I just re-watched that episode the other day. A really good episode, especially for humanizing Picard. It was also my first exposure to Famke Jansen, who just nailed it. You could tell she was going to be a big star and she certainly did become just that. And damn, did she age VERY well.

I also thought she was a lot of fun as Xenia Onnatop. "No more foreplay!" lol...

Her performance as Xenia was amazing. You could tell Famke was having so much fun playing that character :)

I've always enjoyed Janssen's performances, whether it was Kamala on Trek, Xenia in Bond, Grey in X-Men. or Moore from Nip/Tuck. Famke has never disappointed. She's like Ethan Hawke, Allison Pill, Keith David, or Margo Martindale; just one of those really solid working character actors that you can always rely upon for a believable performance with nuance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the TNG two-parter "Birthright" recently where Bashir meets Data and Worf goes to a prison camp, does anyone know between what episodes of DS9 is this supposed to occur?

Can't say exactly, due to a lack of stardates given in DS9. Somewhere between Q-Less (Season 1, episode 7) and The Storyteller (Season 1, episode 14).

• 2 weeks later...

I love that sequence

"Don't patronize me, sir. I invented physics. The day that apple fell on my head, was the most momentus day in the history of science."

"That story is generally considered to be apocryphal."

"What? How dare you!"

LOL :)