Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

If this sells well - Bandai and Arcadia might jump on it.

if not - nobody will touch it again

That's not really how it works I'm afraid.

No matter how well it sells, there's not really any scenario where another company will pic the license up.

Adrian/Save talked about this at length when explaining Evolution toys on SpeakerPODcast.

http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-24-we-dont-need-no-landing-gear/

I hope I don't regret it either. I also chose HLJ because you get good customer service and I can cancel via the user dashboard if I decide to. It is kinda strange how it looks worse in color, but I am maybe hoping for better pics later, we'll see I guess.

for those interested, ami's got the preorder up:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012829

20,500y (preorder pricing)

dec/2015 release

Seems SAP is not listed in the contents...

:touche:

Ok so it doesn't look terrible but then again it doesn't look that good either. Think im gonna give this one a miss.. or at least wait till closer to release date for better more accurate pics. These are clearly photoshopped over and don't look any better than the original prototype photos from a few months back. I was hoping that they would have cleaned it up a little by now but these photos aren't very encouraging.

HLJ is up as well.

http://hlj.com/product/EVT57191/Act

Went with HLJ for this one since the Evolution is new on making Valks. Just for safety precautions. ;)

Thanks no3ljm!

I hope I don't regret it either. I also chose HLJ because you get good customer service and I can cancel via the user dashboard if I decide to. It is kinda strange how it looks worse in color, but I am maybe hoping for better pics later, we'll see I guess.

I'll go with HLJ just for the same reasons.

Yeah, I placed my order just in case. Looking over the pics there are a lot of things to complain about right now. I am wondering if these are the final product pics though, looking at the landing gears they look like hard plastic without any sort of actual wheel. I'm not even sure if the cockpit will open up and the pilot looks unpainted in these early pics. I'm also not seeing a rotating thigh joint either and the scram jet hinges still look unsightly to me. I almost think this could have been better as a Fighter only toy, so they could get the lines right and avoid that hump on the back. At least the kite looks like the right one.

current regular japan import-shops so far for preordering:

ami 20,500y http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012829

hlj 22,320y at http://hlj.com/product/EVT57191/Act

cdj 22,320y at http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-148914 (has shipping-estimates SAL up to EMS)

Add to it if you find some others...

Edited by treatment

I feel as if these images were digitally colored by Amiami seeing as they don't appear on the product images for HLJ and CDJapan. Besides the 2 new angles, the 3 other pics are just colored versions of the prototype pics shown in the introduction. Hopefully new product images pop up for the other retailers.

Edit: Scratch that. AE just went up with those same poorly rendered images.

Edited by right_turn

Yeah, I placed my order just in case. Looking over the pics there are a lot of things to complain about right now. I am wondering if these are the final product pics though, looking at the landing gears they look like hard plastic without any sort of actual wheel. I'm not even sure if the cockpit will open up and the pilot looks unpainted in these early pics. I'm also not seeing a rotating thigh joint either and the scram jet hinges still look unsightly to me. I almost think this could have been better as a Fighter only toy, so they could get the lines right and avoid that hump on the back. At least the kite looks like the right one.

Adding my gripe to your concern list, is the apparent lack of any ankle tilt joint.

there are so many good toys out there in this price range coming this year. part of me wants to support a mac 2 product, but this looks well....still kinda amateurish. on the other hand if people don't support it, we will never see more mac 2 stuff or other mac stuff from people other than bandai or arcadia. hmmmm

If you "supported" Arcadia when they re-started the 1/60 VF line with the awful Aniversario....and then bought from them yet another set of Hikaru and Roy -1S's "pinkish edition"....then you need to support this if you can...150 USD at AE shouldn't break the bank..... :rolleyes:

I was hoping by this stage in development the criticisms and feedback would have been acknowledged to make the final a better toy than the test shots. That doesn't seem to be the case, and there are too many things about the design that don't look right to make this an easy pass. I get what many of you are saying concerning the lack of M2 stuff out there, particularly the VF-2ss and its variants, and good sales of this may be the spark necessary to draw interest, but I know I wouldn't be satisfied with it the way it is now. Good luck to those of you who do get it; I hope it's the toy for which you've been waiting the last 22 years.

Things like that pilot, the landing gear, and the odd shadows in the new fighter pic are tipping me into the Photoshop camp.

But I really want to see this succeed on some level, so it's also nice to think that they are adding to and refining the mold with December half a year away! :p Anyway, I placed my order with HLJ too.

I dont think this is the best interpretation for this valk but I glad other company joins to the macross party offering a new bird and not just repaints that usually does arcadia and bandai maybe with a little of pressure in the near future we can see valkyries they have never done before

If you "supported" Arcadia when they re-started the 1/60 VF line with the awful Aniversario....and then bought from them yet another set of Hikaru and Roy -1S's "pinkish edition"....then you need to support this if you can...150 USD at AE shouldn't break the bank..... :rolleyes:

Why, the V2 VF-1 was already an established mold that largely got things right. This, on the other hand, none of us know what the quality is but based on the proportions they're ignoring some pretty large details.