Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Here we go again with the brightness/saturation/shade of the color :D

blame Japan twitter, it's prob just as bad over there as on here.

ok, he's saying that's a fully colored 0A mold on the end but some are replying that's it's too white (not enough grey). he said it's looking white due to the photo having too much blue saturation making the grey whiter then it is, just as the vf-0d looked brighter on camera due to lighting and different in reality. he said to please wait as well (also said the prototype color may be adjusted)

Sorry, but I can't trust anything Mr K says about color and adjustments, after they completely f'd up the -0D.

Sorry, but I can't trust anything Mr K says about color and adjustments, after they completely f'd up the -0D.

You do get the impression that Arcadia's entire staff, and the manufactures with whom the do business, are completely color blind, and even incapable of distinguishing gray scale gradations...

anyone have this issue?

some guy is asking Mr. K to correct this:

hmm... mine's still in the box. lol

for the sake of discussion, though, which one would be the 'correct' placement? i think i like the one on the left better

I'm more bothered by the tip of the warning extending past the panel line, to be honest. But yes, definitely noticeable when comparing one side to the other.

good catch, mike! i hadn't noticed that the one the right does cross the panel line! that makes the one on the left the 'correct' one!

I haven't taken mine out of the box too, the tampo is wildy missaligned hence why it goes beyond the panel line.

More reason to give us waterslide decal sheets if they can't tampo things straight on a 300+ toy.

That intake cover tab is an eyesore. Couldn't they find a more elegant solution? I should really take mine out of the box and check everything.

anyone have this issue?

CCpSwIOVAAADQ12.jpg

I've got that issue but, at the same time, for me it's not an issue.

More reason to give us waterslide decal sheets if they can't tampo things straight on a 300+ toy.

I'm not sure I'd do a better job with waterslide decals :p

That intake cover tab is an eyesore. Couldn't they find a more elegant solution? I should really take mine out of the box and check everything.

That intake cover tab will look great with Armour Parts on it.

My questions are this: When is the ghost going to be available (I assume we will have ghost as the box art shows one)? Do you think the Yamato ghost will be backwards compatible with this? Will their be a bundled version later on? Not to get off topic, but was Arcadia making a fold booster for the YF-19? I only ask since this was an essential accessory to complete this model and we have not seen that yet.

My questions are this: When is the ghost going to be available (I assume we will have ghost as the box art shows one)? Do you think the Yamato ghost will be backwards compatible with this? Will their be a bundled version later on? Not to get off topic, but was Arcadia making a fold booster for the YF-19? I only ask since this was an essential accessory to complete this model and we have not seen that yet.

No plans according to Mr.K of Arcadia to re-release the Ghost Booster. Didn't mention also if there's going to be a set down the line for this. And yes, it's backward compatible. Same thing with YF-19 for the Fold Booster. No news if they're going to release the Fold Booster as a separate set. By looking on Arcadia's release, I think they're more careful now instead of flooding the market release after release. If ever there's going to be a set down the line, we'll never know for sure until they announce it officially. So for now, in order for us to complete the set, it's better to hunt down those individual sets from Yamato releases. And that's what I did for my YF-19 and for the upcoming VF-0S. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

Any news about the reactive armor David? I'm seeing a lot of extra slots, so I'm assuming it's in the pipeline?

here's a tidbit of discussion by Mr. K on the armor. nothing officially planned of course but at least he acknowledges it's in his mind.

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/590108548920573953

he says he wants do it and there's internal discussions that are positive. (it's needs to be budgeted and approved upfront to make the armor so i'm sure he'll get the green light to do it by the company depending the outlook or sales of the 0A/S

just to add... it's not very positive on doing a new designed ghost booster (it's not going to happen). he's responding, in order to remaking a new ghost booster, he would need a budget approved for projects which it seems Arcadia is selective in approving based on financial sensibility. and because he wants to do reactive armor first, that's the project he'd want to focus on.

my advice is to try and look for the old ghost booster for now as that thing will only get harder to find close to release of the 0A.

it's from the same discussion tree for the misaligned tampo markings which Mr. K said he noticed it and will examine it going forward for the future.

Thanks for the update David! I'm guessing that Arcadia will also base the decision to grant a budget for the Reactive Armor on the sales reception of the GBP reissue. :-) Macross armor fans, cast your vote!

anyone have this issue?

CCpSwIOVAAADQ12.jpg

I don't see what Arcadia can do to "fix" this. It's a tampo printing issue. It's not like you can send it back and have them re-print for you. Highly doubt they would send out replacement parts with corrected markings for this.

I guess, it's more like 'Mr.K, does the upcoming VF-0S/0A will have the same off-aligned Danger Intake like the VF-0D?' Or 'Mr.K, can you also focus on Q.C.-ing, the Q.C., that has already been Q.C.-ed?' ;)

You would think that the folks at Arcadia would've had the factory do a pilot run of all stages of manufacture, including the decorative applications, scrutinize the end results of each step and correct any issues along the way until the final product ready to go in the packaging is as perfect as a product with an MSRP around ¥36,800 demands to be. That would constitute a thorough Quality Control regime, but I guess Arcadia couldn't be bothered to notice or care; they earn the Krusty the Clown seal. <_<

post-664-0-37915800-1429659942_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

To be fair it took fourteen pages on this thread before anyone noticed the error, and would've gone more had it not been pointed out. 2 of my 0D have the same issue and I think it's not worth mentioning because its so hard to tell unless you are looking for it. Hopefully it wont carry over into the 0A and 0S releases.

To be fair it took fourteen pages on this thread before anyone noticed the error, and would've gone more had it not been pointed out. 2 of my 0D have the same issue and I think it's not worth mentioning because its so hard to tell unless you are looking for it. Hopefully it wont carry over into the 0A and 0S releases.

I coulda sworn someone mentioned it earlier on the VF-0D thread...