M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

On 6/14/2017 at 8:42 AM, Jasonc said:

I'm glad they got to you in great condition. Again, any issues, let me know.

Thanks. As I said, I get a little fixated on making them look as good as possible. I know that's great for everyone here, but it's part of why some of these have taken forever. I'm still working on the clear parts and those are steady in being done.

The latest wing will probably be the last recast, because I have enough to go through more than half of the orders with what I have currently. I made sure the new wing was going to be an exceptionally smooth recast, and with that, I also painted and prepped this one myself. The prototype part is perfect. I'll be making the parts until the mold wears out, so at the end of this, there might be a couple more orders, with the exception of keeping a couple extra parts around for any mishaps from you guys. Today I pour the new wing mold base. Tomorrow the "lid" of the box.

this project nearing completion is getting exciting! Definitely looking forward to receiving mine! But yeah no rush at all mate. And thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Is there a list to the order in which folks will be getting this? Just wanna know where on the list I am. 

They are listed in order of payment. I can message you your number when I get home from work. I'm on the 4th now.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, update time. I FINISHED ALL RECAST FOR THE WINGS!!! These were very difficult due to the design and it being one piece, but in making them like that, they are quite solid and look great. I have put out several sets already to some of you, and the process continues. I have one I hope to be able to finish up today at some point, and ship out tomorrow. Then, off to the next. For those of you who have ordered unpainted kits, your kits are mostly ready, and I will be sending those out this week as well. If you have a combo of unpainted and painted, it's in queue like the rest of them. The next couple sets, I'm hoping, will be sent out fairly quick, as I've already started on painting and cleaning up the wings. I'm still recasting the clear parts, as the resin takes literally a couple days to cure enough so that it doesn't warp. Other than that, I'm more than half way done with those.

In conclusion, stuff is going out, and parts are looking good. The light at the end of the tunnel is definitely getting brighter.

8 hours ago, spanner said:

thanks for the update Jason! looking forward to receiving it! Can't wait! 

Yours is up now, so I'm finishing the final touches and assembling the parts. This week, my friend, if not next 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Mommar said:

Any idea when the rest of these will be finished?

They're all being finished one at a time now. Yours is being worked on now and almost finished.

10 hours ago, spanner said:

Got notification that mine arrived a few hours ago and is waiting for me at home! Very excited to see it! A shame I won't be home for several hours though.. 

That's great to hear. Hopefully shipping was nice to it and treated it well. If there are any issues, let me know. I have a few extra parts in case of strange circumstances.

I have 3 more going out tomorrow. I will be sending notifications out to those of you who's are about to be shipped. As I'm at work, I can't remember exactly who they belong to, but we're on the other side of the half way mark.

Edited by Jasonc

4 hours ago, Jasonc said:

That's great to hear. Hopefully shipping was nice to it and treated it well. If there are any issues, let me know. I have a few extra parts in case of strange circumstances.

I have 3 more going out tomorrow. I will be sending notifications out to those of you who's are about to be shipped. As I'm at work, I can't remember exactly who they belong to, but we're on the other side of the half way mark.

Hey Jason!

Got to inspect mine last night and I have to say it looks fantastic! Definitely worth the wait! I'll be putting in on display this weekend! I'll have to dig out some missiles for it too!

Many thanks again for making these! :D :good:

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Hey Jason!

Got to inspect mine last night and I have to say it looks fantastic! Definitely worth the wait! I'll be putting in on display this weekend! I'll have to dig out some missiles for it too!

Many thanks again for making these! :D :good:

I can't wait to see your new display arrangement and pew pew lightings in actions !

I am truly happy that it got to you in great condition, and that you're happy with it. TBH, I always, have a worry that they aren't going to be up to par with what people expect, thus, the aspect of trying to be a perfectionist. The fact that you like it gives me a big reassurance that it was a good job.

for display, you usually have a great eye for how you like to display all items. Whatever you decide to do with it, I'm sure it's going to look great with the rest of the M+ display. I can't wait to see it.

The last of the unpainted kits are done and going out tomorrow. I have Anubis up next, and his is almost done. any before on the list are going out tomorrow. Tracking numbers on the way for you guys going out tonight. Apparently, there's a shortage of the Mr. Super Clear matt that I use. I had to order some through other channels at a higher price, so hopefully my store gets more in soon. What that means, is that my finished parts are on hold until it comes in, which will be later this week. As for my primer I use, I received only half my order, so I'm not having good luck with paint at this moment. That said, I can still work with what I have there.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, anubis20 said:

Yay!! :D Got a set of HMM missiles from shapeways as well for it. 

it should look good with some missiles on it. BTW, yours is now ready, just waiting on paint to dry and it will be going out Monday (or tomorrow if I can get out of work early enough).

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

Got mine today.  Everything looks great. Easy build. Good job JasonC. Your work is fantastic and you are a gentleman. 

CHEERS!

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm glad you like the kit. it is really easy to build, and if you have any questions, just shoot me a pm.

For the remainder of you still waiting, I am finishing up the last ones. there should be 3 more I'm working on and they are all being worked on at the same time. Amongst them is a custom paint one, but that order is not counted amongst the rest of you. These hopefully will be finished next week, if not this weekend. that's how close I am to finishing them. Again, as I finish them, I'll be sending them out and providing tracking numbers through pm.  Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, Jasonc said:

it should look good with some missiles on it. BTW, yours is now ready, just waiting on paint to dry and it will be going out Monday (or tomorrow if I can get out of work early enough).

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm glad you like the kit. it is really easy to build, and if you have any questions, just shoot me a pm.

For the remainder of you still waiting, I am finishing up the last ones. there should be 3 more I'm working on and they are all being worked on at the same time. Amongst them is a custom paint one, but that order is not counted amongst the rest of you. These hopefully will be finished next week, if not this weekend. that's how close I am to finishing them. Again, as I finish them, I'll be sending them out and providing tracking numbers through pm.  Thanks guys.

Thanks Jason!! ^_^^_^

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:16 AM, Mommar said:

Hey Jason, do you have any recommendations how to reduce gaps when assembling/gluing the kit together?

In general, I use Mr. Putty white. It's probably the best filler I've ever worked with, but it may require some sanding and then repainting. Sometimes, If I need to just fill in a simple glue line, I will glue it with putty at the junction, and when it all cures, you'll be left with the welded piece that only needs to be properly sanded. what area are you referring to specifically?

3 more to go, and I am working on 2 of them at the same time. These should be done by Friday, as I decided to take a day off to get those done. XigFrid, one of yours is being worked on now. The custom one will start soon.

Ok so it took my a little while to get round to it but I finally assembled my drone fighter!

I couldn't find where I put the missiles from the Arcadia YF-19 so I used some missiles from the VF-1 instead. I think it looks pretty cool still!

I also used some stickers from my VF-0D as I just couldn't get the included water slide decals to work properly.. 

IMG_20170825_092736.jpg