Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

*snip*

Are those people who have placed pre-orders based on the photos we have seen so far really that happy or content with the toy in its current and possibly release state?

Even early prototype photo's of past and current Yamato/Arcadia & Bandai Valks this early before release looked a heck of a lot more complete than the Evolution Toy does.

I dunno.. maybe im being too critical at this early stage and need to give things a little more time perhaps?

Yes I am. ;) There will be regrets for sure if the figure is not great looking but there's still the satisfaction of owning a VF-2SS. I never own one even the old model kits, even resin kits. I know I'm not a big fan of the anime series but I do like the Valk design of it. I know it's hard to compare it to the big two. But I will give them a shot. :rolleyes:

I just hope that in the future they will release a SAP pack. ^_^

Yes I am. ;) There will be regrets for sure if the figure is not great looking but there's still the satisfaction of owning a VF-2SS. I never own one even the old model kits, even resin kits. I know I'm not a big fan of the anime series but I do like the Valk design of it. I know it's hard to compare it to the big two. But I will give them a shot. :rolleyes:

I just hope that in the future they will release a SAP pack. ^_^

Don't get me wrong I do like the design of the VF-2SS and when I first saw the pics of it I thought that this could end up becoming a good thing.

Its just that it doesn't seemed to have progressed much if at all from those early photos which is both disappointing and a little worrying as although it does look "ok" in those early photos it just doesn't look great either. I was hoping they would have refined it a bit more by the time the pre-orders opened but going by the photos in the store listings it clearly has not. Like I said, who knows they may just be holding back any more development pics and are yet to reveal the final product but I as it looks as of those photos im not terribly impressed and don't believe its going to be worth the asking price SAP included or not..

So I am still debating whether or not to place a PO with the pay later or cancel if need be.

Don't get me wrong I do like the design of the VF-2SS and when I first saw the pics of it I thought that this could end up becoming a good thing.

Its just that it doesn't seemed to have progressed much if at all from those early photos which is both disappointing and a little worrying as although it does look "ok" in those early photos it just doesn't look great either. I was hoping they would have refined it a bit more by the time the pre-orders opened but going by the photos in the store listings it clearly has not. Like I said, who knows they may just be holding back any more development pics and are yet to reveal the final product but I as it looks as of those photos im not terribly impressed and don't believe its going to be worth the asking price SAP included or not..

So I am still debating whether or not to place a PO with the pay later or cancel if need be.

It's ok, Spanner. I mean, if you're still on the fence on this one, you can still PO and then cancel later if ever they decide on putting out more photos before release. Go with HLJ on this one for easy cancellation.

Right now, for me, besides the comment I posted earlier is I have a feeling that it will be awhile before we see another decent VF-2SS in 1/60 scale. Like Graham said earlier, he bugged Yamato for a long time to do a VF-2SS. And coming from their mouth, they recognize that Macross II is not as popular to make them. And I have a feeling that they will just produce a quantity of numbers based on the preorders.

Well, here's to hoping on a decent VF-2SS in the future. Or any valk from the Macross II. ;)

But what are the chances of Bandai making a DX Chogokin of this that also happen to include the SAP .

Slim to none. If this VF-2SS should be a big seller and require demand for more variants, as well the SAP, possibly the VF-2JA & Metal Siren. Maybe then Bandai could possibly consider it.

For now this is your best bet for one, Macross II released in 1993 and no one (Bandai or Yamato) has ever made a Variable toy from Mac II.

Slim to none. If this VF-2SS should be a big seller and require demand for more variants, as well the SAP, possibly the VF-2JA & Metal Siren. Maybe then Bandai could possibly consider it.

For now this is your best bet for one, Macross II released in 1993 and no one (Bandai or Yamato) has ever made a Variable toy from Mac II.

Bandai made a semi transformable model kit back in 1992. It was a pretty good kit.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1992/vf2ss_valkyrie_ii_super_armed_pack

Bandai made a semi transformable model kit back in 1992. It was a pretty good kit.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1992/vf2ss_valkyrie_ii_super_armed_pack

I actually have three of those kits, and sadly that's as close as we ever got.

I think after 22 years of no Official Variable Toy ever made, I think this VF-2SS will sell very well and since money talks (loudly) maybe Bandai will give in or perhaps even Arcadia and build their own version..... anything's possible. B))

I think we'll see some improvements in the final piece - the coloured images floating about are nothing more than Potato-shopped images of the prototype. Prototypes are loose, floppy and saggy. The exposure is high in the images.

I have faith.

Worst case scenario is that it's a floppy and broken mess when it arrives - more of an excuse to pull it apart and customize it.

Personally - I'll go with the blue stripe :)

PS. Release is still at the end of the year, right?

Any info on Evolution toys or how to contact them?

Edited by Kurisama

Hong Kong store opens order at around USD 160.... should I go?

The company's track record is so bad...

That's pretty much the same price as amiami, N-Y and A-E. Unless they're offering some sort of kick-ass free delivery I can't see why you'd order from them if their track record is so bad.

I think he was referring to Evolution Toys as having a bad track record.

@Gundam@EFSF - In my opinion, unless you are a really really big fan of the VF-2SS, I would say don't get this one. If you weren't satisfied with the YF-30, then I think this will seriously disappoint you.

I think he was referring to Evolution Toys as having a bad track record.

@Gundam@EFSF - In my opinion, unless you are a really really big fan of the VF-2SS, I would say don't get this one. If you weren't satisfied with the YF-30, then I think this will seriously disappoint you.

thanks for advice, grabbed VF-0D of arcadia instead~

Gundam@EFSF, what did you not like about the YF-30? I have yet to even play with mine. I have it sitting on the table in fighter mode still.

Based on what I read in another thread here, he just found it too skinny looking in battroid mode. So it's not a problem with the toy itself, but rather of its source material. Not sure if he had other issues with it.

That's pretty much the same price as amiami, N-Y and A-E. Unless they're offering some sort of kick-ass free delivery I can't see why you'd order from them if their track record is so bad.

I'm pretty sure "Gundam@EFSF" lives in Hong Kong so the shipping will be free since he'll just walk to the store to pick it up.

Forgive me if this is old pics and image quality sucks, I couldn't figure out how to download it.

post-7577-0-44251400-1437904962_thumb.pngpost-7577-0-43090300-1437904969_thumb.png

Credit to flying fish on Twitter

Edited by wmkjr

Indeed, the engineering is quite perfect, I just don't like the skinny outlook; for B mode, I prefer VF19 with more "muscle"~

yes its a very nicely engineered piece with a few little silly things wrong with it but I rather like the more svelte look. Makes it looks new, refined & sleek!

I preordered from HLJ with the security that if I change my mind, I can cancel promptly without any backlash.

Thanks for sharing wmkjr

There's something I don't understand of the engineering, why didn't they just add the hinge inside the intake and why the hell they made the legs so skinny, they don't attach to anything else but the wings, so clarance fitment is not an issue.

Hmmm...