Jess and Luke breaking the bed was absurdly funny :) One of the nice touches this show does is showing the ramifications of using their powers. When Jessica breaks a lock, it stays broken until someone fixes it (not magically repaired before the next scene), she has dents in her ceiling from hucking her boot at it to shut her loud neighbours up, Luke's bed couldn't hold up to their sex onslaught :D

I think it's established in later episodes that

Kilgrave's power is based on pheromones. You need to hear him and be exposed to his pheromones for it to work. There's a scene in the later episodes where they have him captured and contained in a sealed chamber, so they can hear him but they aren't affected by his pheromones.

Edited by SuperSenpai

• 1 month later...

ODB for the Cage trailer, and "Come As You Are" for the Defenders trailer?

Nice musical choices!

Sweet :) I hope the Jessica figure comes with a bottle for an accessory :D

Hopefully, MULTIPLE bottles! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I think that's what still has me sold on this. I wasn't expecting to like Daredevil (I still like the '03 movie, dammit!) and they surprised me with how much I liked it. From the Jessica Jones trailers, I didn't think I'd like the show much and I ended up voting it as my favouritest show of all times. Netflix Marvel hasn't disappointed me once, and I feel that Luke Cage and even Iron Fist will be just as amazing.

Then comes the Defenders! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speed-watch Luke Cage. I liked it more than Ms. Drink to a stupor-self-pity-I-need-prozac Jessica Jones. Not as good as Daredevil. That ending really dragged. It was 2/3 of the episode.

The PTBs are contractually obligated to get the Defenders out in a certain timeframe. JJ S2 and DD S3 are def. going to be on hold until that's finished and broadcast.

I was decidedly meh about Luke Cage. Very uneven in tone, style, execution, and plotlines. Started strong, with a very firm sense of style that quickly got muddled under conflicting plotlines (reminded me a lot of my troubles with DD S2, tbh). Mike Colter is an amazing actor and when he got some meaty stuff to work with, he was magic. I'd pay good, good money to have his smile and smooth lines :D

I still hold Jessica Jones as the best of the Marvel Netflix shows so far. DD S1 was great, S2 less so in the non-Punisher scenes, but JJ continues to be my high watermark (even though that show had its troubles down the stretch, too).

I'm iffy on the concept of Iron Fist, but even the worst of Marvel Netflix is miles ahead of other shows, and I'm thirsty AF for the Defenders! Bring it on!

And yeah, Shades really did steal the show! Shades, and the in-universe continuity nods were pretty much the only things keeping me going in the lesser episodes. I saw Turk playing chess in the first episode and it took me a second to realize who it was. I was blown away by the voice-over starting episode 6 :)