Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

^ I'm in the same boat as you. I may just opt to ignore the payment request and let it get cancelled that way, and if Amiami closes my account due to it, which would be my 1st time pulling such a stunt, it's their loss.

One of the reason why I don't preorder from AmiAmi anymore.

does HLJ let you cancel preorder? I seems to remember that they allow cancellation.

And with the VF-2SS being a bust for me, I now have more reason (and $) to get a VF-0S for xmas. :p

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Think of it as a "Nicely done Hasbro Transformer" you will feel much better! :D

I was going to post something very similar. It's looks good when compared to, say, leader class Jetfire. Battroid mode looks nice except for those tabs, but the other modes are pretty bad compared to anything Macross.

Definitely not worth the price of admission though.

Five 0S's! That's amazing!

Just email Amiami and ask to cancel the order and they should let you. I've done so a few times.

However, I am a lazy, lazy man, and that extra bit of hassle discourages me from pre-ordering from them. Also, HLJ's private warehouse has encouraged me to order more through them.

So torn on this. I mean, I really don't want this version of the VF-2SS Valkyrie II, but I'm like many others in thinking this might be the only transformable of design we're likely to get. I do want to support the building of an version 2.0. The sad part is, if the sales of this toy are poor, other companies will look at this as a VALKYRIE no one wants rather than a PRODUCT no one wants :(

I really want a VF-2SS toy, but the pics really make me second guess and want to cancel my pre-order. I'm already assuming this will not sell as well as they hope, especailly given the price, and plans for an SAP version will be canceled.

I'd feel really bad if I pay full price and later it gets discounted at HLJ.

I'm not even that much of a stickler for details. I'm usually fine with minor design flaws, but I can't fathom that the toy designers are looking at this thing and think that this is an acceptable toy for the price they want to charge.

They should seriously just raise the price to Arcadia levels and just redesign it. That's assuming it would be vastly improved at a higher price.

It really could use thrusters/legs that are a smidge wider. And I agree that it looks like a panel is missing, especially when looking at the line art. It will be interesting to see if that is a transformation error or an unfortunate design decision. The little black stand...that thing just looks nasty. It boggles the mind why they chose to show that off with the painted copy.

It's strange that they seem to not put much love into this, when their Jeeg was supposed to be amazing.

After seeing their take on Gordian I had no hope for this.

This is what ET came up with:

Gordian%202.jpg

Gordian%203.jpg

They made all the figures almost the same size when its supposed to look like this. The original release by CM's was released in 2010 <_<

Gordian%204.jpg

Now I'm wishing I didn't pre-order with AmiAmi...

^ I'm in the same boat as you. I may just opt to ignore the payment request and let it get cancelled that way, and if Amiami closes my account due to it, which would be my 1st time pulling such a stunt, it's their loss.

You guys can email ami to cancel your preorders. They will cancel it since it's just a preorder still. They'll just give you their usual standard guilt-email crap response.

LOL...you guys are a harsh bunch!

Anyway.....it's Macross II so it's going to have to be good enough for the time being....at best it is as good as anything animated on screen.....I'll just say it's closer to anime "accurate" than lineart accurate.... :rolleyes:

1392346156_2_3_3978469571a6245dc44b5c9fd

Hopefully the Japanese fans are more forgiving than some MW "fans"..... :rolleyes:

Or maybe someone can design a SAP for it if Evolution Toys flakes out......

LOL...you guys are a harsh bunch!

Anyway.....it's Macross II so it's going to have to be good enough for the time being....at best it is as good as anything animated on screen.....I'll just say it's closer to anime "accurate" than lineart accurate.... :rolleyes:

As a Macross II Valkyrie, it's almost fitting, isn't it? :p

I'm trying to take the glass half full path, although I get where the critics are coming from too. The same thing happened with MegaHouse's Orguss release (too pricey, looks cheap, yadda, yadda), but it ended up been a solid recreation of Kei's Orguss in toy form and MegaHouse is continuing the line. For this VF-2SS, Battroid looks like the best mode in the latest pictures. I'm hoping that some sort of transformation nonsense was keeping the other photos from looking their best. We'll see when people get this in hand. ;)

So torn on this. I mean, I really don't want this version of the VF-2SS Valkyrie II, but I'm like many others in thinking this might be the only transformable of design we're likely to get. I do want to support the building of an version 2.0. The sad part is, if the sales of this toy are poor, other companies will look at this as a VALKYRIE no one wants rather than a PRODUCT no one wants :(

See, that's the thing, right? This product sucks. The 2SS is awesome, and it has tons of fans who want one. But this particular toy looks terrible. I'm in the same boat, I'm not sure what to do with my pre-order.

Considering the amount of anime magic required to move the legs from fighter to Battroid mode I'm okay with that part of the toy as it is. Bandai's model kit swaps out the connection part for all three modes. This toy uses swing bars and doesn't look like it part forms. Still don't like the tabs but doesn't look like they're going to change that.

And I've already paid for mine since I ordered from AE so eh.

If Arcadia or Bandai won't make changes/improvement when pre-production shots like this are showed. I doubt this 2SS will get any better. I'll take my chances and wait for it to go on clearance if I have the extra dough.

Oh yeah. HLJ allows for orders to get canceled with not backlash.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

well, I took the gamble and pre-ordered it at AE, already paid for it, so I guess i'm gonna own it! OMG those are ugly ass pictures. If a company doesn't even have the foresight to hire a good photographer to make their promo pictures look semi good, then what can you expect of their toy? seriously, I there are peeps in this site that could make that toy at least look semi enticing under the right lighting. exposed screws, exposed everything... i wants my money back.

Ahh this makes me sad. Macross II was the first anime I ever watched and I have an almost irrational love for this particular valk. But this is really shaping up to be an inferior release. ET is charging Yamato prices for nowhere near that level of engineering. Pass until sale.

I know that there are many things they could've done better but at least make the under belly cover (in fighter/rear backpack in battroid) removable so it could be shorter. That things got an eyesore of a tail in the backpack!

Still keeping my one though. I think I'll keep it in fighter mode banking so I don't see underneath.