Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

This looks cool but that front landing gear angle just bugs the crap outta me! didn't bother correcting the reflection but you still get the idea!

At least you get to see the difference..

attachicon.gifpost-6180-0-65533500-1435614605_thumb (1).jpg

Actually I like this even better, hopefully Evolution Toys will adjust their landing gear to something more like this, especially the rear. I hope it's not like the MPC Alphas... because that was a total joke.

As for the UN SPACY kite, it should be the Blue version, since that's how it is in the OVA and kit. B))

Any chance the SAP will be released for this?

While many of us still have our fingers crossed for the SAP, not feeling the vibe that it will be included. But we're hoping!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

I have to ask. Do we have line-art for the VF-2SS landing gear? :)

Found one. But it's an angled drawing so it's still hard to tell. It's the VF-XS base design drawing by Kazumi Fujita before it was refined by Koichi Ohata to VF-2SS.

post-5552-0-99983400-1436204294_thumb.jpg

By the way, just to verify, is the picture posted above (the un-photoshopped one) came from the Evolution Toys 2015 New Items Exhibit in HK held last June 26-28?

Great find, Noel. I'm not the biggest fan of the VF-2SS but this line art looks great.

Yeah, very cool find, no3l! The VF-2SS looks pretty good in those sketches.

Thanks Reivaj and Abbadon. I appreciate the VF-2SS as well. It's the ONLY thing for me that I really like out of that Macross II thing. It looks like it came out from Gradius/R-Type video games. Kinda unique for Macross Valkyries. ;)

I love how that great big giant fin sticks out, right between the head lasers, making it impossible for the "turret" to swivel. And the hatch things that are shown open, are they speed brakes?

Not sure if it's speed brake. But kinda looks like it. Would be nice though if the upcoming VF-2SS will have those as a featured bonus. Hehehe. ;) But SAP would be great without the speed brake.

i will buy this...

then ill make the necessary changes, for it to look even better...

then ill make a SAP pack for it...

After you make your SAP, you can make kits for the rest of us!! :lol:

Edited by 505thAirborne

The big ass hinges of the engine nacelles remind me of the metal hip bar on the old Takatoku Chunkey Monkeys. Wouldn't it be nice if the bar is chromed in silver? ^_^

I'm still in for at least one and after listening to the most recent Macross Speaker Podcast I really hope the toy line survives long enough to release the chunk for the VF-2SS (aka SAP Packs). Who am I kidding, I'm in for the whole squad if they make it. Well maybe except for the yellow one. :p

I also want to own a Metal Siren and an Icarus but only for the novelty of it.

Edited by Scyla

If this sells well - Bandai and Arcadia might jump on it.

if not - nobody will touch it again....

So, I just bought one.

I do have other toys from evo. They are pricey, but they aren't that bad....

for those interested, ami's got the preorder up:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012829

20,500y (preorder pricing)

dec/2015 release

Seems SAP is not listed in the contents...

:touche:

Did they just photoshop in the colors in that pic? Looks the same as the pics originally posted on page 1, but with color. Doesn't even look like it was done well.

Bobby's photoshop looks a million times better!

Did they just photoshop in the colors in that pic? Looks the same as the pics originally posted on page 1, but with color. Doesn't even look like it was done well.

Bobby's photoshop looks a million times better!

Looks like some staffer at Evolution Toy used ms-paint instead.

Good thing Bobby got watermarks and stuff on his pics.

They should've just hired or paid him to do their promo pics...

landing gears look like they're made from a single piece of plastic.

Question, can anyone tell if the fingers are individually articulated?

looks like the fingers aren't individually articulated. The index finger might be though.