Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Still gonna keep my PO. I want my toy Valks BIG. :lol:

Still gonna keep my PO. I want my toy Valks BIG. :lol:

Ditto...I like my VF's 1/60. No way I'm double dipping for the Valks I already have in 1/100 scale.

Holding on to all my 1/60 valkyries. The HMR stuff looks great and I'm definitely in for many of the upcoming releases, but I am not confident that Bandai won't drop the line as soon as sales start looking disappointing.

I won't begrudge Bandai for trying to make sound business decisions, but it sure would suck to only have half the Skull squadron when the plug gets pulled. :p

Edited by Lolicon

I'm not holding my breath for any of the other Valks. I'm not okay with two of the three modes on the VF-1 and their 19's were all around terrible. I'm in this line for the Battroid-like things we don't see in 1/60 along with the enemy mecha we don't see in 1/60. 1/100 simply doesn't have the same quality as 1/.60.

Matter of fact, you can JUST see them in the upper left of this pic. Looks like they're attached to a 2 in fighter mode. And the sign says 2016, 32,000 yen!

post-324-0-56846300-1446648726_thumb.jpeg

Matter of fact, you can JUST see them in the upper left of this pic. Looks like they're attached to a 2 in fighter mode. And the sign says 2016, 32,000 yen!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Nice eyes! 32000 yen for the SAP + the valk? It cant be just for the SAP, can it?

we can wait for more pics of the SAP attached.. ^_^

Color of the collar has changed to white...hmmm..

Edited by seti88

Another very interesting development, and that means more choices. :)

• ET's VF-2SS + SAP box set, which may or may not include a Valkyrie of a different stripe.
  • Bandai's teased VF-2SS + SAP.

That's more Macross 2 toy news than I thought I would see in a decade.

I think I may play the waiting game until ET and Bandai have all cards on the table.

32k-yen for the VF2SS+SAP, huh?

Way too expensive for a valk from a manufacturer that has questionable engineering and stuff. Doesn't even have their usual magnet stuff, it seems.

Rather hope Bandai's HM-R version comes out early next year.

They might go the way of the Yamato VF-0 Valkyries for magnets and do the SAP parts that way.

It would be odd for them to be showing off a Sylvie with fast packs.....but who knows, maybe there are folks who don't mind one without the fast packs.....guess we will find out soon enough....thinking the SAP-equipped VF-2SS is a Nexx......if it is also a Sylvie...will drop one preorder.....I prefer combo sets whenever possible...

This thing reminds me of Daca Toys Kronos. The plastic looks cheap, and it doesn't look like things are aligning up properly. I canceled my pre-order awhile ago. I really hope this lives up to expectations for those sticking with it. Maybe there are still tweaks to come, and the recent photos are not indicative of the final product? Maybe?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Still all-in on the VF-2SS, however, I have to question their marketing strategy. Sure, the "naked" -2SS will be bought by the die-hard fans....but I think starting off with a fully armed -2SS would have appealed to a much wider audience. If this info gets out enough, casual collectors may decide to cancel existing pre-orders and "wait" for the SAP equipped version....that will never come due to poor sales of the "plain Jane" VF-2SS.... ;)

Time to add a third pre-order.... ^_^

more of a concern than a criticism....as it would seem the SAP may possibly not materialize due to insufficient sales of the SAP-less VF-2SS...which if were to happen, would go down as a bad business decision IMO...

If you don't buy the SAP-less VF-2SS......you can't have your SAP!!!.....how can you have your SAP if you don't buy the SAP-less VF-2SS!!!!?!?!?

Yikes. Seems kinda illogical to release the standalone version and then the bundle when everyone's been asking for the bundle from day one. Looks like I might cancel my PO and wait till they announce the bundle, even if that means the lack of sales for the standalone could just kill the entire line.

Good points all...

I'm no longer part of the early bird group for this release. I've decided to wait for in hand reports and more news on the SAP bundle.

So it seems like maybe there were enough pre-sells to greenlight the SAP? But, what if all the preorders start getting cancelled?

Because it makes perfect sense for folks to drop the single for the combo....strange marketing....

If Evolution Toys wishes/cares to prevent massive cancellations of their standalone Silvie version, they better announce, very soon, that the SAP will be available for purchase by itself for people who would like to equip the first release VF-2, maybe at a later date than the Nexx bundle but confirmed as a certainty nonetheless; otherwise, what is the incentive for buying the Gena type?

They might be thinking that lots of folks would view an extra 10000 yen as too much for the sap so they would prefer the standalone version. They might also be thinking no one would buy Nexx or two vf2SS unless they differentiated them somehow.

<snip>

So it seems like maybe there were enough pre-sells to greenlight the SAP? But, what if all the preorders start getting cancelled?

Because it makes perfect sense for folks to drop the single for the combo....strange marketing....

They could also pull an Arcadia and say, "Surprise! The Valkyrie does come with a grey visor the SAP!" at the last minute.

But my gambling instincts stink, so don't quote me on that. :)

There's a lot of details on what was shown, courtesy of SAVE who was not only on-site but also spoke with Evolution Toys as well.

And above photos may not entirely be what people think they are ;-)

We recorded about it last night and I hope to have the episode edited and posted tomorrow night.

I will, as always, include time stamps for anyone who wants to jump straight to the VF-2SS stuff.

There's a lot of details on what was shown, courtesy of SAVE who was not only on-site but also spoke with Evolution Toys as well.

And above photos may not entirely be what people think they are ;-)

We recorded about it last night and I hope to have the episode edited and posted tomorrow night.

I will, as always, include time stamps for anyone who wants to jump straight to the VF-2SS stuff.

Nice. Thanks for the tip, Tochiro. I'll make sure to listen carefully to those sections.

The VF-2SS with SAP displayed at the event was neither the Sylvie or Nexx version. As of now there still is no plan to releases a Sylvie with SAP. More info in the up comming podcast.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It would be odd for them to be showing off a Sylvie with fast packs.....but who knows, maybe there are folks who don't mind one without the fast packs.....guess we will find out soon enough....thinking the SAP-equipped VF-2SS is a Nexx......if it is also a Sylvie...will drop one preorder.....I prefer combo sets whenever possible...

they all look the same to me

-stereotype valk racist