Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Just looked at the Yellow VF-2SS images over on amiami and it just looks terrible. The non-smoothness almost looks intentional in Fighter-Mode...

the most offensive part is how wonky the shoulder pads look. I get that is probably hide them due to the slimness of the line art but could they be at least aligned with something?

...but I so want a PT 1/60 VF-2SS... its maddening, it killsme slowly from inside. :angry:

Let's wait and see first. Maybe if this one sells, Bandai might release theirs and kill EvoToys the way Bandai did to Arcadia for their VF-19Advance. You'll never know. ;)

I went and checked episode 4 of Macross II, and the animators remembered to give Sylvie a yellow striped VF-2SS because she was actually borrowing one from her subordinate.

Though the SAP tends to block the and legs stripes so it can be hard to tell. Plus these scenes are in an darkly lit spaceship, so the stripe color looks a bit weird.

post-1819-0-56410200-1452966826_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-07474800-1452967173_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-56410200-1452966826_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-94789200-1452967179_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF5SS

I do have most of their Metal Action Series and Some Dynamic Action models.

As you can guess from the pictures, their products details are not so great. They are there, but as sharp as Bandai or Arcadia's. It's a lot like old Yamato toys detail.

They sure know what some of the fans want thou. Their line of items prove that. So I'm happy they are making this.

As for HLJ, they can go suck an egg. I just came off of heated conversation with them about their customer support... Big disappointment as a long time big customer...They are not like what they used to be.

Now they are officially at the bottom of my online shop list.

Exactly, HLJ is getting crappier. In fact, they are charging 5000 yen more than everyone else for the SAP edition. Also, their shipping rate may be cheap but they do a HORRIBLE job packing your item. If you order multiple items then they play tetris with them. They literally just toss the item in or make sure it's stuck inside the box and put a couple of air bubble pieces. Any damage that happnes to the box transfers over to the items. Ami-ami, Hobby search, CD jp, NY all use thicker boxes and plastic wrap your item along with bubble wrap or paper wrap. I only use HLJ if it's absolutely necessary.

Exactly, HLJ is getting crappier. In fact, they are charging 5000 yen more than everyone else for the SAP edition. Also, their shipping rate may be cheap but they do a HORRIBLE job packing your item. If you order multiple items then they play tetris with them. They literally just toss the item in or make sure it's stuck inside the box and put a couple of air bubble pieces. Any damage that happnes to the box transfers over to the items. Ami-ami, Hobby search, CD jp, NY all use thicker boxes and plastic wrap your item along with bubble wrap or paper wrap. I only use HLJ if it's absolutely necessary.

I've had issues with Ami Ami, not hlj. 2 of my 3 VF-0 toys had damage on the boxes from Ami Ami. The one from hlj came in just fine.

As long as the Evolution Sylvie VF-2SS locks together tightly in at least one mode I'll be happy (first preference fighter mode, second preference battroid mode). To be honest, I don't have terribly high expectations for this toy, despite the high price point.

I'm not a Gerwalk lover, so don't care about that mode and rarely display my toys in Gerwalk (although I understand it's in-universe usefulness from a tactical/practical standpoint).

However, if the toy is a froppy mess in all modes, then I'll be cancelling my pre-order for the SAP version. I really hope the SAP version can lock together tightly in fighter mode, as that's how I'll display/play it.

Graham

I've never had a problem with HLJ's packing, but then again, I'm not a person that cares about pristine, mint condition toy boxes, so I've never really paid much attention to HLJ's packing. I typically discard toy boxes, so I don't really care if they the toy box is received with minor scratches, scuffs, dents, tears etc as long as they are not too serious and the toy inside is fine.

My main dislike with HLJ is how painfully slow they are to actually get your order out of the door once your order is in stock and paid for.

I'm an impatient person, so that when something I want is available, I want it yesterday, Hence I'll generally pay for the fastest shipping method (finances allowing).

If you pay for EMS/UPS/FedEx/DHL etc, rather than SAL, this should be a hint to the seller that you want to receive the goods ASAP. This is typically what we call "a clue". However, even after receiving payment HLJ typically takes their own sweet time to get the order out of the door. With most companies the'll typically ship within 1 - 2 days of receiving your payment (if goods are in stock). With HLJ they seem to take much longer to actually get the goods packed and out of the door.

My main dislike with HLJ is how painfully slow they are to actually get your order out of the door once your order is in stock and paid for. If you pay for EMS/UPS/FedEx/DHL etc, rather than SAL, this should be a hint to the seller that you want to receive the goods ASAP. This is typically what we call "a clue". However, even after receiving payment HLJ typically takes their own sweet time to get the order out of the door. With most companies the'll typically ship within 1 - 2 days of receiving your payment (if goods are in stock). With HLJ they seem to take much longer to actually get the goods packed and out of the door.

I second this sentiment. If I order a product that is in stock or select an item in my private warehouse (which is already paid for) and select EMS shipping it should not take 3 days to a week to process and ship my order when there isn't some sort of Holiday.

For me, I really don't mind if HLJ takes time to mail the stuff as long that if there's problem with the item afterwards, it's easy to talk to them than deal with the other stores that ships you the items fast once it's available but give you 'we can't do anything if you live outside Japan' excuses if the item is broken. Just my 2 cents on this which online stores to use and the pros and cons that goes with it. ;)

The more important thing too which store you buy is that 'I secured one and I'm happy now'. ^_^

I'm guessing HLJ might have someone double checking orders before they go out. I've had missing items from them in the past which they reshipped at their expense. One time it was a PG Unicorn and I know that's not cheap to ship via EMS/Fedex. Plus 10% off my next order.

Actually, if they have business accounts with the shipping companies it's pretty damn cheap for them. I used to ship $50k+, fifty pound pieces of equipment for an old company of mine and with a Fed Ex account it would cost $17, maybe.

Actually, if they have business accounts with the shipping companies it's pretty damn cheap for them. I used to ship $50k+, fifty pound pieces of equipment for an old company of mine and with a Fed Ex account it would cost $17, maybe.

Yes but were you shipping domestic or internationally to different countries?

Delayed once again? Looks like my VF-0S will be shipped without this baby. Just wanted to take advantage on saving some shipping cost. :unsure: Photo wise, they're the same old ones been posted on Evolution Toys website.

Vaporware in 10... 9....

As long as I've not prepaid I'm fine if this never comes to fruition; I'd be mildly disappointed, but nowhere near devastated, specially in light of all the pictures showing a lackluster execution released so far...

Edited by mechaninac

If they delay it for another 6 months maybe we will get a good looking VF-2SS. At the moment I'm keeping my preorder for the novelty of it. If this is the only PT VF-2SS ever produced in 1/60 scale I want to own one with and without the SAP. Every time I look at pictures of Fighter-Mode I have second thoughts though. ^_^

I don't think there is any one retailer that will be the "best" for everyone. Each have their own pros/cons and it's up to the buyer to choose which among them best suits their needs.

Personally, NY is my preferred store mainly because they have the best item availability, relatively fast preparation of orders, upfront pricing on shipping upon preorder, fedex shipping option, chat customer support, fair prices (yes, I believe their prices fair when considering the ease of securing orders. On items that are not rare, their prices are usually at par with the best discounts), and low declared value on shipments (meaning no or very cheap customs tax) among other things.

Other people prefer HLJ mainly due to their customer service. While others choose AmiAmi for their cheaper prices. Of course there are many other retailers available which may cater to other tastes. I think it's just important for people to understand what they can expect from each retailer before choosing to purchase from them to lessen any regrets afterwards.

Edited by ArchieNov

Guys, just got a payment request notification from NY for the VF2SS Sylvie Gena Custom. Is it confirmed that the release date has been moved to Feb? Not sure if I should pay for this already...

Usually NY sends out payment requests two weeks in advance. This would indicate that the VF-2SS is being released in mid February. If they've given you a deadline for the payment you can wait a bit. Don't forget to pay before the deadline is due otherwise NY might cancel your account and all other preorders you have with them. If I remember correctly it also becomes incredibly hard to cancel a preorder without repercussions once the payment request is out so be aware.

Thanks Scyla! I was thinking of cancelling my pre-order, but now that you've mentioned about possible repercussions...

I'll think on it a bit more. I was leaning towards getting the Fairie Squadron version with the SAP instead of the naked Sylvie. Oh well. :mellow:

Thanks Scyla! I was thinking of cancelling my pre-order, but now that you've mentioned about possible repercussions...

I'll think on it a bit more. I was leaning towards getting the Fairie Squadron version with the SAP instead of the naked Sylvie. Oh well. :mellow:

Well it doesn't hurt to ask NY directly about canceling. They have a chat service on their site. You could ask them kindly there if it would be possible to cancel your order. If they don't want to lose you as a customer maybe you can get a deal from them.