Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

A bit of matching white paint will do wonders in minimizing the visual impact of those screws. For those fugly tabs, nothing short of cutting the off will suffice, but then you'd need to come up with some alternate solution for locating, stabilizing, and locking the two carapace halves... Properly aligned and strong rare earth magnets might do the trick.

Better be dang strong, because we don't know how much weight it has to support. I'd suggest bar magnets.

More complicated, probably. More elegant, probably not. Again, the VF-2SS's transformation was terrible and does not work in the real world. I'm impressed at any attempt made to PT it, because I honestly didn't think it was possible.

New photos look good, but I think they've got the contrast way, way down to hide the seams. Can barely make out any panel lines. But I was already onboard from the prototypes so I'm fine with it. Liking the look of the cockpit now that it's painted, and the little pilot/Sylvie figure looks nice. Can't wait for mine to show up!

I disagree. First I think you can make the transformation work but you probably have to modify parts of it. Similar to how the Yamcadia VF-1 has no leg delivery system. I think that the modifications have to be a more to the radical side and that you need a several years of experience designing PT Valkyries to get it right. I agree that the leg mechanism shown in the line-art probably won't work. Second I think even with the transformation scheme by ET you can do a way better approach hiding all the parts that are not perfect. The chest pegs, the hinges for the nacelles, the backpack, the way the arms align, the gappiness in Fighter-Mode. This is stuff that could have been improved but they chose not to.

Bandai and Arcadia are probably able to pull this off so I'm looking forward if the HMR VF-2SS comes to fruition.

Better be dang strong, because we don't know how much weight it has to support. I'd suggest bar magnets.

Neodymium magnets, even small ones in the 1/8" sq -1/4" sq range, are surprisingly strong. This little 1/4"x1/4"x1/16" block magnet, for example, has a pull force of 1.77 lbs; a couple of them per side, pulling against each other (even with 1-3mm plastic separation), strategically placed, would provide quite a hold... maybe too much, perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

according to NY the release date is december 31 so this is official or has been confirmed by evolution toys?

No exact date from Evolution Toy's website. But somehow NY's placed date is 75% accurate unless they email us for a new release date. ;)

...deja vu... :ph34r: :)

Edited by no3ljm

• 2 weeks later...

I've gained more familliarity looking at the VF2-SS so closely these recent months.

One strange thing is it does not have the famous Macross rivets or other art design elements of SDF Macross. It does have the VF-1J color scheme, they were not shy about that, so why did they lose all the other brand trademarks?

It also really does not look perfect to me in any single mode.

So which mode was designed first?

Was plane mode designed first, so that corners had to be cut on robot mode?

I'm actually thinking that robot mode may have been designed first and plane mode followed.

Any ideas?

Edited by arbit

• 2 weeks later...

Macross rivets??????

You mean the circle-bar verniers?

Exactly! I don't know my verniers from my air intakes.

I'm a fan of the show, just never understood the VF-22S.

Hope there will be an HMR version though.

Edited by arbit