Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

quick question.

I know shin's 0A didn't actually have any tail markings in the ova, but I'm trying to decide what would look better; the skull marking (since he was Roy's wingman in the end) or the bunny head?

I would go with the bunny head.

Or even better, maybe this

post-15116-0-71576800-1458293424_thumb.jpg

Got it off MW fb postings a while back...

granted its more noseart-ish rather than tail but hey it might work...

Edited by seti88

Very cool. What stand are you using?

That's a Flightpose display stand.

For me anyway, i like the beefed up valk look with the ghost set. More sharp edges and that big thruster at the back, makes the valk look like its built for speed.

The design blends in well for me, and adds a modern tech feel to otherwise seems to be (well not exactly just) another aircraft.

The gray ghost with the 0A colors.. :wub::wub: ...sublime...my preference even over an 0S with ghost...

Amen to that, sir! ;)

lol, they took it off sale. Our spending habits must generate lots of fantastic stats for these stores. Bet they don't know how to use them properly though.

Wow! I just noticed that! When I placed my order, it was listed at 24,360 yen. When I refreshed the page it was listed at 34,800 yen! Glad I placed my order before it happend! Funny thing is, it's still listed in the sale section! lol!

Wow! I just noticed that! When I placed my order, it was listed at 24,360 yen. When I refreshed the page it was listed at 34,800 yen! Glad I placed my order before it happend! Funny thing is, it's still listed in the sale section! lol!,

Yeah it's still on the list, but it no longer have the red [onsale] sign on top of the [add to cart] button, so it more likely they set a certain amount for the sale instead of their whole inventory. either way it did last a very long time.

What happened to it? Did it not hold?

Glue failed, legs stay attached but hips are now very loose. I'm thinking I need a stronger/less brittle adhesive. I'm gonna try again with a two part epoxy instead of superglue. worst case scenario is I get a ghost booster for this one and leave it in fighter mode.

The 0S remains the best, most playable version.

:edit:

I've also bee thinking about a plan C/"desperation move; do not try this at home kids" that involves drilling a small whole through the plastic nub into the metal stem, tapping the whole thing, joining the two parts with a small screw than grinding down the screw head so that everything fits properly.

Edited by anime52k8

Question for you Jenius, how's your 0s holding up? Any problems with it so far? Have you had any problems with the hips or legs popping off? The reason I ask is because i recently purchased the 0s.

Edited by subie81

I REFUSE TO LOOSE THIS PATIENT! Frankly, even with a leg that falls off, it's still more fun as a toy than several other valks I own.

*cough*VF-27*cough*frakkthatmess*cough*

sorry, I should really get that cough looked at. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

Guest davidwhangchoi

I REFUSE TO LOOSE THIS PATIENT! Frankly, even with a leg that falls off, it's still more fun as a toy than several other valks I own.

*cough*VF-27*cough*frakkthatmess*cough*

sorry, I should really get that cough looked at. :rolleyes:

you want mine? :p jk!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Question for you Jenius, how's your 0s holding up? Any problems with it so far? Have you had any problems with the hips or legs popping off? The reason I ask is because i recently purchased the 0s.

Well it's off to storage now so not much more experience with it after the review. That said, I thoroughly tested those legs when I had it out and I am convinced that Arcadia fixed the problem. I'd be scared of 0D and 0A toys but I think the 0S is safe.

Well it's off to storage now so not much more experience with it after the review. That said, I thoroughly tested those legs when I had it out and I am convinced that Arcadia fixed the problem. I'd be scared of 0D and 0A toys but I think the 0S is safe.

so you're saying I shouldn't buy the $400 VF-0D that's on eBay right now?

Awesome! Thanks for your input Jenius! I can't wait for my 0s!

Guest davidwhangchoi

maybe :ph34r: I also want a VF-0D; got one?

Can Arcadia just reissue the OD already, or put the CF-0A up for sale?

*me right now, wanting more VF-0's*

vJOQ6IS.gif

wait what happened to the vf-0D you found, or at least i thought you got one.... i have 2x 0D's never even taken out of the carton but only for a few secs to look through the widow. if i decide to sell one, i'll pm you first.

While I love my VF-0D, I don't love it at $400.00

Arcadia is bound to do a reissue or someone here on MW will post one for a good price. B))

wait what happened to the vf-0D you found, or at least i thought you got one.... i have 2x 0D's never even taken out of the carton but only for a few secs to look through the widow. if i decide to sell one, i'll pm you first.

I was gonna buy the 30,000 yen one on Mandarake but got cart jacked. <_<

While I love my VF-0D, I don't love it at $400.00

Arcadia is bound to do a reissue or someone here on MW will post one for a good price. B))

Using the YF-19 as a benchmark, I figure the VF-0D will get a reissue in march of 2017. That's a long time to wait though and while I'm hoping that a reissue will have all the fixes and improvements that the VF-0S has, there's no way to be certain.

Using the YF-19 as a benchmark, I figure the VF-0D will get a reissue in march of 2017. That's a long time to wait though and while I'm hoping that a reissue will have all the fixes and improvements that the VF-0S has, there's no way to be certain.

So much this. If the hips are fixed and the joints are all snug then I'd buy the 0D again. Otherwise no dice.

Guest davidwhangchoi

any success fixing re-fixing the leg joint tension?

The left arm of my VF-0S broke, just where the screw connects to the large tab. It felt down of my detolf and hit the ground pretty badly. In dispair, I tried to glue it, but naturally, since it is on a joint, the glue is not strong enough. I really hope someone creates a replacement on shapeways... I found only replacement for the old yamato one.

On a positive note, I have a brown VF-1A 1/60 (version 1), that felt at the same time. The left arm broke also at the shoulder, but the gluing process was successful.

The left arm of my VF-0S broke, just where the screw connects to the large tab. It felt down of my detolf and hit the ground pretty badly. In dispair, I tried to glue it, but naturally, since it is on a joint, the glue is not strong enough. I really hope someone creates a replacement on shapeways... I found only replacement for the old yamato one.

On a positive note, I have a brown VF-1A 1/60 (version 1), that felt at the same time. The left arm broke also at the shoulder, but the gluing process was successful.

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that.

Please post pictures. I can upload a replacement model to shapeways.