Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

The VF-2SS with SAP displayed at the event was neither the Sylvie or Nexx version. As of now there still is no plan to releases a Sylvie with SAP. More info in the up comming podcast.

Thanks for some clarification on this matter, I sure hope Evolution Toys figures out what they're doing here. Including the SAP with the VF-2SS should be a standard issue. Just my opinion though.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it looks.... horrible. jk, i haven't posted much on this topic. i'm still watching this thread and going to keep an open mind but with my wallet closed.

Whelp i gambled on this preorder, and now I can't back out. Their mazinger stuff doesn't look that bad, why does this look so off? And the tabs! They made them extra long on top of it. Jeez.

Maybe it was a miscomunication.

"What? Tabs? Yes, we'll have tabs? Don't worry."

"Hey, the customers are asking about tabs. Better make 'em extra big."

Edited by sharky

I pre-ordered through NY, so I'm kinda stuck with it (it IS possible to cancel from NY if you're just very polite and apologetic, but I feel that I have used that card a few too many times to risk it now). I'm not happy about the very bright white and would have hoped for a few more surface details. It would have made it look better I tjink, even if the sculpt and engineering stinks. With all these cancelations, I assume this toy will reach the bargain bins quickly, which will sting. I'd rather have the one with the SAP, but I will likely not be able to sell this one to save my losses...

Matter of fact, you can JUST see them in the upper left of this pic. Looks like they're attached to a 2 in fighter mode. And the sign says 2016, 32,000 yen!

image.jpeg

Can anyone read the red kanji byline under the Super Armed Pack on the info card and what does it says? Thanks! :)

There's a lot of details on what was shown, courtesy of SAVE who was not only on-site but also spoke with Evolution Toys as well.

And above photos may not entirely be what people think they are ;-)

We recorded about it last night and I hope to have the episode edited and posted tomorrow night.

I will, as always, include time stamps for anyone who wants to jump straight to the VF-2SS stuff.

Looking forward to the podcast. Thanks for posting this Tochiro. ;)

The VF-2SS with SAP displayed at the event was neither the Sylvie or Nexx version. As of now there still is no plan to releases a Sylvie with SAP. More info in the up comming podcast.

That's fine....and I was going to probably buy all of them....but what about the boxart? Tenjin or no Tenjin?

I appreciated the fact that ET continues to tweak the design and has a local fan on staff. The twist to the SAP news was good. I wasn't expecting that, especially after reading the rumors about Nexx and the speculation (which seemed logical) that ET might release the SAP parts on their own.

It was a little confusing to me, but if Evolution Toys does indeed start this line with Sylvie and Faerie Squadron then that's cool.

Now I just need to see an updated prototype or the final retail model.

I appreciated the fact that ET continues to tweak the design and has a local fan on staff. The twist to the SAP news was good. I wasn't expecting that, especially after reading the rumors about Nexx and the speculation (which seemed logical) that ET might release the SAP parts on their own.

It was a little confusing to me, but if Evolution Toys does indeed start this line with Sylvie and Faerie Squadron then that's cool.

Now I just need to see an updated prototype or the final retail model.

My only hope that it's going to be Nexx or a Yellow stripe VF-2SS bundled with SAP instead of the all-Red or Green stripe. Hehehe. :lol:

To Tochiro and the rest of the guys back there, did it ever mentioned that they will sell the SAP separately in the future for Silvie? Thanks. ;)

I don't really see how the guy being critical at the beginning of November is going to result in any real changes by the time this thing is released end of December.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay in release. Or, they are only doing very minor changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a delay in release. Or, they are only doing very minor changes.

If they claimed to be making some big changes and then a delay came I'd assume they were actually changing things for the better. However, right now, I don't believe they're doing anything major, and they need to.

Its bizarre that they are choosing the yellow pixie squadron as their second release or first recolor. The obvious choice would be the Nexx version. Personally I only see people buying the sylvie or Nexx versions. Only the hardcore collectors are going to buy the pixie or gah moon festival versions.

Can anyone read the red kanji byline under the Super Armed Pack on the info card and what does it says? Thanks! :)

It says 'Miyazawa model convention limited ' ( and it also says ETA: 2016 spring - 32,000 yen). Hopefully they will general-release the Super Armed Pack later..

Edited by kyekye

My only hope that it's going to be Nexx or a Yellow stripe VF-2SS bundled with SAP instead of the all-Red or Green stripe. Hehehe. :lol:

To Tochiro and the rest of the guys back there, did it ever mentioned that they will sell the SAP separately in the future for Silvie? Thanks. ;)

Tochiro was told at Summer WF by the same guy the Nexx would be bundled with SAP.

So far no mention of the SAP being released separately. We will ask at Winter WF.

Its bizarre that they are choosing the yellow pixie squadron as their second release or first recolor. The obvious choice would be the Nexx version. Personally I only see people buying the sylvie or Nexx versions. Only the hardcore collectors are going to buy the pixie or gah moon festival versions.

We are pretty sure the Nexx will be out before the yellow VF-2SS or released at the same time.

It says 'Miyazawa model convention limited ' ( and it also says ETA: 2016 spring - 32,000 yen). Hopefully they will general-release the Super Armed Pack later..

Since the show was hosted by Miyazawa Mokei ET only displayed the Miyazawa Mokie variant color version (yellow) which will be exclusively distributed through them. All other future versions including Nexx will be available from other distributors within Japan.

Edited by Save

Thanks. I guess, that's what they're referring to on the latest podcast. That it was distributed exclusively. ;)

Tochiro was told at Summer WF by the same guy the Nexx would be bundled with SAP.

So far no mention of the SAP being released separately. We will ask at Winter WF.

We are pretty sure the Nexx will be out before the yellow VF-2SS or released at the same time.

Since the show was hosted by Miyazawa Mokei ET only displayed the Miyazawa Mokie variant color version (yellow) which will be exclusively distributed through them. All other future versions including Nexx will be available from other distributors within Japan.

Thanks so much for these updates, Save! Really appreciate it. ;) Now I'm just going to wait if they will release a separate SAP since I'm just on concentrating to buy the 2SS in white and red stripe scheme. Worst case scenario if ever is sell the 2SS that came with the SAP bundle. But if the bundled one has an upgraded/updated 2SS, then goodbye Silvie. :lol:

Good to know that the yellow stripe one is distributor exclusive. By the way, regarding the Miyazawa Mokei distribution, are they somehow accessible outside from Japan? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well that looks better but I still think that the underside remains terrible. I want to see shots form the under- and backside in Fighter-Mode. Also those hinges on the nacelles couldn't they have a more elegant solution?

This is still due in December?

More complicated, probably. More elegant, probably not. Again, the VF-2SS's transformation was terrible and does not work in the real world. I'm impressed at any attempt made to PT it, because I honestly didn't think it was possible.

New photos look good, but I think they've got the contrast way, way down to hide the seams. Can barely make out any panel lines. But I was already onboard from the prototypes so I'm fine with it. Liking the look of the cockpit now that it's painted, and the little pilot/Sylvie figure looks nice. Can't wait for mine to show up!

I can't unsee that now. Thanks Loop. :p

Personally the tabs on the chest are the worst thing for me.

A bit of matching white paint will do wonders in minimizing the visual impact of those screws. For those fugly tabs, nothing short of cutting the off will suffice, but then you'd need to come up with some alternate solution for locating, stabilizing, and locking the two carapace halves... Properly aligned and strong rare earth magnets might do the trick.