1/48 Mospeada Legioss Solider/ Alpha Battloid Kit

Hi guys! As promised, I am starting a thread to gauge interest in a 1/48 Mospeada Legioss soldier mode (hereinafter referred to as Buster: Henshin Robo) resin model to accompany the Crabb army which I made a little while ago. I would also make all three head variations: Blue, Green and Redd to allow for more versatility in the collection. Kit would be free-pose type (build it in the desired pose only) although certain joints will allow for minimal re-posing.

Decals and markings: I will do the artwork, which I will then offer as open-source so that you can download and print as you see fit. This is going to be quite a bit more of an undertaking than most of my previous models, simply by virtue of its geometric complexity so you'd be looking at a $265 Canadian price-point (about $218 US) plus shipping. I would need a minimum of 30 orders to get the ball rolling so ask yourselves: is Buster right for YOU? :p

I'm down for 1 this time (so far).

Capt, how are you intending to approach this? Will it look like your 1/32 kit?

Very good question, and the answer is yes: my intent was to scale-down the proportions of my 1/32 model. That also means that it will be a bigger kit than average since the cockpit was designed around a real human being and not a 4 foot tall anime character, so 22-23cm in stead of the 18.5-19cm of the old Imai kit. There will be no actual cockpit in the kit though, just to clarify.

I really think that our crabb collection is not complete without a Legioss soldier. I hope this project see the light someday.

Edited by cool8or

I am missing these threads by the Captain. Don't normally check the Think Tank section. I guess I have to change that.

I would probably be in for one of these, but can't do the NGer at the same time. I signed up for one of the NGer kits, but would love to revisit this idea sometime down the road Cap!

I read in the Mospeada thread that Captain will wait to see what happen with the new Tonamy's Legioss, so may be we'll have a second chance with this kit in the future.

• 3 months later...

Jeepers I gotta find time to keep up with the boards more. Stupid work. I never saw this thread. I'd be in for one of each (3). I'd potentially go for two of each (6) if this started looking realistic and would help.

Edited by Ghadrack

And um.... not to be a clown but if you ever got the bug to do a not miniscule scale ( at least 6 inches standing)Ride Armor / cyclone kit in a Yellow Dancer / Bladed and Rook / heavy weapon variation. No transformation necessary, fixed posed would br fine. I could find some significant fun money to spend on those.

Edited by Ghadrack

Yeah? :)

I gotta find a way to get emails forwarded to me whenever the Capn or mslz22 posts on the forum (stalker mode) so I know when these pop up. I'm always in to support these but my awful job has me working 10 plus hours a day and often weekends so I can't keep up with the forums I frequent.