Sarah Brightman, a possible Minmay prototype, to sing in space

Saruta

Sarah Brightman is training to go to space and sing there: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-31827513

A singer in space is cool enough for a Macross fan, but what makes this really special is that she is, as it seems to be, likely one of the prototypes for Minmay herself. In 1978, she sang "I lost my heart to a starship trooper" - the name sounds pretty familiar... It was still pretty new by 1982, so I'd say whoever wrote the Macross song was likely to have heard this one.

The style might be a bit familiar too, but thats because 1978 and 1982 are not that far apart. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Tkx6BgRFE

> The style might be a bit familiar too, but thats because 1978 and 1982 are not that far apart. Here it is:

It might only be 4 years but it is FAR FAR FAR apart!!! (Disco, blech!)

That was the most relieving part about Macross being completely fictional: Disco never came back.

I hate to break this to all of you disco haters but all of this modern Idol music with their 4x4 beats and electronics is all taken from Disco. It's just over-produced with computers now, but it's disco. So Sheryl and Ranka suck too!

I hate to break this to all of you disco haters but all of this modern Idol music with their 4x4 beats and electronics is all taken from Disco. It's just over-produced with computers now, but it's disco. So Sheryl and Ranka suck too!

ROTFLMAO

Send her into space and hope the Zentradi fleet won't hear her song. What would worry me is if she did it in a green and white polka dot dress.

• 2 weeks later...

Pfft. Col. Chris Hadfield not only sung in space but he made a music video as well.

According to NASA, that cost tax payers about 50 million dollars just to get guitar strings that'll stay in tune in 0 g. :p