TV SDF-1 Macross 1/1600

Nyankodevice

On 5/28/2022 at 8:50 PM, Mommar said:

Oh shoot, the Man, the Myth, the Legend returns!

lol. hey Mommar

On 5/28/2022 at 8:52 PM, Mommar said:

So these two things are your own designs?  The bigger one is a really incredible design.

yeah they are made from various parts from different sets.. xD

Update!

SDF-1  greeblies part 1

image.png.f1096d592d299854e8c18a0fdd1d958c.png

Edited by Nyankodevice

On 5/29/2022 at 11:54 PM, Nyankodevice said:

yeah they are made from various parts from different sets.. xD

Mega Macross-Bash!  Looks like a VF-2SS with a bunch of other stuff.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:54 PM, Nyankodevice said:

Update!

SDF-1  greeblies part 1

Great job with the hard surface modeling designs.  Do you like this CAD software you are using?  

2 hours ago, arbit said:

Mega Macross-Bash!  Looks like a VF-2SS with a bunch of other stuff.

Great job with the hard surface modeling designs.  Do you like this CAD software you are using?  

it is a VF-2SS, well the front of it anyway xD

the software is TinkerCad and i find the software a bit clunky to use, but as long as it is mechanical parts i need and not organic shapes,

its fine i guess. its actually easy to make parts for macross in tinkercad, because of the philosofy behind the original macross designs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Nyankodevice changed the title to TV SDF-1 Macross 1/1600
  • 1 month later...

A greatly detailed little city scape! I like it.

I always thought the city was in the center body, esp with the scenes during transformation. Being below the 'knees' puts it in a place that looks pretty stable. But then, if the city continues into both legs then there could be a central district that would span a lot of moving area in between.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

A greatly detailed little city scape! I like it.

I always thought the city was in the center body, esp with the scenes during transformation. Being below the 'knees' puts it in a place that looks pretty stable. But then, if the city continues into both legs then there could be a central district that would span a lot of moving area in between.

See......that's what I always thought too!!! City was in the center section of the ship with parts that perhaps extended into the legs that we were never shown in the original show. 

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

See......that's what I always thought too!!! City was in the center section of the ship with parts that perhaps extended into the legs that we were never shown in the original show. 

It’s very confusing trying to figure these things out from the anime magic going on. I always thought chest as well. Watching the episode with Max and his future wife fighting in the hospital, it’s not even clear how they enter and yet when they exit there is a large amount of overhead that has a large door that opens directly above them . I always figured that may have been on one side of the chest. I guess I should know by now not to trust anything in the anime.

is there a reference as to how the city looked after transforming, since the buildings would have been sideways if they never moved. I know it shows things shuffle about during the transformation, but it’s been a while and didn’t realize how much of the city would have to be reoriented. I kinda thought only a few buildings, but if they’re all in the legs then it would probably be every building 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:23 AM, Big s said:

is there a reference as to how the city looked after transforming, since the buildings would have been sideways if they never moved.

420077551_prometheusapproach.jpeg.7e5231ae5b86f0d0525eb704914688c3.jpeg

While in space, pilots could drive from the city directly onto the Prometheus hangar deck, as depicted more than once in the series.  This suggests that artificial gravity would have accounted for whatever reorientation the city experienced due to transformation...

...although how the city survived Mars gravity (having landed in "cruiser" mode) AND later Earth gravity (having landed in "Attacker" mode) suggests that neither writers nor animators gave much thought to where the city was actually located within the ship. 😒

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, arbit said:

Whoaaaa looking good.   Which line art are you using for the city, or are you making it up as you go?

Thx... Making it up as I go xD

On 7/25/2022 at 7:26 PM, derex3592 said:

As I understand it, the center of the ship is the military base and factories

• 9 months later...