Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

The factory floor shots look a lot more cluttered than I had imagined. Not sure that's a bad thing, but definitely interesting.

Most Chinese assembly plants look like this, heck you should see one of the leading OEM manufacturer of Server Motherboards US plant looks like, It's gawd awful.

Edited by Loop

Guest davidwhangchoi

IMG_20151202_103434.jpg

this photo confirms no u.n. spacy tampo'd on the legs. i mean it's not extra ink... in fact it'll be less ink if u.n. spacy is stenciled out.

TBH, even though I love what they're producing and still looking forward to Roy's VF-0S, I'm done expecting too much from Arcadia. And that includes tampo and revisions. I'm now just looking forward on their Reactive Armor. Even if that means that's the last Macross-related stuff they're going to produce. I still wish them success. And I still going to buy any valks that they're going to produce as long that it's the valk that I like. ;)

this photo confirms no u.n. spacy tampo'd on the legs. i mean it's not extra ink... in fact it'll be less ink if u.n. spacy is stenciled out.

Plus if they did stencil it, they would have a wastage on the sticker sheet which also has UNspacey. And i dont thk they would spend money to reprint new set of sticker sheets just for the 0s.

Consistancy is the way to save costs after all.

Am also not sure if they purposely leave markings out so that customers can have the option of having a naked or sticker filled valk....some like them (i mean valks!) naked :o

TBH, even though I love what they're producing and still looking forward to Roy's VF-0S, I'm done expecting too much from Arcadia. And that includes tampo and revisions. I'm now just looking forward on their Reactive Armor. Even if that means that's the last Macross-related stuff they're going to produce. I still wish them success. And I still going to buy any valks that they're going to produce as long that it's the valk that I like. ;)

aww dancing swaying minmay where have you gone....

Edited by seti88

Brings to mind Mr. K's recent interview and the amount of waste product to produce these.

Heartbreaking to think so much gets junked just from mis-aligned tampo.

(One reason they may have reduced tampo on recent releases?)

At the end of the day, this is just a glorified garage kit maker with all the pluses and minuses.

according to NY the release date is December 25 so this is official or has been confirmed by arcadia?

No exact date from Arcadia's website. But somehow NY's placed date is 75% accurate unless they email us for a new release date.

Edited by no3ljm

Yup. Guess it really is confirmed. This guy also is not a member of 'UN SPACY'. Hehehe. :D

Which makes me wonder why they can't factor in more tampo with the higher pricetag? Perhaps the whole tampo process needs more reliable technology to be developed.

I got a batch in to check out the shapeways prints. I sold them all. Still trying to get shapeways to let other people order them. They say the tolerance on the small nubs are too tiny, but every time I have ordered them they've come out fine.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Just got payment request from NY for the VF-0S. I have two already paid for and now need to decide if I want to commit to the other three.. I have till the 21st otherwise they will cancel anything outstanding. Just not sure I want the extras now..

Holy cow! 5?!? What are your plans for them, spanner?