Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Why, the V2 VF-1 was already an established mold that largely got things right. This, on the other hand, none of us know what the quality is but based on the proportions they're ignoring some pretty large details.

The reason is simple...it's never been attempted by anyone before....and perhaps never again....you need to be a fan of the design first to understand....if you value the engineering that goes into the toy more so than the "general look of the toy"...then this is probably not for you....best to wait for a better version

If you "supported" Arcadia when they re-started the 1/60 VF line with the awful Aniversario....and then bought from them yet another set of Hikaru and Roy -1S's "pinkish edition"....then you need to support this if you can...150 USD at AE shouldn't break the bank..... :rolleyes:

I'm just buying one to support my addiction. :3

gonna redo some things on it though, and make a SAP for it!!!

also ill give it a proper paint job w/ weathering

I like the way you think. Ive never been fond of the SAP, namely that huge cannon, but I might make something for the arms, legs and some sort of fast pack.

I honestly think too that it will take awhile before we see another company take stab at this Valk since Macross II is not as popular as the rest of the other series.

But then again... if ever there's a Ver 2 for this one, I will still buy one. And robably, I'll be in my 50's when that happens. ;)

That is why I pre-ordered one. I highly doubt anyone else will dive in to the Mac II toy arena anytime soon. All I can say is if you are on the fence and still want to make sure you can get one if you lean on that side, make a pre-order somewhere where you can cancel it easily without any hassles.

That is why I pre-ordered one. I highly doubt anyone else will dive in to the Mac II toy arena anytime soon. All I can say is if you are on the fence and still want to make sure you can get one if you lean on that side, make a pre-order somewhere where you can cancel it easily without any hassles.

Speaking of, what are the chances and consequences of canceling at AmiAmi? I pulled the trigger before any other shops could put up their preorder pages...

OK so I just spent more time looking at the line art.. I am about 96% sure I will most likely cancel this one before it's released if there are no tweaks to make this toy look any better. When I imagine it in my valk collection it looks like it will be out of place. All of the stuff I have represent themselves pretty damn faithfully to their anime counterparts, but I look at this and wonder what happened. I know they are a smaller company but they have toys on the market, could they not afford one of the hot designers like T-rex to help out on the design? Or could it be that the anime magic is just that strong with this one?

Speaking of, what are the chances and consequences of canceling at AmiAmi? I pulled the trigger before any other shops could put up their preorder pages...

I have never tried it. The rumor is possible blacklisting, they are not a friendly bunch that's for sure. I wonder if anyone has had success in cancelling and keeping their account?

Edited by Loop

So hey hello, here's my 2 cents;

I really like the VF-2SS and probably more the VF-2JA - I first saw Mac II soon after 'discovering' DYRL after getting hooked on the first 1/3 of Robotech - ANYWAYS; I like their design progressions from the 'original'.

This toy - although a valiant effort and looking pretty good, I find to be really lacking - in what should be more if it is to be the only opportunity to have it in toy form.

Mostly it's the proportions and compromises that have been made to this incarnation - which in a lot of areas looks simply like they scaled up the old kit.

It looks static - in the anime the designs and movement where very dynamic. The way the joint have been implemented and also their range of movement leave a lot to be desired. Case and point (ignoring the top/rear thruster pin fiasco) is the bicep 'snap' - really? why not a double jointer elbow and bicep swivel? In addition to this the pauldron and shoulder joint could be executed in such a way that allows a wide range of movement - packed up with inner components of nylon for starters.

The legs overall - I'd have fattened them up a bit for more anime accuracy - but keep in mind the look in fighter - like how Arcadia did the YF-19. Give them a strong silhouette - as they are, they don't have visual interest - or at least consistency in the other design choices made on the figure.

Ankle tilt, bruv - you must have this.

All the above critiques lay the way fro gerwalk to be disappointing - I love gerwalk, it's one of the main things that gives Macross that special edge over other designs and visual story telling. It needs to be squat - strong stanced and aggressive - like a pissed off mantis or bird.

That gunpod ain't even got a nozzle.

I hope someone attempts this toy again - or better yet - with SAP in mind.

Better still, the VF-2JA :)

The reason is simple...it's never been attempted by anyone before....and perhaps never again....you need to be a fan of the design first to understand....if you value the engineering that goes into the toy more so than the "general look of the toy"...then this is probably not for you....best to wait for a better version

This makes no sense given that the toy looks pretty off from the lineart. If you were a design fan you should be let down.

That's not really how it works I'm afraid.

No matter how well it sells, there's not really any scenario where another company will pic the license up.

Adrian/Save talked about this at length when explaining Evolution toys on SpeakerPODcast.

http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-24-we-dont-need-no-landing-gear/

Just wishful thinking, man... just wishful thinking...

Who knows thou.

This makes no sense given that the toy looks pretty off from the lineart. If you were a design fan you should be let down.

It makes perfect sense.....as I said..."if you value the engineering that goes into the toy more so than the "general look of the toy"...then this is probably not for you...

In other words, it's close enough that folks who have been wanting a VF-2SS for years will be more forgiving about its flaws.....folks like yourself who are more interested in line art accuracy will just need to keep waiting.....

Its up for preorder on HLJ at 22.320 yen

http://www.hlj.com/product/evt57191

Wow, they are selling this on HJL from just CAD design images, no completed model.

Seems like they are testing the market for pre-orders.

I could see this getting cancelled if they don't get enough interest.

Check the 1st page in the thread. Not the finished model but there are prototype pics and not just CAD designs. There's also a displayed proto fighter pic somewhere in here. Looks like the same proto pics but in horrible edited colors.

Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. It seems a lot of people have been waiting for a 1/60 version for awhile.

Edited by wmkjr

As I've said before, if you want the chance of more VF-2SS toys (or Mac II toys), support and buy this.

If you don't care about ever getting any more Mac II toys, then don't buy it.

The Japanese manufacturers need to see that there is a demand for these.

As Kevin Costner said, "you pay in advance, they will come" (or something like that) :p

In the end, the number or orders talks.

I bugged Yamato for years and years to make a VF-2SS with SAP, but they always said the show was too unpopular, hardly anyone liked it or knew about it, toy wouldn't sell, etc, etc, blah blah. And also that Kawamori-San would get pissed if they made one (dunno it that was really true though).

Graham

Also, I'll say what I said a few pages back.

This VF-2SS toy from Evolution absolutely does not appear to be designed with any SAP attachment points. There's no slots, holes, pegs, tabs etc at all in evidence for connecting a SAP to.

So I sincerely doubt that Evolution is planning to release a stand-alone SAP that can attach to the VF-2SS. So all of you expecting and hoping for a SAP accessory are likely to be dissapointed.

What I think will happen is that if the toy sells well enough, Evolution will modify the tooling and release a revised version including a SAP (that may or may not be removable, depending on how ambitious they feel).

Graham