Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

On 3/24/2021 at 2:11 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

The Arcadia VF-0S is the best valk ever released!

Night and day difference with the Yamato version.

Oohhh them are fighting words! :D

I do agree the arcadia's vf-0S is great and yes, near perfect in all departments.

Also love my vf-0A with a busted leg, which i did repair. (which for a non-customizing collector like me, i dare say is quite a feat :lol:)
Which in turn, ups the favorite notch to me...

Heck i love em all, so am biased and my opinion means nothing :p....

But one time am sure, nothing will replace the nostalgia value i have with my chunkies. (which isnt a fair comparison for new collectors, since they cant turn back time :rolleyes:)

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Oohhh them are fighting words! :D

I do agree the arcadia's vf-0S is great and yes, near perfect in all departments.

Also love my vf-0A with a busted leg, which i did repair. (which for a non-customizing collector like me, i dare say is quite a feat :lol:)
Which in turn, ups the favorite notch to me...

Heck i love em all, so am biased and my opinion means nothing :p....

But one time am sure, nothing will replace the nostalgia value i have with my chunkies. (which isnt a fair comparison for new collectors, since they cant turn back time :rolleyes:)

The difference is the Arcadia VF-0 is the best Valk ever released. The Chunky Monkey is the best toy ever made. 

All this talk about the Arcadia VF-0S got me thinking about why I don't own one, and the Reactive Armor to go with it. I was scratching my head about it, so I went to Arcadia's site and was instantly reminded of why I passed on them:

• VF-0S (Regular Finish) = ¥38280 (tax included)
  • Reactive Armor = ¥19580 (tax included)

Looked at the usual sites and it seems like the price of the 0S is holding steady at close to MSRP in the secondary market. The armor seems to show up at MSRP or a bit lower. So, they're holding their value, which is great, but that puts them at a level that's hard for me to justify right now. I'd love to see the 0S reissued in the price range of the VF-4A, with the armor scaled down in price as well. That would be much harder for me to pass up. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

35 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

All this talk about the Arcadia VF-0S got me thinking about why I don't own one, and the Reactive Armor to go with it. I was scratching my head about it, so I went to Arcadia's site and was instantly reminded of why I passed on them:

Looked at the usual sites and it seems like the price of the 0S is holding steady at close to MSRP in the secondary market. The armor seems to show up at MSRP or a bit lower. So, they're holding their value, which is great, but that puts them at a level that's hard for me to justify right now. I'd love to see the 0S reissued in the price range of the VF-4A, with the armor scaled down in price as well. That would be much harder for me to pass up. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

I have a VF-0S regular finish I am looking to sell this week. Just need to get a few other projects rolling before I can grab some pictures.

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The difference is the Arcadia VF-0 is the best Valk ever released. The Chunky Monkey is the best toy ever made. 

I see your VF-0 and raise you a totally unbiased and non-fan boy objective article for the heck of it...:rolleyes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/12/23/dx-chogokin-vf-1j-valkyrie-toy-review-easily-one-of-the-best-macross-toys-ever-made/?sh=47e774793be3

'

'

'

p.s...did i say i also love em all?

Edited by seti88

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I wouldn't advise looking at the PF price tag then. :rolleyes:

51079825713_d8a7f239e9_o.jpg

39 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I wouldn't advise looking at the PF price tag then. :rolleyes:

51079825713_d8a7f239e9_o.jpg

Oh yeah, I saw that. Honestly, given what you get on top of the base price, it doesn't seem that bad. At that point, what's another ¥4400? That's retail, though. The prices I'm seeing on the secondary market are...higher. With that said, the VF-0D PF seems to raise the bar for what we should expect from now on.

22 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Oh yeah, I saw that. Honestly, given what you get on top of the base price, it doesn't seem that bad. At that point, what's another ¥4400? That's retail, though. The prices I'm seeing on the secondary market are...higher. With that said, the VF-0D PF seems to raise the bar for what we should expect from now on.

Yeah though there aren't any 0S available for retail anymore, as far as I know.

I'm still holding out hope for a weathered version of it though!

51080616842_56106c4cbb_o.jpg

Finally opened my VF-0S PF and it's really amazing.  It's definitely better than the Yamato version.  The Valkyrie designs in general these days have come a long way.  I do have a question that may or may not have been discussed here already.  Do most of Arcadia's Valk's not come with stands?  Just adaptors for the stands?  

3 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

Finally opened my VF-0S PF and it's really amazing.  It's definitely better than the Yamato version.  The Valkyrie designs in general these days have come a long way.  I do have a question that may or may not have been discussed here already.  Do most of Arcadia's Valk's not come with stands?  Just adaptors for the stands?  

That is correct. 

I'd prefer if they reissue their simple clear stand. The Variable Stand is great but I think the display options are limited because I don't want more than a couple of my valks to be displayed attached to a launch arm. Of course, it would be ideal if Yeti opened back up shop so I can get some really great stands.

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'd prefer if they reissue their simple clear stand. The Variable Stand is great but I think the display options are limited because I don't want more than a couple of my valks to be displayed attached to a launch arm. Of course, it would be ideal if Yeti opened back up shop so I can get some really great stands.

I don't use the claw arm.

I have the simple stand and that one is extremely limited. 

I need more Yeti stands too, especially for Bandai stuff. 

Edited by Lolicon

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I don't use the claw arm.

I have the simple stand and that one is extremely limited. 

I need more Yeti stands too, especially for Bandai stuff. 

Yeah but the arm is still grey. It just doesn't look good to me when you are trying to display something in action with a black/grey/any solid color arm. Bottom line is yetistand > * and we need him back to help us!:D

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah but the arm is still grey. It just doesn't look good to me when you are trying to display something in action with a black/grey/any solid color arm. Bottom line is yetistand > * and we need him back to help us!:D

Those Yeti stands look pretty nice.  Did they stop making them?

17 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I love the PF 0S.

51008595005_aae8540f7d_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

He temporarily closed shop due to a new job and the supply issue with the pandemic. 

I really hope it's temporary.