M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Is there a stand for this, Xigfrid? or some sort of attachment? There is a section on the kit for it, but will this work with the Yamato stands?

I've done about 17 of the intake housing pieces so far, and should have another two or 3 done tonight. Next up after these are done are primer coats, and I start sanding the "cockpit" section, or main body.

Is there a stand for this, Xigfrid? or some sort of attachment? There is a section on the kit for it, but will this work with the Yamato stands?

I've done about 17 of the intake housing pieces so far, and should have another two or 3 done tonight. Next up after these are done are primer coats, and I start sanding the "cockpit" section, or main body.

Yes, and it cilps on the reactor bottom, using the lateral/bottom flaps also. It works with Yamato's attachments as I always do (when possible)! Here: http://shpws.me/HN78

Keep the hard work!

post-15880-0-06985300-1473236754_thumb.png

They're designed to fit out of the box, but because of paint and whatnot, they may need a small bit of clearing to get them to fit. If you have really small drill bits, that's the best way to clear it and make sure it fits snug and securely. If it ends up being a little too wide, I would suggest some nail polish or super glue to tighten it up again.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe they're just white, or maybe an off-white. I may just go with a matte white, for a more detailed look.

On the updates, I got a new engine piece to work with, as the previous one wasn't that great. I make them work, but it's too much work for an easy piece, so that will be recasted starting today. Aside from that, I'm cleaning up all the parts still. I'm happy with how they're turning out, and focusing on cleanup really helps me focus on the parts and certain things to look out for. engine housing parts are done, and I'm now focusing on tail pieces. These are pretty easy, considering I was able to create a good recast. Next up is the main body of it all. These are mostly ready to go already. I just need to clean up a few minor trouble spots. This month is a little slower than I wanted. My year hasn't been great with losing friends and family, so I'm going to another memorial service this weekend, but I should be able to do a little bit of work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will try to get pictures today. I've started the priming and cleaning up of some parts, as well as continually cleaning other sets of parts. I had issues with two of the molds that were made (premature degrading of the mold as well as drying out) so I have two small pieces to redo and I have literally 10 pieces to finish. That's not an issue though, and the next molds will be more than adequate to finish the job. I've been cleaning the forward main body up, so those are going well. I'm thinking of going to try Mr. Putty (I think that's what it's called) to fill in seems between the halves of parts. I can thin it out, and get really good usage out of it. Now, it will take a bit of extra time, but the end result can be having a more seamless kit without the lines in between.

If everyone is cool with that, I can at least see if it's not going to add a mountain of time. I know it's taking forever, and I do apologize for that. It hasn't been the best year, but I am always doing something with this project. I'll post up something tonight. I also was the asst. director for Macrossworld con this year, so a lot of time had to be devoted to that. Now that it's finished, I can go back to going hardcore on this.

I will try to get pictures today. I've started the priming and cleaning up of some parts, as well as continually cleaning other sets of parts. I had issues with two of the molds that were made (premature degrading of the mold as well as drying out) so I have two small pieces to redo and I have literally 10 pieces to finish. That's not an issue though, and the next molds will be more than adequate to finish the job. I've been cleaning the forward main body up, so those are going well. I'm thinking of going to try Mr. Putty (I think that's what it's called) to fill in seems between the halves of parts. I can thin it out, and get really good usage out of it. Now, it will take a bit of extra time, but the end result can be having a more seamless kit without the lines in between.

If everyone is cool with that, I can at least see if it's not going to add a mountain of time. I know it's taking forever, and I do apologize for that. It hasn't been the best year, but I am always doing something with this project. I'll post up something tonight. I also was the asst. director for Macrossworld con this year, so a lot of time had to be devoted to that. Now that it's finished, I can go back to going hardcore on this.

all good! you're the boss! B))

Was that a drone sample at the MWcon?

it did look pretty bloody good didn't it! :good:

It was the drone on display. Sorry I couldn't take pics last night. The wife scheduled a dinner with her father last night, so my time for pics didn't happen. I'll get some today for certain. I have nothing but time when I get off work in 15 minutes, LOL.

Ok, here's a quick picture. Not too much to look at, but the white primer is song to be sanded, rgen painted again on the inside. Once that is done, but I plan to do is fill up the intake part of it and then primer the outside and a different color so that once I buy the orange the white will be separated from the outside of the hull. Aside from this, I am currently standing the left and right side forward part of the main body. Those don't look any different than they were before even though they are being cleaned and sanded.

post-582-0-44506300-1477012557_thumb.jpg

Ok, this isn't so much of an update, but I'm working on both the camera housing and the main body.the larger parts are a bit of work due to the seams and crevasses but the housing parts finish up at 3x the speed.I've applied primer to the inside of the other parts, and now require masking for the outside. There are some parts that I missed in filling, but the primer was able to expose those.more oF this is done, just not pictured. Work continues.post-582-0-40391600-1477411387_thumb.jpg

Shapeways has some if you don't have the one from Arcadia YF-19.

Now we just need a source of HMMs for the 1/72 Drone JasonC made first

Edited by NZEOD

Xigfrid, if you do, since you have the pylons already on the wing, your versions will just be the HMMs themselves, right? From another fan made set I have of them, they do work best in the FUD only because of the design look and the need for the mini detail they have in panel lines. Either way, if you make a set like that, I'll be ready for them. B))

They come in 2 flavors:

-a 6 Pack for your drone fighter (https://www.shapeways.com/product/AJVGU35ST)

-single HMM if you need more of if your need it for another project such as Hasegawa YF-19 (https://www.shapeways.com/product/YAK9KEX6Y)

I designed them to be 55mm long, that fit 1:72 scale. I will compare these to the ones that come with Arcadia's YF-19, but to be honest I feel Arcadia's are a bit too small to be 1:60 scale.

post-15880-0-99882400-1477583160_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-06820700-1477583165_thumb.jpg

Just checked the Arcadia's and their body is 57mm x 11mm (without the wings). Mine in 1:72 are pretty much the same with these dimensions: 55mm x 10mm.

If I compare to Kurisama's 1:60 HMMs (approx 66mm long as 1:60), they are consistent with mine.

I made the 1:60 ones also. I will need to test them next order...

post-15880-0-88816900-1477593152_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-65576300-1477593153_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-37653200-1477593154_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in, I know it's the long haul and you guys are working through the orders. Mind if I get an update on the painted 1/60 I ordered? I can use this post to brag that I finally got my hands on a 1/60 VF-11B and the Drone Fighter will fill in my M+ shelf perfectly. Thanks again