Least favorite piece in your collection?

auberondreaming

Least favorite, i will personally classify it as the worst.

Whoever made this cast is drunk or haven't watched the mac series. Her dress is even worst!

*Minmay "Doll" Pic*

sadly, it could be worse...

It could be Hikaru with an afro! (well Rick in this instance)

RICK.JPG

Least fav - The CF-171, mainly due to the QA, but I still love the design and I have one that's not broken.

My eternal fav is still the YF-21/22 mold. Still the best designed valk by Kawamori thus far in my opinion, really sexy in all angles. If Arcadia ever releases a refresh I will be a poor man indeed.

I treat my valks like overproduced models though, and not really toys. Having said that I regularly swoosh them around and have probably extended the landing gears of all my valks about twenty times the frequency of my transforming them. -_-

The release of the 27 renewal wasn't terrible but it was very disappointing I guess. At this point we all know Bandai could do better and what they gave us was (and I hate to use the term)...lazy :(

More panel lines and detail or something would've gone a long way with me. Up close it looks so plain despite the tampo. Since it's the only option you should get it if you really like the 27 though (temper your expectations and you'll be OK). I just wish Bandai spent the time and did a proper renewal.

I think that's why I like the 27. I only picked it up last year and new what the issues with it were so it didn't disappoint me.

YF-19 Double Nuts for me. If it weren't for the paint scheme I would get rid of it. It was a disappointment in feel, fit and shape from the moment I touched it inside the packaging. The plastic feels cheaper than the old exploding Zero's do.

I think everything has its own charm in some respect, so I rarely sell anything, if ever. My least favorite, though, is any of the Bandai DX offerings that I own. I have the VF-25G Michel v.1, the VF-27 Green one (v1), and a VF-171EX. Well, they're all terribly loose. Especially the 27, it's just a floppy mess. Once it just toppled over in battroid because of the floppy ankles and due to the enourmous engine-equipped wings being held on by tiny hinges on the back, of course I ended up with stresses and cracks in crucial places, that I don't want to transform it anymore. I like its look, in particular Fighter mode, but it's not supposed to be a kit, it's supposed to be a toy. -_-

its funny how tastes can vary from person to person eh! Personally I love my TV Max & Kaki! The more plain paint jobs I think look great! Even my TV Hikaru VF-1J which has an even more plain paint job (with only the red stripes) is my all time favorite Macross Valkyrie!

I think the TV Hik is actually has enough additional markings to make it look not-so-plain -- e.g., the chest stripes, stripes on the wings and nosecone. The TV Max and Kaki, on the other hand, only have the tan/blue colors on the head, legs, shoulders, forearms, and stabilizer fin tips. I think they look pretty good in Battroid actually, but if you have them in fighter mode, none of the colored bits are really visible from the top making it look plain white.

It's not even that it's plain -- I think for me it's that it's just plain white. I think the various CF schemes, or the VF-X scheme, which is relatively plain as well, look better than Max and Kaki. But like I said, it's not that I dislike them, I just like them the least in comparison to my other toys. I mainly bought them because I wanted a complete Vermilion group and the three of them look good together.

I think the TV Hik is actually has enough additional markings to make it look not-so-plain -- e.g., the chest stripes, stripes on the wings and nosecone. The TV Max and Kaki, on the other hand, only have the tan/blue colors on the head, legs, shoulders, forearms, and stabilizer fin tips. I think they look pretty good in Battroid actually, but if you have them in fighter mode, none of the colored bits are really visible from the top making it look plain white.

It's not even that it's plain -- I think for me it's that it's just plain white. I think the various CF schemes, or the VF-X scheme, which is relatively plain as well, look better than Max and Kaki. But like I said, it's not that I dislike them, I just like them the least in comparison to my other toys. I mainly bought them because I wanted a complete Vermilion group and the three of them look good together.

Yeah. They're plain-janes.

Possibly could use some panel-lining to make either one a bit more eye-candy.

I would probably have to say the SV-51. It's a floppy mess in all modes, even when it was new out of the box. I have the CF version.

In fighter mode:

- the wings don't tab properly

- the wings droop (even without the booster pack and missiles loaded)

- the hands don't tuck away neatly into the legs

- you can't turn it upside down or the wings will flap

- there's a gap in the center of the jet when viewed from the top (near the head)

In battroid mode:

- the hip joints can't hold their pose, and extending them out makes it even worse

- the ankle joints don't have enough range of movement to do a basic spread leg stance

- shoulder joints are also poorly designed

In gerwalk mode:

- mostly a combination of the issues above

Such a shame though. I really liked the SV-51's fighter design. I hope they release a renewal of this.

Edited by ArchieNov

I think that would go to the YF-29 30th Anniversary. It was the worst out of the box with paint chipping, miss-molded parts and floppy joints. I also favored the green tinted canopy and the orange-yellow accents. Plus I would rather have the Alto version because I like the paint scheme better. It is also prone to paint rubbing on the nosecone.

On the other hand it is the Valkyrie that stands on my desk at the moment so I would hardly call it horrible. ^_^

If I had to pick one, it would be my V1 Chogokin VF-25F (luckily I have a renewal on the way). I'll preface this by saying that wherever not applicable, all of my collection is yamato 1/60's.

But I have complaints about all of the toys in my collection:

HI-metal VF-19S- flimsy main head laser (has since broken off permanently), no way to attach the gun pod, and no landing gear (smething even the old crappy banprestos had)

VF-25F- It's solid, but it's a bit floppy in some joints (waist and wrists), and it just has this dick forward old man slump, and hunched shoulder look that I hate. Looks decent in fighter mode though. (I have a Renewal on the way)

SV-51- Joints are all really loose, and it's really fiddly in transformation.

YF-19- Same as the SV-51, and the hips lack poseability. (Have a VF-19F on the way which, according to the reviews is a superior toy).

VF-1S Focker- Joints are really stiff, and its a v2.1 (rainbow tint, narrow notch for the transformation, bad shoulder design). Other than the concerns about breakage it's probably one of my favorites.

VF-0A- The arms self-destructed. Has been fixed, but the swing bar clamp has broken, so the swing bar isn't really secure in fighter mode (Point me to somoeone that makes a replacement part for this please...). Fighter mode sags under handling.

VF-11C- I have almost no gripes about this toy, other than the loose hips.

Destroid Tomahawk- The waist is about the only complaint.

Toynami 1/100's- Halfway partsformers and cheap plastic, but otherwise pretty good.

VF-1A- V1 TRU edition. Back pack broke off about a month ago. I was very saddened.

I have some complaints obviously, but I'm genuinely happy with my collection.

While I can reiterate the "if it wasnt my favorite in some way, I wouldn't keep it" feeling, there are a couple that i only keep around for the sake of completion.

At this point, my least favorite would probably be my Yamato YF-19, just because I never was satisfied with the fighter mode, but felt I needed one to go along with the YF-21 and VF-11B. The Arcadia one kind of solved that, but the Yamato design still sticks in my mind as the least attractive mold I have.

Just for pure, unadulterated engineering "WTF is this??!" rage though, I have to nominate the VF-171 design. While I can't fault it on looks, no one who would design such an overcomplicated tumorous sack of structural engineering fail should be allowed to have a job designing anything.

Edited by Chronocidal

Chronocidal, I'm upset to hear that. I have a 171EX on the way, and I'm hoping that I'll enjoy it. I got it instead of the Yamato VF-17, because I like the look of the 171 a bit more.

While the fit of the 171 is better than the 17, those tight tolerances and the odd decisions for transformation mechanisms make playing with it a lot less fun. The Yammie is orders of magnitude easier to transform. That being said, the design of the 17/171 all around isn't the most satisfying transformation in general.

hmm... my "least favorite" macross toys... I guess it would be the VF-171, as of the macross toys that I would consider my favorites, it would be at the bottom of the favorite list.

the worst toy in my collection would be my old 1/72 VF-19A from yamato, as it's just an ugly, broken, paint peeling, literally rusted piece of crap.

The figure I like the least is a tie between my VF-27 and SV-51, as they're both incredibly disappointing toys of designs that I like and that should have been much better than they are.

Least favourite would be Bandai VF-25 valks (sold all of them...25F,25A, RVF-25). Dont get me wrong. The engineering that went into the toys is stunning (anime accurate, poseability, etc2), but as time goes by it just felt plastic. Donno why, maybe its the shiny plastic that they used, making them look like McDonald's happy meal toys, or maybe its just that I dont feel attached to the new show. Or maybe the valk design felt like a stone throw's away from VF-1 design, or backward compared to what we had in Plus. The 19/21 redefined the designs of valks both in battroid & fighter (gerwalk is given) when compared to the previous iteration (VF-1), but 25 felt like it went back to the VF-1.

Chronocidal, I'm upset to hear that. I have a 171EX on the way, and I'm hoping that I'll enjoy it. I got it instead of the Yamato VF-17, because I like the look of the 171 a bit more.

I admit, I'm overly harsh on the 171. It looks fine really, but the way it's designed makes it anywhere between difficult to completely impossible to fix if something goes wrong. The EXs were usually pretty good.

Just be VERY careful about the thigh rotation when going back to fighter mode, because the mechanism to lock the rotation can destroy the leg. My first CF-171 had a knee joint that exploded into a dozen pieces, and because of the way everything is screwed and glued together from multiple directions, it probably would have destroyed the entire lower leg to get to the knee joint to attempt a repair. And even then, the knee was in so many pieces, the best case scenario was just getting the leg glued into one solid immobile piece for a permanent fighter mode.

In the end, I bought a cheap second one that had several other problems, just to get a replacement leg. I've taken to buying them in pairs, and hoping I can cobble together one good one out of the two.

Edited by Chronocidal

OK, so the EX should be fine. I watched a few reviews before I purchased and asked this forum for advice. All were really helpful in making my decision. So it's the CF version that you were talking about specifically?

Just be VERY careful about the thigh rotation when going back to fighter mode, because the mechanism to lock the rotation can destroy the leg. My first CF-171 had a knee joint that exploded into a dozen pieces, and because of the way everything is screwed and glued together from multiple directions, it probably would have destroyed the entire lower leg to get to the knee joint to attempt a repair. And even then, the knee was in so many pieces, the best case scenario was just getting the leg glued into one solid immobile piece for a permanent fighter mode.

I thought it would be good to emphasize Chronocidal's point above. Each one of Bandai's 171 DX releases use this unique locking mechanism as part of the leg transformation. It can be tricky if you are coming from a different design like the VF-1 or the VF-25. You should be okay if you are watching a review that steps through the transformation process. My recommendation is to take your time and avoid forcing any parts.

This is how I was caught by the unfamiliar leg transformation, myself. I accidentally strongarmed the leg transformation from battroid back to fighter and got a parts-only RVF-171 for my efforts.

I never picked up the CF release, so I'll let someone else speak to its issues.

Edited by technoblue

Robotech Masterpiece Collection

Alpha Fighter Volume 4:Sue Graham's Shadow Fighter

- Landing gear crumbles

- Parts don't line up

- Landing gear doesn't reach the ground

Well, if the landing gear crumbles, I would say it reaches the ground but not the fighter. :p

I was going to say that my least favorite might be my 1/100 Vf-25G because it is a parts-former.

Least favorite piece in my current collection...

Macross-wise, the Revoltech YF-19. Legs are spread to wide to view in front view. And it doesn't transform. Hahaha! :lol: But I like it since it's poseable and it resembles somehow the OAV look. ^_^

Non-Macross would be the Galient figure from CM's Toys. The thigh joint is garbage. :wacko: