, there's some workarounds that really make it a lot better.

I feel like the hip locking mechanism is pointless and frankly restricts mobility, so I intentionally leave it unlocked. The rest of the tabs keep it together in battroid as much as it needs and with the hip bars unlocked from each other, the hips are about as flexible as a V2 VF-1. As for holding the gunpod, use the tab and don't bother moving the fingers. Unless yours has different tolerances and just doesn't securely peg in, that's all it needs, and the fingers are just kind of for show. (Graham, I know you've said you're not a Transformers person, but MP Hot Rod was the same way, and I got used to that from him...)

The superglue solution will also work absolute wonders if you're willing to apply it, it's a night and day sort of difference. I feel like the base figure is so close to being something worthwhile and it only takes a little bit of user-end effort to bring it to where it should have been from the factory. Annoying that we have to do it, but to finally have a VF-2SS on my shelf after 20 years of not existing, I'm more than okay with all of that.

Really? I didn't know that. Aren't there too many contradictions created by it to be considered canon?

THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS, THERE IS ONLY MACROSS!

Since every iteration of Macross that we watch/read/play is a in-universe retelling of events that happened you can dismiss all contradictions as artistic freedom. This is, at least to my knowledge, how the greater Macross cannon works. Someone who is more versed in this topic that I am might be able to give you an answer with actual sources.

This means Kawamori could someday create a Macross show that is a parody of the way Space War I is displayed in Macross DYRL with double-decker instead of jet Valkyries and it would still be canon. ^_^

Macross II can easily be explained away as in universe alternate reality fiction. A movie somebody made that follows the premise "What if the space colonization project never happened." Boom, cannon.

Don't try to bring Macross II into Macross cannon. That's impossible. Instead try to realize the truth. There is no Macross II.