M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Jason, I have given it some thought and I will stick to the default colors. It will remind me of the Anime more and fit in with my Mac+ collection in a cannon way.

No worries. As long as you get what's going to make you happy, then I am. It actually makes it easier for me as well, as they are stacking up. I may need to set a limit for painted versions, but as of now, still good.

Just to confirm the last confirmed pre-orders:

-Sharon Intel for 1x 1/60 drone (+painting)

-Bolt for 2x 1/60 drones (unpainted)

-baxojay for 1x 1/72 drone (unpainted)

-Grayson72 for 1x 1/72 drone (unpainted)

The casting "Masters" have been both printed and are currently in progress of cleaning and sanding.

In the meantime, I made a grey color scheme for my "low vis" drone.

post-15880-0-52010900-1438034131_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-04501400-1438034132_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-57990100-1438034132_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-11663200-1438034133_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-67913900-1438034133_thumb.jpg

This theme is inspired by a really talented japanese Macross fan who made this VF-11C, I really like this theme.

post-15880-0-07263600-1438034297_thumb.jpg

Let me know waht you think!

Any more info on that Japanese modellers awesome paint scheme?

Edited by NZEOD

Any more info on that Jap modellers awesome paint scheme?

Please try to say Japanese. "Jap" is rather derogatory. Thanks.

For those who are getting them painted, will the finished product have any decals or stickers fitted?

Im not sure if this was previously mentioned but I don't really feel like flicking through all the pages in this thread.. (yes im lazy)

I will be working on decals (mostly based off of the Hasegawa and Yamato size decals. I have hi-res scans of them, and the decal paper is already here, so I should be getting those out with them. As to whether or not they'll be on the painted kits. normally this isn't done, as some may want variations, but I could just put the basic decals on, which is the kite symbol on. The rest would be up to each person. If I had to fully decal each one, you guys can't expect these to get to you for quite sometime.

Hi spanner76, yes, the stickers will be applied for the painted versions.

I will be working on decals (mostly based off of the Hasegawa and Yamato size decals. I have hi-res scans of them, and the decal paper is already here, so I should be getting those out with them. As to whether or not they'll be on the painted kits. normally this isn't done, as some may want variations, but I could just put the basic decals on, which is the kite symbol on. The rest would be up to each person. If I had to fully decal each one, you guys can't expect these to get to you for quite sometime.

Thanks for the heads up with this! Supplying the decals with the drone is great and im happy to apply them myself to help save you time. At least that way I can pick and chose what I want fitted. Really looking forward to getting this thing! :)

Thanks for the heads up with this! Supplying the decals with the drone is great and im happy to apply them myself to help save you time. At least that way I can pick and chose what I want fitted. Really looking forward to getting this thing! :)

Thanks, much appreciated. At worst, I may just supply them, and not add them because of that. It's looking to be a massive project on my end, and lots of work after work. Nevertheless, it should come out good. I'm hoping to get the finished prototypes Monday, but don't hold me to that. With collab efforts, things don't always go exactly as planned. I still have to set up the printer for the decals, and get sealer for those.

Hey Jason, not sure if it's been previously mentioned or not but are they going to be water slide decals or just conventional stickers?

Im not fussed either way as both are easy to apply.. at least with stickers you don't have to mess about with water.

they're going to be decals. I thought about stickers, but the time to get them, the cost, and the fact that this is a kit usually dictates that people want decals for them. It's not really too much of a big deal. Sure, it'll take some extra time, but the quality should be better.

Oh, and BTW, I believe this is the last day to pre-order? If anyone was on the fence, today is the day. I'm hoping to have the prototype pieces beginning of next week and at that time, I will post up pictures of them. They look fantastic so far.

I'll have pics of those as soon as I get them.

Edited by Jasonc

Hi guys,

As soon as Jasonc begins the molds, I will begin to collect the payments next week for the painting and shipping as follow:

-Continental USA: $14 + $3 for any additional drone via priority mail.

-International: $25 + $3 for any additional drone via 1st Class airmail with tracking.

Charger69, I got Ichijo who confirmed his order for 1x 1:72 unpainted drone if you can update 1st page ?

Important info: from now, the 1:60 drone orders are CLOSED because the molds would not support any additional casting unit we need. So anyone who would like a 1:60 drone would be put on a waiting list until we reach a confortable number to make the new molds. That would be 10 or something like that.

I think I can still take orders for 1:72 drones unpainted, but I will ask full payment from now.

Thank you all!

I'm going to be away from my computer for a week or so, just to let you know that I'm not shirking on paying the balance due! Soon as I get back, I'll pay.

Be after one 1/72 scale one unpainted to make into a Low Viz with light up engine. Will pay in full on the 17th Aug is thats ok including shipping to New Zealand.

So wings / landing gear / missile bays? Any other moving parts?

I was planning to make the front camera/eye rotating on at least 1 axis, and there is the bottom fin that needs to retract so that the X-9 can be positionned on its landing gears.

Be after one 1/72 scale one unpainted to make into a Low Viz with light up engine. Will pay in full on the 17th Aug is thats ok including shipping to New Zealand.

That should be OK, but I cannot confirm if before your payment.

Would putting the camera on a ball joint type work? That way you have 3axis of movement. You just gotta split the socket joint between the halves. One of the disadvantages I guess is that you can't get it centered perfectly and maybe durability issues over time due to wear.

Edited by wmkjr