Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Holy smokes! I've never had this many choices who to buy from:

HLJ: 31,320 JPY

NY: 28,920 JPY

Ami: 29,700 JPY

Since shipping is different for each business, which one should I go with? Also, if I can combine two orders on HLJ how does this factor in?

Feedback please.

Am with anubis here....HLJ is the best.

Paypal's policies are fine if you really want a refund, but Paypal doesnt help you replace the item.

If you have multiple sources for getting one, and no rush to purchase, that can work out well. But with releases the way they are now, by the time you receive your item and discover the problem, you may not be able to get a replacement elsewhere.

I feel like I remember that being an issue for a couple of folks with the Arcadia YF-19, and even HLJ had trouble replacing them due to limited stock, but I don't remember how those issues got resolved.

In the past I would have just said to order two of an item so you have a backup to return if it's broken (or re-sell if it isn't), but prices are getting to where that's not just practical anymore.

Edited by Chronocidal

of course, replacement is not guaranteed by any shop....a replacement item can't be sent if it does not exist....however, A REFUND IS ALWAYS AN OPTION....IF YOU PURCHASE FROM PAYPAL AND HAVE A VALID REASON FOR IT....

Per Paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

Your order arrives, but it's significantly different than it was described

There are a variety of scenarios that meet this condition, for instance:

1. You received a completely different item.
    Example: You purchased a book, but received a DVD.
  2. The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
    Example: The listing said batteries included - but they weren't.
  3. You purchased a specific quantity of an item - but received the wrong amount.
    Example: You purchased five pairs of fuzzy dice, but only received four.
  4. The item was damaged en route to its destination.
    Example: You bought a beautiful antique lamp - and it arrived in pieces.
  5. You received a counterfeit version of the item.
    Example: You purchased a Rolex but received a Faux-Lex.

Of course, you should try to resolve the issue with the seller first, unfortunately, based on several member experiences, some of these shops do not want to even entertain the idea of some kind of fair resolution.....in those cases....if you pay with PayPal.....they have you covered....so don't feel like you have to keep something you are not 100% satisfied with.....

Happy Collecting MacrossWorld!

:)

Guess the question is, if you do get a refund through Paypal after someone isn't willing to replace/refund an item, are you even obligated to return the broken item? Given the option, I'd keep the broken one rather than have nothing at all, since I tend to enjoy repairing stuff.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

don't forget they may threaten and ban your account from shopping there(whichever place) in the future for filing a paypal claim against them :mellow:

paypal will not refund you anything until you provide proof that the item in question has been returned and that it can be verified that it was sent/received (tracking number)....

As for being "banned"....that is a possible outcome.....if enough customers file cases with a particular seller....eventually PayPal will also ban the seller from using PayPal......so ultimately, the seller needs to decide whether to change it's unfair policies when dealing with overseas customers or RISK LOSING OUT ON ALL SALES TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE FACILITATED THROUGH PAYPAL....

I think these sites get away with this nonsense because buyers are just not aware of their rights/protections as buyers via paypal.....take the time to read the services provided to you by paypal....it's worth your time and money.....

Edited by jvmacross

Does anyone have the exact packed shipping weight for the VF-0D(1 or 2 units)? Alternatively, the EMS yen charged from HLJ or any other store. Anime Export has it for a low price and I hope for decent shipping also.

Edited by calubin_175

^ I think it was around 2700 Yen for one VF-0D by EMS -- HLJ only offered that or FedEx options due to the item's value; I'm not absolutely sure, but it was definitely less than 3000 Yen. N-Y's cheapest option on the VF-0A, Registered SAL -- 3300 Yen with an average of 3 weeks+ transit time, for example, costs more than HLJ's EMS pigeonhole which gets you the item in 3-4 days... arbitrary custom delays notwithstanding.

They gotta be issuing ghosts in the future no? How are we gonna color match the slotted tanks if it's not included?

I think Amiami was 6240yen via EMS for 2 0D's

Edited by wmkjr

^ I think it was around 2700 Yen for one VF-0D by EMS -- HLJ only offered that or FedEx options due to the item's value; I'm not absolutely sure, but it was definitely less than 3000 Yen. N-Y's cheapest option on the VF-0A, Registered SAL -- 3300 Yen with an average of 3 weeks+ transit time, for example, costs more than HLJ's EMS pigeonhole which gets you the item in 3-4 days... arbitrary custom delays notwithstanding.

The 3300 yen option from n-y is BOAT,, 3 months, not weeks, lol.,

Here's the total numbers with fast shipping selected ( These are base on the recently released VF-0D )

HLJ: 31,320 JPY + 2980 = 34300
Ami: 29,700 JPY + 4000 = 33700
NY: 28,920 JPY + 4700 = 33620
HLJ and NY is only off by 680 yen. The difference is not worth the saving with comparison to the service.
If you plan to order more than one, or add anything to your order later on, then HLJ will automatically be the cheapest due to their excellent shipping rate and private warehouse (60 day hold option).
I didn't factor in Customs fee because I'm from the USA , but if you're in another country then it's something to consider also.
Edited by F360

Wow, so NY officially has the lowest prices.

I will actually be in Japan in late August, so maybe I could get one from there and save the EMS shipping by bringing it onto the plane. Hopefully I could get one for 30k yen +8% tax. Well, that only saves like 1000 yen, so it won't be worth carrying a heavy toy around the airport.

So what I take from that blog is that they are still working on the coloring as those pics are not the final ones (those are early tests, Mr. K mentioned he forgot the white stripe near the cockpit) and they are soon starting on the box art and packaging.

The 3300 yen option from n-y is BOAT,, 3 months, not weeks, lol.,

I just rechecked and holy crap, you're right, I missed that; the 2-3 week registered SAL is actually 5250 Yen, compared to their 4700 Yen quote for EMS... crazy. N-Y has officially ceased to be a viable option for this Arcadia bird. :wacko:

I preordered one from HLJ. Usually the NY route would be the cheapest because I have to pay 20% on top due to customs. However the hassle free return and the top customer service from HLJ is worth the extra money. In addition NY packages get caught by customs once in a while.

I'm not happy with the price. My VF-0D is on the way to me at the moment (going through customs). If I don't like it I'm gonna sell it off and cancel my preorder (again a reason why I ordered from HLJ). I think for the price it should come with the Ghost drone.

I like the dark blue panels on the legs but as far as I understand those are parts from the VF-0D and the actual toy will have a different color.

If they announce a PWS-0X I will probably keep all my VF-0 Valkyries because this is just an awesome add-on set.