Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

dang it looks good...but dat price. is it me or is it even higher than the 0d? cmon preorder discounts...please be more substantial! should i just skip and wait for the 0S? also who knows if this will be close the final colors, the 0D's first colored photos were not even close. i guess at this point i'm a fan of the valks more than the anime (for zero) so as long as it looks great i want it.

hmm 20% discount. looks like it will be about $300 usd with shipping. wonder how much hlj's will be.

dang it looks good...but dat price. is it me or is it even higher than the 0d? cmon preorder discounts...please be more substantial! should i just skip and wait for the 0S? also who knows if this will be close the final colors, the 0D's first colored photos were not even close. i guess at this point i'm a fan of the valks more than the anime (for zero) so as long as it looks great i want it.

hmm 20% discount. looks like it will be about $300 usd with shipping. wonder how much hlj's will be.

Rest assured, it's lower than 0D. ^_^

Based on the previous 0D valk, it lasted almost a month prior of release date. ;) That's why I'm happy with Arcadia releases than Bandai's. PO time is not that hard for Arcadia releases. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

dang it looks good...but dat price. is it me or is it even higher than the 0d? cmon preorder discounts...please be more substantial!

it's actually list priced and discounted cheaper compared to the listing of the 0d on amiami.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Pre-order madness really only affects items under $200. I'd be surprised if the scalpers are buying up the $300 toys. I get the impression that folks who are on the fence to buy a toy are far more likely to pass on the more expensive ones. Whereas, everyone wants in on the $150 releases.

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

The hint I am getting from it is that they used the VF-0D legs in the pic. Isn't that the same location of the removable fins on the VF-0D? I would check but both of mine are put away.

Also from what i can tell from those photos it looks like they have balls'd up the gunpod stow mounts on the arms the very same way as they did with the Zero-D. So when the gunpod is fitted up it will block the tail hook from deploying properly.. Face slap to Arcadia.. :/

Edited by spanner76

34,800 JPY

August

Am I missing something? AmiAmi is listing it as 37,584 JPY, with 20% off bringing it to 29,700.

IF that post above has the MSRP as 34800 why is AmiAmi (usually the pricing leader or thereabouts) jacking up the price?

EDIT:

Ok, i see the issue.

The specific product paging is listing the price as 34800 yen

If you search for "Macross" and look at the list of items, the listing for the VF-0A is actually 29,700 JPY

When I add it to my car, it shows up at 34800 yen. Must be a computer error. I'm gonna hold off till that fix that

Edited by OptionZero

Those... are some really obnoxious mounting slots on the intakes. :blink:

Also, yeah, maybe if it hits clearance, but I can't see myself paying that much for one of these. I'll think about grabbing an S, but that is literally triple what I paid for one of the originals.

Am I missing something? AmiAmi is listing it as 37,584 JPY, with 20% off bringing it to 29,700.

IF that post above has the MSRP as 34800 why is AmiAmi (usually the pricing leader or thereabouts) jacking up the price?

EDIT:

Ok, i see the issue.

The specific product paging is listing the price as 34800 yen

If you search for "Macross" and look at the list of items, the listing for the VF-0A is actually 29,700 JPY

When I add it to my car, it shows up at 34800 yen. Must be a computer error. I'm gonna hold off till that fix that

If I add it to my cart, it's showing as 29,700. The price of 37,584 includes Japan sales tax of 8%.

Color does look similar to the VF-4 eh. So what are peoples thoughts on this color compared to the original release? I rather like it actually!

I'd be happy with the color exactly as is.

Those... are some really obnoxious mounting slots on the intakes. :blink:

Also, yeah, maybe if it hits clearance, but I can't see myself paying that much for one of these. I'll think about grabbing an S, but that is literally triple what I paid for one of the originals.

The originals were $200 a pop. How is this triple that price?

Oh, it was a clearance sale, so yeah, that's not entirely fair. Given the early quality problems though, I'd say $100 would've been a fair price for the original releases.

And I admit, I like the color as well, but it's hard to justify the increase in price for me, because 90% of the improvements are in battroid only, and mine almost never leave fighter mode.

If the armor does get made, I'll grab one, and a 0S to put it on at least, but the thought of how much that will cost is already making my wallet whimper. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

Good thing is that they're including new option parts for this release(hard point anti air missiles and leg conformal tank), hence they would be interchangeable with the 0D. Not sure if Focker's will get new hard point missiles, but most likely wing hardpoint propellant tank.

If they're popular enough, they should release the ghost and GBP separately, and then slightly retooled SV-51s.

New big tab beside the intakes. Any hints? ;)

The VF-0A on display at Wonderfest had those slots. Maybe to match the slots near the bottom inner/outer legs near the feet/thrusters? ^_^ Hmmm... Maybe they can re-purpose the inner arm slots and wrist tab/slot for the armor. PWS-0X would be killer.

Edited by wmkjr