Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

You made me look twice...but mail says christmas day ... :lol:

yeah sorry forgot to actually mention the new release date.. sometime I do make me wonder..

so yeah as seti88 said its not xmas day.

Hehe! I must have been tried or something.. i meant to say you said "it was" xmas day, not that "it wasn't".. sorry typo! ;)

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

Shapeways nubs are tracking for a Monday delivery. I will have 12 in white and 12 in black. I don't need them. I just wanted to check their quality.

i got a pair of Yeti's nubs in the mail today.

did the repairs:

IMG_0080_zpstsmstxrc.jpg

good as new

IMG_0081_zpsnxvanms6.jpg

awesome nubs! perfect fit, i tested extending the legs, moved it in every angle extensively, it will not pop out!

yeti sent me one of his monster stickers too :)

IMG_0082_zpsomort68v.jpg

now yoshii has a new friend to play with

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i got a pair of Yeti's nubs in the mail today.

did the repairs:

IMG_0080_zpstsmstxrc.jpg

good as new

IMG_0081_zpsnxvanms6.jpg

awesome nubs! perfect fit, i tested extending the legs, moved it in every angle extensively, it will not pop out!

yeti sent me one of his monster stickers too :)

IMG_0082_zpsomort68v.jpg

now yoshii has a new friend to play with

Good job! I can't even tell that the leg was opened. The seam looks perfect.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Good job! I can't even tell that the leg was opened. The seam looks perfect.

thanks!

for those who didn't follow the thread, the leg repaired was the right leg, (left side in photo behind yoshii)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I will probably need a few sets just in case. I haven't noticed any problems with my VF-0A, then again I opened it, took pics of it in its 3 modes. It went back to fighter mode where it has remained that way since.

With the upcoming 0S, I'll want to take pics with the 0A and OS together. I guess I'll find out if there are any problems.

Edited by Saburo

I guess with all the fuss about the 0A, they sent someone to China for final inspection for the 0S though they probably do that anyways. Hope they work those hips hard!

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/671605850327244805

I thought it was a mass produced Bird human head at first. Lol.

CVIF9evUwAEWWsu.jpg

Look at all those heads!

CVIF9ivUAAAYLxx.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

I guess with all the fuss about the 0A, they sent someone to China for final inspection for the 0S though they probably do that anyways. Hope they work those hips hard!

CVIF9evUwAEWWsu.jpg

Look at all those heads!

CVIF9ivUAAAYLxx.jpg

They're evidently so very diligently doing final inspection on the wrong part with those pics...

as per translated..

[-Views from China ~] more recently had traveled to China in charge of our development "Ishizuka"! Soon VF-0S will be released final inspection! It works hard to make better products! A bit more to your fingertips! Please stay tuned! #マクロス ※ Only one Chinese gourmet Photo

Normally they dont go to the extent of tweeting half assembled products, so hopefully they are more serious abt QC...otherwise its just promotional damage control.

Of course, the final proof is in the pudding.

as per translated..

[-Views from China ~] more recently had traveled to China in charge of our development "Ishizuka"! Soon VF-0S will be released final inspection! It works hard to make better products! A bit more to your fingertips! Please stay tuned! #マクロス ※ Only one Chinese gourmet Photo

Normally they dont go to the extent of tweeting half assembled products, so hopefully they are more serious abt QC...otherwise its just promotional damage control.

Of course, the final proof is in the pudding.

Yeah.

Fail at color.

Fail at QC by checking and posting pics of parts with no known issue instead of actual specific part with known issue.

Fail at PR damage-control...

Edited by treatment

CVIF9evUwAEWWsu.jpg

PO Cancelled! It's the wrong shade of white! :lol:

PO Cancelled! It's the wrong shade of white! :lol:

Not to mention the tray is the wrong shade of blue!! :lol::lol:

Yeah.

Fail at color.

Fail at QC by checking and posting pics of parts with no known issue instead of actual specific part with known issue.

Well, even in baseball you have 3 strikes....play ball! :p

its a tightrope though...

Edited by seti88

Yeah.

Fail at color.

WTF are you talking about? The color is fine. And they've provided photographic evidence of going back to the Yamato-style QC and you're still in here trolling. Just get out of the thread, you've been nothing but an a-hole this whole time. You don't like Arcadia, we get it, now frakk off.

looking at image 2 intently, for all the good that's gonna do. All the leg parts laid out, i cant tell if they reshaped the half ball tho. it looks a little tapered on the flat side now. I cant tell. What say you folks?

It's too small for me to really notice but it's good to know they're going over this whole process right there with the workers again.

It is suppose to be released this month, correct? If they did see something they didn't like they would have to delay the release. Not sure how likely that is. This seems more like a field trip, but interesting never-the-less.

My guess is that they are trying to determine if the failures on the 0A could be solved in the manufacture process or by doing a quick test while building rather than changing a part. Put the ball in the socket, screw, is there a gap? Put it aside, it's no good, try the next one.

Edited by jenius

More pics from Arcadia's twitter.

seems they are aware of the leg/hip issue as those are the right parts laid out there to be showing. hopefully whatever fix they put in place works. honestly....i think all they need to do is fix the ball half size and/or shape. its a VERY simple part. you could hard tool that (on a separate mold of course and at a cost of a few thousand bucks in china) in less than 2 weeks time. lets hope they did retool that and ALSO that we dont' get any old versions mixed in the build. if they have any quality systems at all that would be a very amateiur mistake to make.

WTF are you talking about? The color is fine. And they've provided photographic evidence of going back to the Yamato-style QC and you're still in here trolling. Just get out of the thread, you've been nothing but an a-hole this whole time. You don't like Arcadia, we get it, now frakk off.

WTF are you talking about?

WTF are you be a sensitive prick all of a sudden?

My guess is that they are trying to determine if the failures on the 0A could be solved in the manufacture process or by doing a quick test while building rather than changing a part. Put the ball in the socket, screw, is there a gap? Put it aside, it's no good, try the next one.

They can go further and provide some quick video of testing the part with the issue.

That would be great, and could easily side-step the hip issue. That, and the use of little/no glue on the hip ball.