Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Hold on.... Is that a VF-1A cannon fodder (battroid) and VF-1A Shin (Fighter) in the pic or are they both the Shin version and it's just the lighting that makes the fighter seem so white? I don't care if I get a cannon fodder or a Shin version, I just want a nice mid-tone grey, not the off white the Shin seems to be headed for. For that matter is a VF-1A cannon fodder even confirmed at this point?

Hold on.... Is that a VF-1A cannon fodder (battroid) and VF-1A Shin (Fighter) in the pic or are they both the Shin version and it's just the lighting that makes the fighter seem so white? I don't care if I get a cannon fodder or a Shin version, I just want a nice mid-tone grey, not the off white the Shin seems to be headed for. For that matter is a VF-1A cannon fodder even confirmed at this point?

Shin only. The color for the stripes on the CF is a very dark grey/black. Arcadia is messing really bad with the colors of the valks. I own a YF-19 and the color is way off.

Edited by Froy

Sometimes yes, but I don't know if they paid him to "Over look or Consult" the final results like Yamato did in the past or Bandai did with the VF-19A. I think Arcadia is trying to distinguish themselves from the Yamato variants, but I could be wrong. I still feel the VF-0D is represented in factory fresh paint vs sea salt worn colors that we see in the anime. When looking through the pages of the Hidetaka Tenjin Valkyries books, the parts that are not weathered or faded from the sea salt appear dark blue.

Edited by Loop

Sometimes yes, but I don't know if they paid him to "Over look or Consult" the final results like Yamato did in the past or Bandai did with the VF-19A. I think Arcadia is trying to distinguish themselves from the Yamato variants, but I could be wrong. I still feel the VF-0D is represented in factory fresh paint vs sea salt worn colors that we see in the anime. When looking through the pages of the Hidetaka Tenjin Valkyries books, the parts that are not weathered or faded from the sea salt appear dark blue.

I would like to think that way too, but seeing how pale their YF-19 turned out, I'm not so sure they were going for that effect. It would be inconsistent if they go for a factory fresh color for one valkyrie (VF-0D), and then release another one that looks like the paint has faded (YF-19).

I would like to think that way too, but seeing how pale their YF-19 turned out, I'm not so sure they were going for that effect. It would be inconsistent if they go for a factory fresh color for one valkyrie (VF-0D), and then release another one that looks like the paint has faded (YF-19).

I think that was just a choice of color and shade. Correct me if I am wrong, but Yamato released their original YF-19 in a darker shade, but then when they did a renewal release they lightened the shade that they had chosen originally. With Arcadia I think they did in fact OK that pale shade/color for their YF-19, not saying we all agreed with it. Have you ever seen what happens to paint on cars/vehicles that are exposed to a lot of salt water? I believe that is the effect we are seeing on the Macross Zero OVA. The YF-19 does not look like the paint has faded at all, it looks like it was painted in the shade they chose for that release.

I always felt Arcadia was aiming for the dark blue that is encircled here:

VF-0D_zpsar9lpnck.png

They missed the mark though, but I don't feel like they were trying to sell us a weathered version which would appear in a lighter blue shade with dark blue in some spots. That is why I said they went for a factory fresh paint job, but I agree the shade used is off, but it is a dark blue. The lighter blue parts in the pic are weathered and faded.

Edited by Loop

It was super exciting to see so much Macross Zero news from Arcadia this weekend. I'm looking forward to more pictures/sneek peeks as they come and hope to pre-order the VF-0S soon.

The mass production 0A is very interesting too, and I'll be keeping an eye on future news for that release. Wouldn't it be nice if Arcadia followed Yamato's tradition of adding extra Tampo printing to this in 2016? That would make it an instant pre-order for me.

I like the v0a shin color scheme so far ..it would be something different amongst the valks ...

A valk with light grey/blue naval fighter colours with only a dash of dark blue area...i dont think there is another valk close to it in that color scheme if am not mistaken....

That's odd isn't it! Clearly the animators lacked consistency.. :rolleyes: Maybe the toy will come with several sets at different lengths? Yeah that was weak.. -_-

Looks like some of us will be buying Shapeways replacement head lasers then! :p:lol:

I agree, Spanner. But come to think of it, even the toy makers lacked consistency. Remember the color Blue incident? ;)

News of the Reactive Armor has made me happy. Finally.

Now I can justify buying a VF-0S.

When is 0S going to be up for preorder?

And how much do you predict the reactive armor is going to cost? (got to save)

My last arcadia toy was the VF0-D. Since this and the reactive armor never got made during the Yamato years I feel these are worth buying.

May skip Shin and the Ghost booster though.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker