What is your Most Favored toy in your collection?

Valkyrie Driver

I echo some of the other sentiments, I love my whole collection. I think I'd be hard pressed to choose a single example from my collection to save. Their's something to love about each example in my collection.

I lusted after the YF-19 for so long and was so delighted to finally get my hands on the Arcadia version but if the house was burning down it'd be Max VF-1J I'd grab.

That's the way I like to think about it. Of course we cherish our entire collection, but push comes to shove and death is on the line which ONE item do you save?

dang, this got me thinking about a valk bug out bag, or a secondary off-site storage facility! XD

getting a 1/60 low vis roy soon! defo my last non-PO valk for the year and new king of my valk hill. ;)

Can't decide between this one or the VF-19P. 19P for looks, but this one has the built-in shoulder speakers, plus the sound booster option, so in the end as a toy it is pretty much perfect and so much fun. I transform it several times a week, while most of my other valks are just left on display these days!

post-1318-0-70830100-1426469071_thumb.jpg

1. 1/60 V2 Elint Seeker. I just love the look of it, and the colors.

2. Non-Macross: SOC Big-O. I loved this show when it came out and it's one of the first toys I bought when I started collecting a few years back.

Guest davidwhangchoi

if the house was burning down it'd be Max VF-1J I'd grab.

if the house was burning i'd grab my vf-4g and the sdf-1 1/3000 and then the vf-x and then the vf-1s 30th dyrl roys and then the vf-1d w/ option parts and then the max vf-1s weatherings and then the kaki weathering, and then the 25s ozma. if i had any 171 cf i'd leave them to burn.

Can't decide between this one or the VF-19P. 19P for looks, but this one has the built-in shoulder speakers, plus the sound booster option, so in the end as a toy it is pretty much perfect and so much fun. I transform it several times a week, while most of my other valks are just left on display these days!

Love em both! if I had to choose one it'd definitely be the P! The sound booster thing for Basara's 19 looks kinda silly..

if the house was burning i'd grab my vf-4g and the sdf-1 1/3000 and then the vf-x and then the vf-1s 30th dyrl roys and then the vf-1d w/ option parts and then the max vf-1s weatherings and then the kaki weathering, and then the 25s ozma. if i had any 171 cf i'd leave them to burn.

LOL - maybe you could fill the CFs with baking soda and vinegar and use them like old timey fire fighting grenades. Throw them at the fire hoping the chemical reaction will put it out. Note their valiant sacrifice, and hope Bandai does them a better v2!

You know, at first, I hated my DX VF-171, but It's kinda grown on me. THe transformation is a bit fiddly, but now that I've done it 2 or three times, it's not so bad. I do Believe that I have a DX renewal VF-25 waiting to be picked up at home. I'm at my parent's house for spring break... GAH, I can't wait.

From Macross? The 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S from DYRL by Yamato.

I don't consider these high end models toys though. Back when I was a kid you played with toys and barely had them setup for display.

Edited by JetJockey

The first edition of Yamato 1/60 VF-1, not perfect but prefer it over version 2.

Really you prefer the v1 over the v2? hmmm each to their own of course but I do still find this quite intriguing! What is it that you prefer about them? When I had my lot of v1 years ago and long before the v2 hit the scene yes they were ok initially but i soon grew to dislike them. Their odd proportions, poor build quality and shonky transformation were just too much to handle for me..

Edited by spanner76

The first edition of Yamato 1/60 VF-1, not perfect but prefer it over version 2.

Thank you. Now i know i am not the only one out there. I was never able to replace my VF-1 TV version with the V.2. Especially the VF-1J Hikaru. In battroid mode it still looks great. What i like more of the V.1 compared to the V2. are basically three things:

1. In battroid mode they look much more like, well, a robot rather than a humanoid.

2. Panel lines are too shallow in the V.2(Although still acceptable).

3. I like some metal in my toys.

I do have to say though that the V.2 from dyrl are really good especially with the FP and especially the weathering version. Those are just beautiful.