Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

I bought this and just received it. To my horror it turned out to be VF-0D PF. Sincerely hope it was a mix up by the seller and not a bait and switch. I can't imagine how troublesome it's going to be getting this sorted. Hope FJ comes through. 🥲

Atleast it's not the regular VF-0D. That's a major mix up for sure.

If it's the Premium VF-0D, go keep it. :good:;) 

42 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

VF-0D PF has not just tampo but also painting and panel lining. Also the original 0D release had the leg issue. Mainly though I think it's the paint scheme and the delta wing. Even the non PF are going for like $400-450 last I saw.

Does the 0D PF have the leg issue too? 

I usually collect only the hero unit due to lack of space and honestly have no interest in this 0D. I guess I'll see what FJ says and depending on the solution I guess I'll keep it either for trade or sale from you guys' suggestion. 

May i know a fair market rate for the 0D PF in case a trades comes up? 

Edited by eXis10z

22 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Does the 0D PF have the leg issue too? 

There's a less chance that PF 0D will have issues like the regular release of 0D and 0A back in 2015. The PF 0D will have the chest cavity filler and the knee cover in Fighter mode that the regular release doesn't have.

20 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

I usually collect only the hero unit due to lack of space and honestly have no interest in this 0D. I guess I'll see what FJ says and depending on the solution I guess I'll keep it either for trade or sale from you guys' suggestion. 

May i know a fair market rate for the 0D PF in case a trades comes up? 

Last PF 0D sold in YJA back in Feb was Y62500.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

OMG....and this is a bad thing HOW exactly??? The PF 0D is one of if not the best looking Valks ever produced by Yamato or Arcadia. If you don't already have one...I say KEEP IT! :D

^This. The Arcadia PF VF-0D is one of "the" best paint scheme valks released.

I get that you may not be warm and fuzzy about the 0D. You like what you like. But, as you can tell that one is well liked and I would argue may be borderline "grail" status.

If you decide to sell the 0D and get an 0S I can't see how you won't come out at least even. If not ahead.

The 0S despite the potential leg problem (I have three and none of them have it) is one very, very, very fine unit too. Especially the PF. 

Have a question that has probably already been asked.  Does the VF-0D PF have any issues like the reg. version?  I have a PF VF-0S (which is amazing) and wasn't sure if the quality/durability is the same with the PF VF-0D as it is with my PF VF-0S?  In case I want to get one some day.

12 hours ago, sqidd said:

I get that you may not be warm and fuzzy about the 0D. You like what you like. But, as you can tell that one is well liked and I would argue may be borderline "grail" status.

If you decide to sell the 0D and get an 0S I can't see how you won't come out at least even. If not ahead.

The 0S despite the potential leg problem (I have three and none of them have it) is one very, very, very fine unit too. Especially the PF. 

The 0S shouldn’t have the leg problem.  It was corrected after the 0D and 0A releases.

22 hours ago, eXis10z said:

I bought this and just received it. To my horror it turned out to be VF-0D PF. Sincerely hope it was a mix up by the seller and not a bait and switch. I can't imagine how troublesome it's going to be getting this sorted. Hope FJ comes through. 🥲

Hell you got a better deal. If you have no attachment to it at least you can sell it for more than what you paid for it.

I hear you guys and I've been watching reviews for the 0D PF. I agree 0D is the better toy. My desire for the 0S PF still outweighs the 0D. I am also in talks with FJ to resolve this issue. While I still want a 0S and was disappointed for not receiving it after a long anticipation, I am more open to keeping the 0D for the time being until I managed to obtain a 0S. 😀

On 3/21/2022 at 11:04 PM, eXis10z said:

I hear you guys and I've been watching reviews for the 0D PF. I agree 0D is the better toy. My desire for the 0S PF still outweighs the 0D. I am also in talks with FJ to resolve this issue. While I still want a 0S and was disappointed for not receiving it after a long anticipation, I am more open to keeping the 0D for the time being until I managed to obtain a 0S. 😀

i would trade for the Prem- 0D but i want to keep my 2nd 0S PF too.

If i were in your shoes i'd want an 0S first before anything. 

hopefully FJ comes through

9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i would trade for the Prem- 0D but i want to keep my 2nd 0S PF too.

If i were in your shoes i'd want an 0S first before anything. 

hopefully FJ comes through

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 0S PF floating around the auctions right now. 😄

Yes they have replied, if the seller wants it back I will need to return it at their cost. I will lose out on the import tax unfortunately.

Edited by eXis10z

5 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 0S PF floating around the auctions right now. 😄

Yes they have replied, if the seller wants it back I will need to return it at their cost. I will lose out on the import tax unfortunately.

:(that stinks, i just looked on ebay for an 0S PF and it's insane what they're asking. 

As much as I would desire a 0A re-issue. I just couldn't muster the desire or means to sell my two Yamato 0A's w/ Ghost Boosters and replace them with Arcadia's.

I'd want to do it. I just don't think I would. The Yamato's look good enough I suppose.:pardon:

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

As much as I would desire a 0A re-issue. I just couldn't muster the desire or means to sell my two Yamato 0A's w/ Ghost Boosters and replace them with Arcadia's.

I'd want to do it. I just don't think I would. The Yamato's look good enough I suppose.:pardon:

I never really had a problem with the old Yamato releases (outside of their early structural problems, anyhow).  I even prefer the design to a point, even if the newer one is more accurate.  More printed markings on the old one, and I kind of hate the newer style landing gear doors they use with a passion.

Plus, I seriously doubt you're ever going to convince Arcadia to update the ghosts to properly integrate, so you're kind of stuck hanging onto the Yamatos if you want those.

The ghost seems like a low-hanging fruit for Arcadia... it's not a complicated mold so it wouldn't be crazy expensive to make. I think the problem is the new VF-0 toy is so expensive that a bundle would be out of too many people's price range and a standalone offering doesn't seem like it would sell very well. 

I think they should announce a 0A reissue with 0A PF and announce the ghost to follow it like a month later to try to grab some sales that way. 

A 0A PF would be such a dangerous release for me. Have the PF 0D, would probably want the 0A that way, and then my 0S is the odd man out and I'd want it to match the other two. Heaven help me if they figure out a way to PF the 51s.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wait, the Yamato Ghost doesn't fit on the Arcadia VF-0s? I thought they did?

It's not designed to fit, and I think you have to force the canards further than they're meant to go to accomplish it, owing to the narrower body of the updated Arcadia VF-0 mold.

I think some people have done it, but I've never wanted to risk stressing the parts.

14 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It's not designed to fit, and I think you have to force the canards further than they're meant to go to accomplish it, owing to the narrower body of the updated Arcadia VF-0 mold.

I think some people have done it, but I've never wanted to risk stressing the parts.

Thanks for the info. I just looked it up and the Acadia did even come with adapters to fit it but I guess not ideally.

Edited by Slave IV

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Adding the Yamato Ghost to an Arcadia 0A feels wrong. You can make the ghost work but it feels like it would break over time. The add-on weaponry basically doesn't work without thickening up some pegs. 

I don’t mind using some future to tighten things up with the weapons but the other part about feeling like it will break doesn’t sound good. I guess I could say that feedback just saved me some money but either way, that money is going towards more Macross toys in the end.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don’t mind using some future to tighten things up with the weapons but the other part about feeling like it will break doesn’t sound good. I guess I could say that feedback just saved me some money but either way, that money is going towards more Macross toys in the end.

Thanks!

An interesting read from CollectionDX regarding compatibility between Macross VF-0 and Ghost from Arcadia and Yamato respectively.

https://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2015/vf0a_phoenix_shin_kudo_version

36 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

An interesting read from CollectionDX regarding compatibility between Macross VF-0 and Ghost from Arcadia and Yamato respectively.

https://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2015/vf0a_phoenix_shin_kudo_version

That pretty much settles it for me. Thanks! I’m glad I didn’t win a recent auction for that set now. I can live without it or wait to see if Arcadia ever decides to release a new version.