Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Let's just hope that a renewal Ghost will be done. Coz the old Yamato ones are so expensive nowadays on second market. Unless Mr.K will announce that you can also use the old Yamato Ghost Boosters on this update VF-0S ala the Fold Booster for the Arcadia's YF-19. If that's going to be the case, pass on the Ghost Boosters. :D

gah...do i love macross zero enough to replace my vf-0s and vf-0a? (mine is an unknown soldier release, the S is the first reissue i beleive...one of my EARLY yamato purchases) if they are planning on doing armor its a must, if not....not sure but these do look awesome...how much more awesome i've not decided yet.

ok that didn't take long....i'm in. the artwork on the boxes is nice for a change too. aside from the vf-1, the vf-0 really is my favorite series of valks...the vf-1 only wins i think due to nostalgia advantage and being the first.

OT: that orguss looks nice but IIRC the price is insane right? or is that another one?

The only ones that I know of are the VMFAT-203 ravens regular blue /yellow tailfin and the low viz version in the Master File.

Got this from a Japanese Blog. The modeller did his own variation using Kurisama's Conversion kit.

attachicon.gifRatatarse_VF0C_Sushi_017-1200x744.jpg

Robodragon and Valhary have VF-0C customs too. Oh, and not wanting to state the obvious, Kurisama.

Holy Hell that looks amazing! I never knew about this - so thanks for the link!!! Well that just put my frown upside down - time to crack out my own spray cans and equipment again :)

Sorry to derail - back on topic - hot damn the 0S looks killer - much mantis-y akin to the animé. I always found the VF-1 and VF-0 (especially the J and S respectively) to be insect like, and feminine.

Can't wait for this release! Fingers crossed the armour comes out too.

Let's just hope that a renewal Ghost will be done. Coz the old Yamato ones are so expensive nowadays on second market. Unless Mr.K will announce that you can also use the old Yamato Ghost Boosters on this update VF-0S ala the Fold Booster for the Arcadia's YF-19. If that's going to be the case, pass on the Ghost Boosters. :D

I'd still want new ghost boosters. My landing gear bay doors are loose and won't stay closed.

Based on this pic from Save the VF-0 ankles appear to share the design of the YF-19/VF-19 ankles:

91-1024x768.jpg

I don't recall if it was already discussed in the 0D thread though.

Yup, we've discussed it. I'm going to knock this thing MASSIVE points if they reuse those broken ankles again for the fourth time.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:lol:

-b.

your yf-19 is in permanent fighter mode -b, we're in the same fear of loosen ankles boat. B))

Edited by davidwhangchoi

your yf-19 is in permanent fighter mode -b, we're in the same fear of loosen ankles boat. B))

Sadly I only have (1) Arcadia YF-19 left, I even sold off the one I took out for display. The (1) I have left is MIB so in that respect you're 100% correct.

^_^

But I will most likely transform the VF-0's. I think because it's so similar to the VF-1 transformation I won't have transformphobia.

-b.

-b.

Thanx : no3ljm,wmkjr & Froy for your replies!!

...I haven't been following the OD thread, that Valkyrie ain't my cup of tea...but the OA!!!

FINALLY we've got gundam MG elbow ROM in an Arcadia toy!!!

VF-0S! Wish really do come true! But it's too early, Arcadia. Thought it will be released next year. Hehehe. :D I'm so going to get super broke this year. Hahaha! :DI just noticed that even VF-0 design is as same as VF-1, they didn't include any option parts for the sides. Anyways, looking forward to VF-0D and VF-0S. By the way, I'm thinking maybe they will leave out the Ghost Booster and just include the Fast Packs like the YF-19 release. What do you guys think? And maybe down the line they will show us the Reactive Armor just by looking on the slots on the hips and legs. Oh well, another wishful thinking and another way to bleed my wallet. ;)

...Yeah if we get option parts with these VF-O's then we could call them standard accessory parts...is it too much to dream for??

Has anybody noticed that the slots on the thighs seem to be used for the stand adapter?

attachicon.gif191-1024x768.jpg

I did notice that. It also looks as though the stand adapter on the new Arcadia VF-0's are going to use the dodecagon post like the SV-51 versus the Yamato tab stand adapters.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

There is one advantage the Zero has over the 19 in this regard. The Gerwalk is more centered/stable so cranking the ankles one way or another might not be such a big problem. I never really had an issue with looseness on the 17 either. The problem is the 19 is so forward heavy plus Yamato/Arcadia didn't give enough of a thigh pivot to get the legs below the body. Not sure how much further you can tuck the legs below the zero however. It will be reviewed along with the rest when I get mine (hopefully I won't be out of town when it arrives.)

Based on this pic from Save the VF-0 ankles appear to share the design of the YF-19/VF-19 ankles:

91-1024x768.jpg

I don't recall if it was already discussed in the 0D thread though.

So the back of the knee joint is diecast now? That's pretty swanky.

...Yeah if we get option parts with these VF-O's then we could call them standard accessory parts...is it too much to dream for??

That's true. I'm dreaming of the Reactive Armor now. ;)

There is one advantage the Zero has over the 19 in this regard. The Gerwalk is more centered/stable so cranking the ankles one way or another might not be such a big problem. I never really had an issue with looseness on the 17 either. The problem is the 19 is so forward heavy plus Yamato/Arcadia didn't give enough of a thigh pivot to get the legs below the body. Not sure how much further you can tuck the legs below the zero however. It will be reviewed along with the rest when I get mine (hopefully I won't be out of town when it arrives.)

Looking forward to your review, Mommar. ;)

So the back of the knee joint is diecast now? That's pretty swanky.

Didn't notice that before. So it's same as YF-19, eh. Wait, VF-0D knee joint should be diecast as well, right? :D

yeah but don't hold your breathe too much in the hope the A & S versions will be that much if at all cheaper than the Zero-D.. Best bet they're gonna be at least 85% or higher of the Zero-D asking price..

Oh I know. Hopefully it's a little less, hopefully. Just that with that money I'd rather get the S than the D. Not both..

Oh I know. Hopefully it's a little less, hopefully. Just that with that money I'd rather get the S than the D. Not both..

I am guessing that they will make the price of the 0S and 0A the same as the 0D.

If they spread the release of their products out well, then I think they should be able to sell well. But if they start cramping the releases together and with their current pricing, I think there will be people who will then have to make a decision on which to buy and which not to. If they release the 0S and 0A together, then I believe some will decide to just buy one. While if they spread it out to let say 3-6 months inbetween the 0S and 0A, then you probably will get people who might buy both of them.