M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

So have all the 1/72 been shipped out? I haven't received shipment or notice.

They're all boxed up now and I am going to start label printing tomorrow. Yours is on the list, but if you have a 1/60 with a 1/72, if you want it sent separately, let me know and I can do that (I'll need to discuss separate shipping though). If you are just waiting on a 1/72, they'll go out on Wednesday though, as I don't get out early enough to print and take to the post office. They're all done now, so the next day or two will wrap them all up.

I was hoping to get them done before the weekend, but I've been running myself thin. I was out of town this weekend, so that didn't help. They're done though, so yay!!! :D

Edited by Jasonc

OK, last domestic will go out tomorrow. For you guys out of the country. I'll provide your tracking tomorrow. I have to take them to the post office to get them done. The rest have received tracking info via pm. If you are in the U.S., and haven't received it, PM me.

Hey Jason,

Is that for the 1/72 kits & builds? any movement on the 1/60's?

I'm working on 1/60 parts now, full time. This weekend, I'll be heading out to get new resin for the 1/60s and using up what's left of what I have. In order to quality control these parts, I'm trying to stick to recasting sections at a time. For example, the intake parts and the engine part, along with the tail are being worked on now. This way, I can gauge when (or even if) the mold will need to be redone. When those numbers are done, I can move onto the wing, hook, and other smaller parts, until they're all done. This will also help in the painting process for those requesting painted versions, so that I can assembly line the parts. So far, the parts are looking very clean. The only thing I can see, is that the wing, due mostly to the 3D printer used, will require a little heating to get the wing in a perfectly straight form. Not too difficult, but I tried twice to recast it, and the bend is in the wing. I can't fix the original, as it's painted and won't move, but resin will. This part may take awhile longer while I'm painting those, but I'll get those done. Luckily, I have 1 1/2 week vacation coming up in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm looking to get all parts done by the end of that.

I've been talking to Xigfried, and as far as those who have 1/60 kits that are to be painted, the intake doesn't show the fan inside very well. I plan to paint it an aluminum type of color, but an option would be to paint the inside where the fan is, a flat white. Do you guys want that, or would you rather keep it orange, or another color? I have a grey, but again, it's not going to show that, if that's even important.

Edited by Jasonc

Make it realistic and that would be the Flat white. They do it to assess damage and potential FOD hazards. Painting the Impeller blades in Titanium will give it a slight gold tinge that will contrast it well and still look the part.

BTW Jas, I wouldnt expect the intake WOULD know the fans inside... its just an intake after all... Long day huh?

053115Dead-Tired.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

Make it realistic and that would be the Flat white. They do it to assess damage and potential FOD hazards. Painting the Impeller blades in Titanium will give it a slight gold tinge that will contrast it well and still look the part.

BTW Jas, I wouldnt expect the intake WOULD know the fans inside... its just an intake after all... Long day huh?

LOL, yeah. It meant to read show. Trying to multi-task police reports, answering questions, type here, and still tired as can be, does not make great writing composition. The other color in question was going to be titanium, so I'll test the two out and see how that comes out.

Jason can you show the part in question? If I am correct you are asking our thoughts on the inner section that houses the turbine fan and the fan itself correct? If so, I think the flat white might look good, but as far as the turbine fan goes not sure if the titanium or a silver color would look best.

Ti with a Black wash and Silver dry brush would contrast pretty good.

Edited by NZEOD

Jason can you show the part in question? If I am correct you are asking our thoughts on the inner section that houses the turbine fan and the fan itself correct? If so, I think the flat white might look good, but as far as the turbine fan goes not sure if the titanium or a silver color would look best.

You are correct. turbine and thrust section part is being recasted in black already, so it may only be a matter of painting, then doing a small bit of weathering to give it a bit of a realistic look. I don't want to do it in a straight titanium, aluminum, or even steel. I'll figure the best for that. I'm more thinking of the inside of the walls that will house that part. I think a flat white would be good, but of course, I'll sample the possibilities when that happens. As of now, I only have about 4 pairs of those done, and I need to do A LOT more. I'll update you guys still, but as of now, your input on this is appreciated, as you guys are getting them. While I am painting these, I am doing about 25 or so. Therefore, I'll do my best to give some detail, but understand that I do need to fix all parts as well. I honestly don't even remember if you guys wanted to put on decals, or if you'd like me to.

I personally had asked that you apply the decals because I dont trust myself to do a good enough job. Hell I don't even sticker up my Yamato or Arcadia valks :lol:

I remember, but I do need to get a general consensus. There aren't a lot of decals from line art anyways, but if I'm going to put them on, I'm not going to use all the ones provided, as each person is going to have different preferences. It would be, if anything, just basic decals.

Here it is. Not a bad kit. Very light weight. I first thought I was accidentally sent an empty box! Be careful with the main wing. It is very thin, and will take a lot of care while prepping.

This is the 1/72 scale version, unpainted.

post-12411-0-75037800-1461242047_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-75267800-1461242049_thumb.jpg

Hey Jason,

Its been a couple of weeks since your last update and was curious to hear how things are going with the 1:60 kits..? Looking forward to any news!

I have roughtly 12 sets of the rear assemblies recasted, which is the tail fin piece, the rear black part of that, the engine harness pieces, engine parts, wing hook, and starting to catch up on the camera harness in black, and the camera cover (cockpit). While doing those, I do need to make a new mold of the main body that the camera and wing are mounted on, as well as the wing. Those parts have already began taking shape to be recasted. I also just finished casting the barrel for the gun. I have a total of 25 to make, I believe, so it's going well so far. Still trying to do this in sections while prepping the rest so that I can just transition into doing other pieces as the ones I'm recasting now are getting done. I'm also trying to find a good orange to use on this for paint. Too warm of an orange, and it stands out too much. A cooler orange makes it look pale.

Aside from all that, I'm really happy with the way the recasts are coming. for those that I'm painting, I shouldn't need too much work on them to prep them for painting. I will need to deepen the panels a bit, as the prep work for recasting (which I didn't do) was real heavy on the paint, and took a lot of detail out of some parts. Sorry for the delay in updates. I haven't been on here as much, but I am keeping up with the project in the garage. I have a staycation coming up for 1 1/2 weeks starting next Wednesday, so I'll be working on getting a lot done then.

All sounds good! Thanks for the update Jason! :)

Definitely welcome.

I forgot to add that for those (I think 2) that ordered these unpainted, your's will probably go out within the next few weeks, as I have no reason to hold onto them like the painted versions. I'll recast a few more parts tonight, and tomorrow, hopefully will have the new molds ready to make. Those take about 7 hours (45 mins. pot life + 6 hours to fully cure) each, so I hope to have those done this weekend, unless I need more of the mold rubber. Man, this'll be 3 gallons already. Anyways, I'll try to set up pics either tonight or sometime during my work over the weekend.

Hi Jasonc!

Thank you for the update. About the orange, I used the TS-12 from Tamiya it looks good, but if you find another more accurate to the "training orange", that would be even better! And yes there are 25 drones for the 1:60 scale, including 2 unpainted for the same guy (Bolt ;))

I didn't realize how much of the drones were ordered painted.

Yep. I really have my work cut out for me. In other news, here's just a small picture of the assembly process I am doing while recasting the parts. As you can see it takes a while, and with only a two and a half gallon pressure tank, it does take awhile to get them all done. I will need another gallon of the rubber mold, and that should be all that I need for this. Anyways, without further Ado, here is a pic of what I described. Sorry for the picture size and for the rest of the mess you see in the picture. I am using my cell phone.

post-582-0-08561700-1462142645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

Mine, the last of the 1/72s, showed up in NZ today. Thanks Jason. Did you make your own Decals? If so, any chance I can have a copy of the graphic file? Assuming its a Vector format. I have a way of making them even more detailed so will reprint my own.