Least favorite piece in your collection?

auberondreaming

Getting the vf-0d in hand it was once again time to do the display stand shuffle to find a place to put this huge bird. Picking up and swooshing around some of the old toys was a great treat, especially the vf-11c... then I picked up my vf-22s sturmvogel. This is my least favorite piece in my collection. The high speed mode wings were crap. The landing gear collapses. It just feels bad compared to the other modern releases in my collection.

So now I'm curious, what is your least favorite piece in your collection?

Yamato VF-0A, because it crumbles to bits when i touch it - utter shite.

In contrast to you my favourite is the YF-21. Although it has its fair share of problems i can overcome them with my love for the design.

Probably my 1/72 Yamato YF-21. It is in a box...somewhere. It was passable at the time because it was what was available. I looked at it a few months ago. I can't think of anything good to say about it.

I sold most of my stuff a while back so now i have mostly only stuff i want. But out of those its easily the DX VF-171CF and I have 3 of them. One is brand new sealed and im afraid to open because i fear broken triangles out of the box. Have a second with shoulders that crumbled to bits, and a 3rd with cracked but so far stable shoulders.

Edited by anubis20

It's surprising even to myself that my least favourite valk isn't the Arcadia 'nascar' vf-1j anniversary edition (maybe less so when I slap the upcoming gbp armor parts on it).

Qc issues are the worst, and the vf-171 cf beat the garish anniversario edition because of it in my book

i have the first release 1/72 yf-19 and the 1/60 yamato yf-19 and i actually hate the 1/60 v1 the most. the hand and fingers exploded a while ago during regular transformation, all the gray soft plastic parts have disintegrated, and it is so floppy that literally it will not stand whatsoever in battroid or gerwalk. just crumples completely to the ground. the 1/72 is ugly as sin but at least it can still stand. sooo glad i got the arcadia yf-19.

Yamato YF-19 Double Nuts. Great paint scheme...not so great a toy. Thinking of selling. Followed closely by the VF-22 Gamlin. Floppy mess after only a couple of transforms. Again, great paint scheme....

Edited by derex3592

Easy. It's the 27 "Renewal" for me. It's mediocre. I like all my 171s (with some cracked triangles), 1J Anniversario, and Yamato 1/60 19s better. I'm glad I own it but it's nothing to write home about.

Easy. It's the 27 "Renewal" for me. It's mediocre. I like all my 171s (with some cracked triangles), 1J Anniversario, and Yamato 1/60 19s better. I'm glad I own it but it's nothing to write home about.

Whoa.... That's an unexpected answer to hear (at least for me). Aside from the fact that it's far from being a full renewal, what do find so disappointing about it if you don't mind me asking?

I've got to agree with xrentonx, the VF-27 DX 1.5 (It's like Bandai wasn't even trying) has to be one of the least favorites for me, alongside Yamato's 1/60 YF-19 (this one disappointed right out of the box). Although, if/when Bandai releases the 1.5 version of Grace's Lucifer, I'll likely get that one too; after all, it's the only VF ever released in anything resembling a military shade of green... I just like the green and gray Q-Rau--esque combo.

The thing with the VF-27, even the 1.5, is that it just looks outclassed in execution (it's overall stance in all three modes, it's lack of molded surface detail, etc.) when compared to the VF-25 Renewals, YF-29s, YF-30s, VF-171s, and everything 1/60 from Yamato/Arcadia -- v1 VF-1s and v1 YF-19s, excluded.

The release of the 27 renewal wasn't terrible but it was very disappointing I guess. At this point we all know Bandai could do better and what they gave us was (and I hate to use the term)...lazy :(

More panel lines and detail or something would've gone a long way with me. Up close it looks so plain despite the tampo. Since it's the only option you should get it if you really like the 27 though (temper your expectations and you'll be OK). I just wish Bandai spent the time and did a proper renewal.

Edited by xrentonx

then I picked up my vf-22s sturmvogel. This is my least favorite piece in my collection.

First of all... What the hell! lol This is an awesome valk! (though I agree about the landing gear) :p

But clearly no one here has the Bandai VF100 range... or it would easily be the most hated! Watching my wife attempt to transform her Family Mart one into Gerwalk was both entertaining and painful!

this video review pretty says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McgpSM4JUas#t=718

(still looks cool next to the konig monster haha)

Out of my limited collection?

I was gonna say either the 1/60 VF-1A Max Version 1 (the non-perfect transforming die-cast legs and meh Gerwalk mode), the Millia Q-Rau (need a flexi stand to make the piece truly "pop" on display), or the YF-19 (too many mods needed to fix/correct the original release).

. . . . Then I remembered that I own a bunch of Toynami Masterpiece valks.

Those tiny Banpresto valks.

So much potential to be great, but Bandai really just cheaped out on it. Crappy plastic, crappy insecure parts/accessories, easily lost tiny parts, etc, etc. I got tired of it all one day and just threw it all out.

Despite all that, I reckon those crappy Banprestos were still much better looking and rather more durable than any toynami...

:p

edit:

omg!

actually still had an old pic of 'em Banpresto-goobers from '03...

:bump:

post-263-0-26561200-1426040047_thumb.jpeg

Edited by treatment

Since it's the only option you should get it if you really like the 27 though (temper your expectations and you'll be OK). I just wish Bandai spent the time and did a proper renewal.

Cool, thanks for the insight! I only just started collecting (even tho I've been a fan of Macross for decades now). I only have a VF-25A, YF-30 and the VF-0D right now.... So by default, my least favorite would be the 25A I guess :)

The Bandai Frontier model kit line, and the new VF-1 kits. They were presents from my wife, so I really can't get rid of them, but they can stay at the bottom of my "to build" pile indefinitely.

I like the older Bandai kits, it's just that the new line is more difficult than it should be to make them look nice. I'll stick with my Hasegawas and garage kits, thanks.

The 1/100 Toynami VF-1s are my least favorite. At first glance and taking the price into consideration, they didn't seem too bad. But once I looked at them closer and played around with them, I realized that they are quite terrible. I rank them below the VF100 VF-25 (which despite problems I still like) and the perfect transformation Revoltech VF-1 (which is pretty awful in its own way but it's still better than the Toynami).

As a fan of smaller scale toys, it's disappointing that so many are mediocre. Oh well, it's one of many reasons why I moved onto building kits.

It's not Macross, but I'd have to pick my Toynami MPC Alpha. Good-looking toy, but I'm too scared to touch it for fear that it will disintegrate. Hands have already crumbled, and one of the feet had to be glued back to together.

Among my Macross items, I'd have to pick my TV Kakizaki or Max. To be clear, I don't *dislike* either one, I just like them the least of all my Macross toys. It's mainly because they are the most plain looking. In fighter mode, depending on the angle, they look like they are just plain white jets.

It's not Macross, but I'd have to pick my Toynami MPC Alpha. Good-looking toy, but I'm too scared to touch it for fear that it will disintegrate. Hands have already crumbled, and one of the feet had to be glued back to together.

Among my Macross items, I'd have to pick my TV Kakizaki or Max. To be clear, I don't *dislike* either one, I just like them the least of all my Macross toys. It's mainly because they are the most plain looking. In fighter mode, depending on the angle, they look like they are just plain white jets.

its funny how tastes can vary from person to person eh! Personally I love my TV Max & Kaki! The more plain paint jobs I think look great! Even my TV Hikaru VF-1J which has an even more plain paint job (with only the red stripes) is my all time favorite Macross Valkyrie!