Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

The one decent shot shown of the Gerwalk mode of the VF-2SS in Episode 4, section B of the OAV shows the leg intakes way out to the side of the fusealage intakes. More or less position D or fighter position. The shoulders are resting on top of the intakes.

Is there any way to connect the gunpod to the undercarriage? I've seen something that looks like this in a few shots.

Incidentally, I don't think I've seen the fin coming down from the bottom center (slightly to the rear of the cockpit section). I take it that feature doesn't exist on this toy?

It's there. You can see it the undercarriage shots folded between a rectangular piece. I wish that piece was more wedge shape though to blend in with the fuselage instead of a 90 angle.

silvievalkyrie20.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

That is cool! The SS is not but the 2J definitely is! B)) I definitely much prefer the VF-2J over the SS.. If they were to ever learn from the SS and make the 2J then depending on how good it turned out I'd definitely buy one!

:

I thought I was the only one who preferred the 2J.

And agreed----if they make (massive) improvements I'd buy a 2J.

The one decent shot shown of the Gerwalk mode of the VF-2SS in Episode 4, section B of the OAV shows the leg intakes way out to the side of the fusealage intakes. More or less position D or fighter position. The shoulders are resting on top of the intakes.

Is there any way to connect the gunpod to the undercarriage? I've seen something that looks like this in a few shots.

Incidentally, I don't think I've seen the fin coming down from the bottom center (slightly to the rear of the cockpit section). I take it that feature doesn't exist on this toy?

med_gallery_12176_633_1786799.jpg

med_gallery_12176_633_1519946.jpg

Been rambling about ET crappy Qc and materials for the past few days. Seems people are still surprised?

The bloke who broke his most definitely handled the thing like a Transformers. Sad, for the guy sure.

But...anyone who has handled a Yamato 1/48 or even 1/60 should know the deal with 'those' hinges..

Do members on this thread exclusively collect Macross? Nothing else?....I know I saw a post from someone who had some Evo Toys....so it should not come as a surprise.

"Their stuff are built kits with magnets".

Don't let the looks fool you, you just need to lift the thing up to understand you're holding a kit. Some have nice red glossy paint ( Red Baron for example) yet, it's lighter than a Revoltech figure....I've got it right next to me as I'm typing ....he'll tell you himself if he could. Wait...I know!post-27197-0-59659800-1456059218_thumb.jpg

Been rambling about ET crappy Qc and materials for the past few days. Seems people are still surprised?

The bloke who broke his most definitely handled the thing like a Transformers. Sad, for the guy sure.

(snip)

Don't let the looks fool you, you just need to lift the thing up to understand you're holding a kit.

I'm expecting something like my pre-built War of the Worlds Martian War Machine from Pegasus Hobby, just with a lot more joints.

I do believe i just bought a 300 dollar banpresto...

It just arrived in the mail today, and I'm trying to like it, but I cannot make the legs/arms/backpack play nicely in fighter mode at all. Its a terribly floppy mess.

Battroid tabs together moreso, but its truly disappointing for the most part.

I hold out hope that it does get done properly by the big guns BanCadia. The SAP version is most likely going to be cancelled preorder because the floppiness will only be exasperated by the extra weight of parts!

Sad Panda

I still want it, even if it's not great, won't be returning it ( unless it completely falls apart whilst being taken out of the box.....)

But not hidding that I'm getting more and more apprehensive as the days go by regarding this VF-2SS release. (So happy I have other stuff in that parcel too, it will help to alleviate the potential disappointment ...)

Also trying hard to convince myself it will be a 'nice custom project' to work on....( just so that I can forget about the price....)

Hopefully, it will get to me this week so that I can make up my own mind about it. You know what they say about tastes and colours...I might just love the thing!!! (Wishful thinking ).

The thing about this is that , like the VF-4, 99% of 2Ss fans are fighter mode fans. You have to nail that mode first. I'm the odd one who loves all three. But Yamato nailed the VF-4 fighter mode and the other two work well enough. This thing missed the most popular mode and the other two really don't work.

Edited by Mommar

This toy was doomed from the very beginning. It looks so out of date. Can't believe it costs that much.

Even if it goes for 80 bucks, I wouldn't buy it. Prefer the new Hi-Metal line.

If the new Hi-Metal line actually produces the VF-2SS + SAP then I'll collect those. Mine ET Valk is on the way and should be here Tuesday, but reading these reviews/opinions I'm not paying almost $300.00+ for the Fairy Squadron or Nexx version.

The thing about this is that , like the VF-4, 99% of 2Ss fans are fighter mode fans. You have to nail that mode first. I'm the odd one who loves all three. But Yamato nailed the VF-4 fighter mode and the other two work well enough. This thing missed the most popular mode and the other two really don't work.

I'm normally a 50/50 F/B guy (LOL Gerwalk), but in the case of the VF-2, yeah, I do love that Fighter mode. What I always liked about its Battroid mode were all the nods to the VF-1's look (which will always be a favorite), but in a sleeker package matching that sexy fighter.

If the new Hi-Metal line actually produces the VF-2SS + SAP then I'll collect those. Mine ET Valk is on the way and should be here Tuesday, but reading these reviews/opinions I'm not paying almost $300.00+ for the Fairy Squadron or Nexx version.

At this point, I'm hoping someone from Bandai realizes that these things are shelfwarming because they're turds, not because there's no market. A company with a long and storied history like Bandai should know a missed opportunity when they see one. If an HMR sells well, it just might give them an incentive to produce it in 1/60.

At this point, I'm hoping someone from Bandai realizes that these things are shelfwarming because they're turds, not because there's no market. A company with a long and storied history like Bandai should know a missed opportunity when they see one. If an HMR sells well, it just might give them an incentive to produce it in 1/60.

One can hope, way too many Members here who are probably saying "I told you so" are also the same bunch would pay good money for an accurate VF-2SS + SAP. So I feel you absolutely right in that if a Bandai 1/100 scale version sells like hot cakes a DX 1/60 would be next!

And of course the VF-2JA, Metal Siren and possibly a Gigamesh.

Is it possible to return a toy to HLJ or any other sites because it's just plain shitty, or does a toy that never worked to begin with not count as "broken"?

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/200989854-Returns-Refunds

You'll be paying return shipping of course on any possible return.

But if it's still in your private warehouse you can request a full refund within 10 day of payment and 85% after .

I think one of the problems of this release is the perspective we have on these toys. Most of us own several releases of the Yamcadia/Bandai DX line and with that in mind it is hard to judge the toy on its own merits. Especially with the price-tag comparisons with Arcadia releases come up quickly. I think a good comparison to this is the VF-4. If you have one or you did your research before ordering the Arcadia reissue you can see that this is the pinnacle of Yamatos Valkyrie design. An impossible transformation that looks clean in every mode and goes out of its way to be as accurate to the source material as possible. With that picture in mind it is hard to make a fair judgment of the ET VF-2SS.

Earlier today I was reading the Macross thread over at TFW and there where quite a few guys happy with what they saw of the VF-2SS. I assume it depends on your frame of reference. I think the approach of having a toy that is not line-art accurate has its pros but for that you need to have a fun and fast transformation, quality materials that allow for manhandling (I'm afraid to touch my VF-0A ever again ^_^) and not a price-tag that rivals Arcadias offerings. For example I love some of the main-line Transformers toys that Takara releases because they are fun to play around with, designed with manhandling in mind. I'm also highly critical of the Masterpiece line because due to my SoC, Metal Build and DX Valkyries I have a different frame of reference and I know what this line could achieve. But for the MSRP they are worth it, even if MP Ironhide has a beer-belly. :)

While some of the in-hand reports are not sounding very promising I'm eagerly awaiting some video reviews to see how the toy looks when it is handle by someone in a video.

Basically another collector that agrees with my first impressions....completely solid in battroid and gerwalk.....not so much in fighter mode.... :(

Plus whether or not it is canon...I like his idea of storing the gunpod when in battroid mode (at least I think it is his idea, I do not remember it from the anime nor did I follow the manual when transforming it -_- )....with the gunpod attached, the long white plank is less of an eyesore!

This pic also has a clean shot of the back of the chest plate and the infamous chest tabs....ET could have come up with at least three different ways to have concealed them in battroid mode! :angry:

Additionally, the pic also has a clear shot of the arm tabs that "flip" out during fighter mode....these are the only tabs that are used to keep the arms and legs attached when in fighter mode....and as this collector also points out....they are the weakest connection points of the entire toy......I am pretty sure designing the small bit in shapeways with a thicker connecting tab would resolve the issue it has currently with it easily slipping out of the slot where it connects to the leg...

160220l-80d8c.jpg?c=a1

Main thing that shows this Evo Toy release is 'so-so' (or really bad depending on who you ask) , is that on some pics it looks great, while on others it look really crappy... No consistence in the piece whatsoever. Had it been good/average, most pics would've looked equally similar whatever the angle. Sadly not the case.

Anyway still waiting for mine....

For a European country in Fr, service-wise it really feels like you're stuck in an 80's time warp. Yes it could be worse, but It's still a complete hole as far as I'm concerned.

Venting some frustration, sorry m(_ _)m.

I wouldn't get stuck on how it looks in any of the posted pics...it looks much better in person....especially battroid mode....

But as some have pointed out....it is kit-like...it is not something that will be able to be handled very often....definitely not in fighter mode....it fits very well in Battroid and Gerwalk (although gerwalk looks the worst IMO)...everything locks tightly and you can shake it and it will stay locked....

If a great percentage of the value you get out of Macross toys is the ability to transform them over and over again....then the VF-2SS is probably not for you...if you are more of a "set it and forget it" type of Macross collector...where you transform it a few times then put it on display in your favorite mode for a long while.....then you should be able to enjoy the VF-2SS even in it's worst fitting mode..which is the fighter mode...

To anyone on the fence on this Silvie release.....I would suggest to wait for the SAP Faerie or Nexx.....I am hoping that the armor bits will aid in the fitment in fighter mode....the arm armor tabs and leg armor slots will need to fit much tighter in order to be able to hold them together

I'm one of those collectors that hardly ever transforms his VFs....so should be o.k...

But, as it is, it's an 'o.k' looking Battroid, but the 2 other modes are 'meh' ( don't want to say 'crap' until I've had it in my hands....want to stay objective...)

If only they had messed up Battroid mode rather than the fighter mode...(we would most likely still have been p'd off... but more forgiving).

Like some people mentioned, a fair amount of Macross collectors prefer fighter mode...What were EToys thinking?....Doesn't seem they had any real ideas regarding the nature of the target market for this particular line!

( OR...on the contary! They knew we would get it no matter how it turned out!!! Bstrds!!!)

I think they just ran out of time and could't afford to continue working and revising the piece longer than they already had.

With all the releases they constantly keep putting out, they need their designers for other stuff. (They never took that long for any of their other stuff, even the transforming ones...)

Still, it will be a custom/re modelling project, and hopefully with the help of all the talented 3d printing gurus out there, a better looking/holding fighter should be feasible