Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

He temporarily closed shop due to a new job and the supply issue with the pandemic. 

Hopefully they can get things up and running again.

The painted panel lines look is amazing on that VF-0S.  I'm tempted to do my PF one.  I just don't want to screw it up LOL.  I paid so much for that one and I'd hate to ruin it.

Edited by Special Sauce

15 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Hopefully they can get things up and running again.

The painted panel lines look is amazing on that VF-0S.  I'm tempted to do my PF one.  I just don't want to screw it up LOL.  I paid so much for that one and I'd hate to ruin it.

Just use something like Flory's model wash. You can wipe away any mistakes with a damp cloth.

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Just use something like Flory's model wash. You can wipe away any mistakes with a damp cloth.

That's a good idea.  I might try that out.  I can always test it on something else to get the hang of it

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, anybody know how I can get a replacement left hand for the VF-0S ? Only noticed now that it’s missing the index finger on the left hand. Looks like a qc issue I never noticed til 4 years later. 

Edited by OzmaLee74

• 2 weeks later...

0S is basically my favorite Valk design and a holy grail right now, but I can't really afford Arcadia 0S. Congrats to everyone who has one!

I hope Bandai makes an affordable alternative some day. Too bad Macross Zero popularity in Japan can be perfectly described by its name. I feel like 0S is the one and only Valk that surpasses 1S in the badass factor.

On 5/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, ValkAddict said:

Does anyone know if Arcadia will be releasing a PF version of the VF-0A? A rumor even ...

Nope, nada, zero! 

That said. "IF" they do and that's a big "IF" you'll feel a shockwave across the internet if it happens. 

14 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nope, nada, zero! 

That said. "IF" they do and that's a big "IF" you'll feel a shockwave across the internet if it happens. 

Yeah I'd definitely be down for that one.  I love my VF-0S PF.  It's a beauty.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nope, nada, zero! 

Ok thanks. Since listening to the Macross SpeakerPodcast series, I figured some of those folks might have heard a rumor or two. :)

I certainly HOPE Arcadia releases a PF of the VF-0A.  **looks up wishfully**

22 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Ok thanks. Since listening to the Macross SpeakerPodcast series, I figured some of those folks might have heard a rumor or two. :)

I certainly HOPE Arcadia releases a PF of the VF-0A.  **looks up wishfully**

Same here on the VF-0A, I'd honestly be happy with a regular reissue (you know a PF will be very $$$) with all the QC improvements of the 0S. 

• 9 months later...
36 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Any idea on the market value of a new/pre-owned VF-0S PF these days? I'm in the market for 1 of these recently. Someone offered me a new piece for a whopping $1300. 😱

There's one on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now (unopened) for ¥60,500:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w1037493683

You'll need to buy it through a proxy like From Japan or Buyee, and pay international shipping.

Should come out under $700?

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like a normal version sold for about ¥35,000 back in early January on YJA.

The harder part looks to be finding one for sale at a reasonable price.

I've been buying my Valks on Ebay and the seller of a VF-0S I've been looking at countered my $400 offer with $550. I'd hate to get it and then Arcadia decides to re release it again. 

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

I'm slightly cautious getting it off resale. Bandai is releasing a HMR of it after all. Could be a precursor to a dx chogokin version. 

Since bandai went with an initial HMR release, I would think a 0S DX is unlikely.

Something abt avoiding the 1/100 and 1/60 scales cannibalising each other. 

If there is, i would think it would be way way in the future...maybe 15/20yrs(?) before they start looking at a 1/60 0A?

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Since bandai went with an initial HMR release, I would think a 0S DX is unlikely.

Something abt avoiding the 1/100 and 1/60 scales cannibalising each other. 

If there is, i would think it would be way way in the future...maybe 15/20yrs(?) before they start looking at a 1/60 0A?

I agree. I don't see Bandai doing a 1/60 any time soon.

4 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Guys, which display stand can I use for this? Just realized Arcadia doesn't include a stand only the adapter. Arcadia stands are sold out everywhere.

Lastest stand related thread:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

There's one on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now (unopened) for ¥60,500:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w1037493683

You'll need to buy it through a proxy like From Japan or Buyee, and pay international shipping.

Should come out under $700?

I bought this and just received it. To my horror it turned out to be VF-0D PF. Sincerely hope it was a mix up by the seller and not a bait and switch. I can't imagine how troublesome it's going to be getting this sorted. Hope FJ comes through. 🥲

30 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Considering the PF VF-0D looks like it is currently going for even more than the PF VF-0S, I want to guess it wasn't intentional on the seller's part.

If you can't get a return, you might try selling it here, or straight up trading it.

Does it? Is it due in part to it being cannon fodder?

55 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

I bought this and just received it. To my horror it turned out to be VF-0D PF. Sincerely hope it was a mix up by the seller and not a bait and switch. I can't imagine how troublesome it's going to be getting this sorted. Hope FJ comes through. 🥲

OMG....and this is a bad thing HOW exactly??? The PF 0D is one of if not the best looking Valks ever produced by Yamato or Arcadia. If you don't already have one...I say KEEP IT! :D

7 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Does it? Is it due in part to it being cannon fodder?

VF-0D PF has not just tampo but also painting and panel lining. Also the original 0D release had the leg issue. Mainly though I think it's the paint scheme and the delta wing. Even the non PF are going for like $400-450 last I saw.