What is your Most Favored toy in your collection?

Valkyrie Driver

So we have a least favorite thread, I thought I'd kick of a most favorite thread.

I'll go first, as of this afternoon, my yamato VF-19F.

post-10028-0-66957100-1426197235_thumb.jpg

post-10028-0-05720500-1426197247_thumb.jpg

post-10028-0-51386700-1426197264_thumb.jpg

The joints are nice and stiff, the transformations lock in place, it's infinitely playable. I love it. It's line art compliant, and looks good without the anime magic pieces.

So what's your favorite?

Macross-wise, same as Yeti. Arcadia's YF-19. Along with Yamato's Fold Booster accessory.

Non-Macross, it's a tie between Beagle's Mospeada Bikes and Hot Toys Batman '89 & Iron Man MKVI.

^_^

Edited by no3ljm

this is such a hard question to answer... much harder than what I like the least.

of my macross toys it's a three-way tie between the DX VF-25F renewal, the YF-30, and the arcadia YF-19 each for different reasons. The VF-25F is my favorite valk design, the YF-19 is the design I've wanted a good toy of the longest, and the YF-30 is the most fun to play with.

Including non-macross stuff... I think Native's gamer girl figure and Orchid Seed's Satan figure are winning out over everything else right now. giggity.

This ones hard...hmm...if SHTF, I've narrowed down to one of the following: DYRL Roy 1S, Arcadia YF-19, VF-4, or Roy 1S Low Viz. I'm leaning on the low viz if everything blew up tomorrow! Hell, I might go down with the ship :)

Edited by xrentonx

Yamato VF-1J V1

I don't know exactly what it is about it but out of all of my valks thats the one I would not be willing to part with. In battroid it is just super sexy and hits all the right notes for me.

Second right now would be a tie between the VF-25 Prophecy and the YF-30.

I own valks from several lines, including Yamato, Arcadia, Bandai Hi-Metals, and Bandai DX Chogokins, but I'm going to have to pick my 1/55 Bandai Super VF-1S. The old yellow and black VF-1S is a classic for a reason. And while the Yamato 1/60 v2 is definitely a superior toy, there's a lot of play value in the 1/55 despite its comparative simplicity. It also doesn't hurt that breaking something on it is pretty much a non-issue.

I also totally admit there's a heavy nostalgia factor there. I had a Jetfire toy as a kid, but when I discovered Macross (via R*b*t*ch) and learned that Jetfire was in fact based on Skull Leader, for some reason I felt cheated -- like the toy I had wasn't the "real thing". A real Takatoku VF-1S would have been hard to come by in the states in those days, but I made do by repainting my Jetfire in Skull Leader colors. Now that I have the genuine article, I feel like I've finally fulfilled one small part of my childhood fantasies.

If we're talking just Macross, we already have a thread for that: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35835&hl=.

Expanding the question to my whole collections, it's still these two custom bastards (because of the extra effort and detail put into them):

gallery_3595_265_212092.jpg

. . . . But I'd be lying if I didn't say this big burly back-up "booster" wasn't up there too:

post-3595-0-78211900-1426221462_thumb.jpg

post-3595-0-54461800-1426221490_thumb.jpg

Just realize that the blue Beta and blue Alpha are the only two mechas that I actually doubled up on. I had to display one set in combined fighter mode and another set in their separate battloid modes.

If we're talking just Macross, we already have a thread for that: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35835&hl=.

Expanding the question to my whole collections, it's still these two custom bastards (because of the extra effort and detail put into them):

Ok... I'm getting a second Gamlin 22 to do this with... that looks insane!

My fav would have to be my VB-6 SP

P1040461

The answer hasn't changed after 11 years

I was a broke Exchange Student in Japan and spent 3/4 of my months' food budget on a Low Viz V1. (14,800 yen wasn't a bad price though)

NO Regrets. I was too fat anyways.

*on a side note, anyone else done the "Macross Diet" ? teheheheh

post-25-0-96707400-1426260428_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

oooo good topic. tough one. i can say its likely one of these

macross wise...v2 1/60 vf-1j grey goggles with the GBP-1S (because vf-1j is my fav valk most days and why not have teh gbp option!), v2 vf-1-d, 1/48 stealth vf-1j, 1/48 roy dyrl with strike packs, yamato sdf-1......yeah SDFM/DYRL is still my jam. lol renewal vf-25s ozma with heavy armor is up there too though....as is 25G super

non macross wise...i love optimus and mp-10 is pretty nice. boring answer i know.

I was a broke Exchange Student in Japan and spent 3/4 of my months' food budget on a Low Viz V1.

i sooo had a chance to buy that for not that much money (retial or slightly less) and totally regret not! i do wish arcadia would do that deco on a vf-1.

vf-1s 1/60 roy and vf-x :)

sdfm or dyrl?

Guest davidwhangchoi

oooo good topic. tough one. i can say its likely one of these

macross wise...v2 1/60 vf-1j grey goggles with the GBP-1S (because vf-1j is my fav valk most days and why not have teh gbp option!), v2 vf-1-d, 1/48 stealth vf-1j, 1/48 roy dyrl with strike packs, yamato sdf-1......yeah SDFM/DYRL is still my jam. lol renewal vf-25s ozma with heavy armor is up there too though....as is 25G super

non macross wise...i love optimus and mp-10 is pretty nice. boring answer i know.

i sooo had a chance to buy that for not that much money (retial or slightly less) and totally regret not! i do wish arcadia would do that deco on a vf-1.

sdfm or dyrl?

dyrl, love the strike packs.

Whats insane is that that 22 is actually standing! No idea how Mogu manage that!

Actually, I have to point out that the custom is NOT a 22.

Not with those FAST packs, that battroid head, and those external gunpods.

And add me to the folks that never had an issue making the YF-21 stand.

gallery_3595_72_121009.jpg

I will have to go with this...well, Minmei is optional but it adds a great feeling to the model. I have been wanting to display something like this for decades i guess. A dream that comes true. There is a tiny detail that i changed on the model, really subtle but for me it made a huge difference. Can you guys spot it?(i am sure you can ;) )

post-5086-0-05399200-1426278402_thumb.jpg

This.

Ym5Q0QSm.jpg

All my dozen VF-22S can also stand in battroid mode. Just make sure the surface is not super slippery.

I love my YF-21 and 22's. My most favorite design. Next up would be the VF-4 though.

Still waiting for a Hasegawa 1/48 kit though. Would be awesome to have so I could customize to my hearts desire.

if i could only keep one. it would be this.

she's a true beauty thats for sure! I think I will definitely apply the skull squadron decals at some stage too! They look great! Besides we never saw a VF-4 as a CF version as far as I remember.. oh and your tail fins are sticking out.. just say'n. ;)

Yamato VF-1J V1

I don't know exactly what it is about it but out of all of my valks thats the one I would not be willing to part with. In battroid it is just super sexy and hits all the right notes for me.

Second right now would be a tie between the VF-25 Prophecy and the YF-30.

Im surprised and impressed to see a v.1 on the list! It must have some strong sentimental value attached to it.. Personally I am glad I let all mine go but each to their own I guess! :D

. . . . But I'd be lying if I didn't say this big burly back-up "booster" wasn't up there too:

attachicon.gifBeta Combo (Backside).jpg

attachicon.gifAlpha-Beta.jpg

Just realize that the blue Beta and blue Alpha are the only two mechas that I actually doubled up on. I had to display one set in combined fighter mode and another set in their separate battloid modes.

I have to say those two customs look great! It would have been nice to see other color schemes on the 21 & 22 especially a CF variant..

This.

Ym5Q0QSm.jpg

All my dozen VF-22S can also stand in battroid mode. Just make sure the surface is not super slippery.

Definitely the best of the 21 & 22 lot for sure! And that's a great photo too! looks super sleek! B))

I was a broke Exchange Student in Japan and spent 3/4 of my months' food budget on a Low Viz V1. (14,800 yen wasn't a bad price though)

I guess its like owning a good car that does everything you want and need and does it well and gives you the satisfaction you expect! :)

Love the paint scheme too! simple but extremely effective! I really think more VF-1 should have been based around colors like this.

Looks tops! B))

my only real beef with the 21 & 22, the 22 in particular is the cockpit canopy.. it could have been made to look a little more conventional. The 21 was a prototype testing new and advanced technologies so its odd canopy design is excusable and to be honest I rather like it but the 22 just looks like an after thought.. should have been more like in this picture.

post-21335-0-82284100-1426281067_thumb.gif

my only real beef with the 21 & 22, the 22 in particular is the cockpit canopy.. it could have been made to look a little more conventional. The 21 was a prototype testing new and advanced technologies so its odd canopy design is excusable and to be honest I rather like it but the 22 just looks like an after thought.. should have been more like in this picture.

attachicon.gifyf-21.gif

I agree and would be over the moon if they made one with this canopy. However I do like both the 21's(to illustrate brainwave tech) and the 22(to show the zentradi design lineage). Well that's how I would interpret it anyway.

I like my new VF-171EX, the transformation is a bit fiddly, but that's ok, it's an exercise in patience, and I find that it keeps my mind occupied. I love the lines, and it's easy to play with like my VF-19F, so I'm really cool with it. Not my favorite, but I'll say second after my Y/VF-19's.