Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

does the poll require you to own both 0D and 0A to vote? I only own a 0D with no issue but was not able to cast vote. Just wondering if it's because I didn't answer all question. I didn't answer all question because there was not option for 0 when asked about how many 0As I own.

Ah. Good point. I can add that option.

i felt the force on the right leg ball joint. i didn't even try to extend it. as some of you described the ball joint wasn't moving freely and all of sudden the leg came off without much force. i knowingly applied careful and little pressure knowing the symptoms. but it came off without much force. looks like i need to repair me leg.

If you can, take a picture of your legless VF-0A and tweet it to Mr.K. Let Arcadia know that this design is not working. While they probably won't do anything for us on our 0As at least they might catch it on the 0S. I won't hold my breath though.

And yes I may have to grab a guitar pick or a plastic part separator for gunpla.

I got a response from Mr. k on twitter about the VF-0S:

@(null): @MonishB @ARCADIA_Co_Ltd We apologize to you. About the hip has improved a bit, so some good.

Is that from Google translate? Is he saying that it is fixed moving forward? VF-0S?

Guest davidwhangchoi

If you can, take a picture of your legless VF-0A and tweet it to Mr.K. Let Arcadia know that this design is not working. While they probably won't do anything for us on our 0As at least they might catch it on the 0S. I won't hold my breath though.

And yes I may have to grab a guitar pick or a plastic part separator for gunpla.

i don't have a twitter or facebook account been avoiding social media intentionally. i'll take a shot of mine later and post it here when i get in. i think mr. k got the message from his latest response. ^_^ i doubt he'll send any replacement parts overseas since its not supposed to be sold here and he'll prob respond that but i know they will take care of JYP residents

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, i just got a response from my contact, i have 2x roys preordered for 28000yen ea. but i got them cancelled. good prices but too much drama to deal with.

Is that from Google translate? Is he saying that it is fixed moving forward? VF-0S?

translated from Bing I think

Likely what I guess so as well he's taking about the VF-0S since I mentioned I cancelled mine. Some improvement likely translates to we may still have issues.

I just read the tweets between Mr.K, Anubis, MonishB, and SuperHobo. From what I've understand on Mr.K's reply mentioning the Ghost Booster tabs over the VF-0 is that those were designed with the Reactive Armor in mind. Making the Ghost Booster just fit somehow is an added bonus. And the hip problem is somewhat getting a fix(?) for the VF-0S release. Either way, I'm still going get coz I WANT that Reactive Armor. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I messaged amiami when it happened. They told me they weren't going to help, and that I should file an insurance claim through Japan Post. They told me there is no way that it was faulty from Arcadia, and that it was somehow damaged during shipping causing the leg to come off. I suppose your best bet is to be Japanese, and live in Japan.

That is their standard go to. It's the same crap they tried to pull on me with the YF-19 wing issue.

post-15116-0-51314200-1447739548_thumb.jpg

I twitted to Mr K as well, mentioning the non-fit ball and glue with pictures!

And he replied as you can see in the pic!

Well folks, up to you to decipher mrK's reply on the 0s!!....

btw its amazing.........

1) I can even reach to someone specific in in a corporation far away with a detailed explaination on a particular problem.

2) The fact that i can explain in english and obtain a reply in japanese and get it translated.

compared to pre millennia this was never an option to the ordinary man on the street....

Use tech wisely gen x,y or whatever alphabet there is! :D:D

Edited by seti88

So that's a pretty blatant statement right? "In the 0S are corrected." So, now the question really just comes down to "do you believe it"? I'm keeping my preorder. The truth is, I never wanted a 0A Shin custom and wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for my website but I DO want a 0S. I wish there was some way I could get it and do a quick review and confirm for everyone that the leg is fine but I'm not sure how I'd be able to accomplish that since 1) the leg isn't the friendliest thing to open and 2) everything might look exactly the same but the manufacturer will have assembled it slightly different to resolve the issue.

attachicon.gifvf-0s-fix.jpg

I twitted to Mr K as well, mentioning the non-fit ball and glue with pictures!

And he replied as you can see in the pic!

Well folks, up to you to decipher mrK's reply on the 0s!!....

btw its amazing.........

1) I can even reach to someone specific in in a corporation far away with a detailed explaination on a particular problem.

2) The fact that i can explain in english and obtain a reply in japanese and get it translated.

compared to pre millennia this was never an option to the ordinary man on the street....

Use tech wisely gen x,y or whatever alphabet there is! :D:D

Pretty neat some of you are getting responses. We'll see how the 0S does.

So that's a pretty blatant statement right? "In the 0S are corrected." So, now the question really just comes down to "do you believe it"? I'm keeping my preorder. The truth is, I never wanted a 0A Shin custom and wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for my website but I DO want a 0S. I wish there was some way I could get it and do a quick review and confirm for everyone that the leg is fine but I'm not sure how I'd be able to accomplish that since 1) the leg isn't the friendliest thing to open and 2) everything might look exactly the same but the manufacturer will have assembled it slightly different to resolve the issue.

Gonna be a "wait and see" situation. If there is even one person on MW that has an 0S with a leg pop off, there will undoubtedly be more out there in circulation.

Express shipping would help getting it in fast? It would be awesome if you could get it up to review as all eyes would be on it..

I guess the verdict would be if it survives a few transformations in a row, without detachments..

Great effort by the way, with all the reviews ...helps to clear the landmines B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

I doubt its been fixed just due to last minute they probably have the suckers made. Mr. K is just sending out confusing messages or likely the translator is just wrong.

i'm going to go 100% on this, unless he delays the release date, it's most likely going through the same random QA inspection they did for the 0a/d after the factory already assembled them. if there's a deloay then there's a chance Arcadia is serious about correcting the problem.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i'm going to go 100% on this, unless he delays the release date, it's most likely going through the same random QA inspection they did for the 0a/d after the factory already assembled them. if there's a deloay then there's a chance Arcadia is serious about correcting the problem.

Tochiro did say they knew about the problem. Perhaps that response is actually an admission they did know and they've corrected something. A lack of delay isn't necessarily an indication they didn't fix something. Or course, he could also be blatantly lying on Twitter too.

I don't hate Arcadia for making a flawed product, beyond that they should have done more extensive testing on a transforming toy. If you add a feature like extending leg joints you need to test it rigidly, because I'm sure that is factored into their price.

It's just an unfortunate fact that US fans are double screwed if we choose to take the leap of faith.

Obviously MR K isn't going to go on twitter and point out that it's fixed if nobody mentions it was broken, but maybe they already knew from testing and didn't want to take a hit by not selling their stock. Very hard to say.

I think they should release a free fix on their website and offer to mail it out to customers.

At any rate, A PO isn't warranted. I'll wait for a review, though some reviewers don't even hint on issues like this. I don't know if it is because they are getting free crap from distributors or just don't want to make Arcadia look bad. I'm Glad Jenius is in the trenches.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Tochiro did say they knew about the problem. Perhaps that response is actually an admission they did know and they've corrected something. A lack of delay isn't necessarily an indication they didn't fix something. Or course, he could also be blatantly lying on Twitter too.

well, i'm sticking to the 100% doubt it plus a leg until i see proof. Pre orders were aleady canned. I had them at about 225 a piece too.

It doesn't make sense that Mr. K would lie about the problem. I think what Tochiro wrote is probably closer to the truth. On Twitter, people casually ask for details, or answers to questions that are not supposed to be public knowledge. Mr. K has to balance the subtlety of sharing what he can with the fact that there are customers who have expensive broken toys.

The best that we can do is to rely on the reviews of the VF-0S and verify that the fixes are good and the quality has improved.

Apart from that, we should do what Gakken recommended, and look to the retailers. If more of them had customer-friendly return policies, then Arcadia would have a better sense of these issues, as well.

Apart from that, we should do what Gakken recommended, and look to the retailers. If more of them had customer-friendly return policies, then Arcadia would have a better sense of these issues, as well.

Thus why I've gone almost exclusively with HLJ for Arcadia stuff.