Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Hey Saburo, I might be wrong but looking at your pics, it seems your 0A head laser does not point completely straight either. It's more noticeable when the laser if folded all the way forward and comparing the width of the gaps on each side. Can you confirm? I'm trying to verify if this is a common issue.

Did they mold the landing gear doors in different colors than the hinges? Or is one piece painted and the other is bare plastic?

From what it looks like the hinges are bare plastic.

Hey Saburo, I might be wrong but looking at your pics, it seems your 0A head laser does not point completely straight either. It's more noticeable when the laser if folded all the way forward and comparing the width of the gaps on each side. Can you confirm? I'm trying to verify if this is a common issue.

I had not noticed it till you pointed it out, here is a pic I took with the laser pointed forward on the head. Its angled to the right.

5426A18E-B20C-4056-BA40-8A275C056195_zps

Edited by Saburo

@saburo awesome old yammie 0s new arcadia 0a together in the pic. ;)

cant wait till you have it with the new 0a.

speaking of which looks awesome in promo pics http://masterfileblog.jp/news/2015/08/28/6385.html

however i am bugged abt the promo pics having UN Spacy on legs and fuel pods but probably not in actual....as per the 0A promo pics as well... :rolleyes:

I had not noticed it till you pointed it out, here is a pic I took with the laser pointed forward on the head. Its angling to the right.

Thanks, Saburo. That looks exactly like mine. Between yours, mine and spanner's, I guess it's pretty much safe to say that this is a common issue. I'm not sure if all the 0As out there are like this, but if so, it's probably a defect with the mold or something rather than a mistake in the actual assembly.

OK so looking at the pics, it looks like a lot of people have the angled head laser and I also notice in the pic above the backpack looks like it could be a problem too. We also have the problem of the leg socket part being glued in causing the leg to pop off during transformation.. C'mon Arcadia, I know they can do better than that. I wish they would have tampo printed the modex numbers on the wing and the vstab.

Mine arrived today. Head laser also pointing to the right. No biggie. I love this better than the 0D.

11017513_10153228302702861_3440673606566

even after a full transformation to battroid and back to fighter didn't help anything align any better especially the tailplane / backpack section which still doesn't sit flush with the rear upper fuselage.. Its not anywhere near as bad as pictured here but its acceptable nonetheless.

The other thing is the upper leg section still don't want to sit up under the upper forward fuselage closely enough when back in fighter mode and having another look at the head laser there really isn't any way of straightening it either. But the rest of the Valk and the improvements and inclusions they made over the Zero-D more than make up for it!

Edited by spanner76

even after a full transformation to battroid and back to fighter didn't help anything align any better especially the tailplane / backpack section which still doesn't sit flush with the rear upper fuselage.. Its not anywhere near as bad as pictured here but its acceptable nonetheless.

The other thing is the upper leg section still don't want to sit up under the upper forward fuselage closely enough when back in fighter mode and having another look at the head laser there really isn't any way of straightening it either. But the rest of the Valk and the improvements and inclusions they made over the Zero-D more than make up for it!

I noticed that the separation of the upper legs from the fuselage happens when you straighten out the nose/cockpit area. One of the issues I read about the v1 series is that the nose droops when picked up. They've addressed this issue on the v2 as it holds it up better, but it's still not perfectly straight. If you really work on making the nose as straight as possible (meaning you don't leave any gap in front/behind the heatshield), it forces the legs to separate a little bit.

I'm not sure if this is a transformation issue on my end, but my 0D has this same problem.

The legs dropping is just a repeated issue from the first version, because they never fixed the base issue: the legs just have no solid attachment point to the metal chest plate. And the tolerances between the nose and legs are off just enough that forcing the legs into the chest plate bends it downward.

I was really hoping that they would have done something about this on the 0D, but nope. It uses the exact same shape as the original, with the same original problem. The rest of the figure is just built better so it's not such a huge deal, but it's still disappointing.

Edited by Chronocidal

The legs dropping is just a repeated issue from the first version, because they never fixed the base issue: the legs just have no solid attachment point to the metal chest plate. And the tolerances between the nose and legs are off just enough that forcing the legs into the chest plate bends it downward.

I was really hoping that they would have done something about this on the 0D, but nope. It uses the exact same shape as the original, with the same original problem. The rest of the figure is just built better so it's not such a huge deal, but it's still disappointing.

it certainly is unfortunate that not all issues could be corrected but I'd say Arcadia only had a small window of opportunity (or budget) to correct / improve only a few things. Yes some things are a little disappointing but overall im content how the Zero-A turned out.

I really like the knee joint filler triangles for fighter mode and the fold out upper shoulder fillers for battroid are a nifty addition! oh and the corrected gunpod stow position!

As 505 mentioned, compared to the original Yamato releases which were a fragile floppy mess to the new Arcadia version they are pretty much chalk and cheese.

And who knows we might even get one or two minor improvements with the Zero-S.. but I wouldn't go holding your breath for too long on that happening..

Edited by spanner76

Get both sizes, mixing up the arm heights on the same base allows for great banking poses

Hey thanks mate! Yeah the flight pose stands are good. They dont have the flexibility of the Yeti which can achieve far more radical poses but they are still good. As sreichma said you can mix up the arm lengths which is handy too! Some people have had issues with the tips of the arms sticking to the valks and in some cases paint coming off but i personally haven't had an issue. It might come down to climate conditions..

Thanks, guys! I think I'll buy a set, but will first look more into the paint removable issue as mentioned.

Will we avoid the leg problems if we simply do not splay the legs out when transformed?

I would say it depends. If the plastic part of the ball joint is glued in place, you could risk detaching the leg by rotating it in any direction.

Sharing VF-0A love during the labor weekend. :wub: Sorry about the picture quality.

By the way, not sure if I already mentioned this but the missile pods and tanks from the Ghost Booster set is pretty loose since the hard point peg holes from the Arcadia release is bigger. The only thing that really fits from that set is the Ghost itself though you just really need to squeeze the Ghost canards in. Last I checked, there's no stress marks on my Ghost canards. I'm loving the Ghost on the VF-0's. ;)

21238311135_075e05b238_b.jpg

21051472489_e1ca17e621_b.jpg

21227869242_ce975e7739_b.jpg

21212065256_be646e155a_b.jpg

21050398698_a1a7c5048a_b.jpg

21050398838_6b0bb9166e_b.jpg

21246292381_e21f06bf47_b.jpg

20617195163_0c24cb4f47_b.jpg

21238311895_6704359dc4_b.jpg

Note here that the metal bar at the back is not straight and locked towards the body when the Ghost Booster is mounted. And don't try to lock it in, you might damage the backpack.

20617195463_5df8a5c011_b.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Fantastic photos Noel!!! B))

Quality is great! :D

The Zero looks awesome with the booster and sitting next to the VF-4!

Thanks Spanner! Yeah, I love to pose it with the VF-4G. Love the neutral colors on this two. ;)

Very nice shots! Did you use anything to fill in the connection points like paper? My CFT missiles are loose.

Thanks wmkjr. ;) For the one besides the Ghost, yup, I did wrap it in tape in Battroid mode. Actually, that's the major gripe I have. I mean, Arcadia already decided to use the Ghost sets for this release, I just hope that they matched all the pegs for it. I also saw some negative comments from the Japanese market via Twitter about it. It would have been perfect if all the tanks and pods fits. :unsure:

The 0A looks incredible with the Ghost Booster on, no3ljm! Great stuff!

Thanks abbdon. ^_^ I don't regret buying the Ghost months ago prior of VF-0A release, even the pods and tanks doesn't fit perfectly. Hahaha! :lol:

Thanks Spanner! Yeah, I love to pose it with the VF-4G. Love the neutral colors on this two. ;)

Thanks wmkjr. ;) For the one besides the Ghost, yup, I did wrap it in tape in Battroid mode. Actually, that's the major gripe I have. I mean, Arcadia already decided to use the Ghost sets for this release, I just hope that they matched all the pegs for it. I also saw some negative comments from the Japanese market via Twitter about it. It would have been perfect if all the tanks and pods fits. :unsure:

Thanks abbdon. ^_^ I don't regret buying the Ghost months ago prior of VF-0A release, even the pods and tanks doesn't fit perfectly. Hahaha! :lol:

Well since they're working on the Reactive Armor, they might do a proper ghost for the zeros down the line (well one can hope so).

I hadn't noticed your 4G! Nice purchase! That's my next grail item to hunt, after finally getting an 11C.

I would say it depends. If the plastic part of the ball joint is glued in place, you could risk detaching the leg by rotating it in any direction.

Thanks for the answer! Do you know if the glue issue is on all of them or just some? (I'd got the impression that it was across the board)

Thanks for the answer! Do you know if the glue issue is on all of them or just some? (I'd got the impression that it was across the board)

I have no idea how widespread the issue is, although mine was afflicted.

Well since they're working on the Reactive Armor, they might do a proper ghost for the zeros down the line (well one can hope so).

I hadn't noticed your 4G! Nice purchase! That's my next grail item to hunt, after finally getting an 11C.

Hey abbadon. Thanks. Actually that's my first VF-4G from Kanedas Bike. I'm waiting for my 2nd one that I bought from FromJapan last week. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. ;)

I'm also guessing they will do a Ghost renewal too. The holes can't be that off on purpose right? :unsure:

No! No Ghost renewal! After I've spent $140 for it. Wait, was it 120 or 130? Hahaha! :lol:

The legs on mine have a full range of movement without anything coming off.

Also the head laser is totally straight.

No issues yet with mine, aside from paint scratches. >_<

Wait. Are all head laser on some of the guys are crooked? Didn't notice that. Have to check it later. I haven't tried and checked on the legs esp the hip joints. Kinda scared to pull it. :ph34r: Hahaha! :lol:

Paint scratches, none so far. But I have to watch out for the contacts between the metal bar and the wings in Battroid mode.

Edited by no3ljm

Am I mistaken in remembering a post where Mr. K was quoted as saying there would be no ghost booster re-release? With the thinner chest, it really seems like they should.

That's what I remember too, Yeti. It's the reason why I bought one of the remaining ones posted in Amazon months ago. ;)

Thanks! As always, great review. ;)

I have not cracked one out of it's box yet, but I do have a spare "A" Ghost that I think would look pretty good on the VF-0A. Has anyone posted pics of that set up? Mine has been sitting in my display case for years with nothing to ride on lol. I did not care to put it on my Yamato VF-0A CF, and my Yamato A/S's came with the grey ghosts in the box.

Edited by Loop