Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Hope you're knocking on wood....

Not sure anyone has reported issues with detachable legs on the 0S . Your 0A, though... Good luck.

I won't make that kinda decisive statement if I were you when it comes to yamakardia.

LoL! Welcome to MacrossWorld, unknown. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm glad to read that you are enjoying these and I love the group photo! I've had good luck with all three of mine, as well--no need to perform any hip surgery to date. I don't know if that will balance the cautionary/negative rhetoric, but there are those of us with good toys out there. My Zero Valkyries are welcome additions to my 1/60-scale collection. I'm excited to see what Arcadia has planned as its next big project after the reaction armor, whether that is more Zero stuff or whether they move on to something new, it's all good to me. ;)

Edited by technoblue

LoL! Welcome to MacrossWorld, unknown. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm glad to read that you are enjoying these and I love the group photo! I've had good luck with all three of mine, as well--no need to perform any hip surgery to date. I don't know if that will balance the cautionary/negative rhetoric, but there are those of us with good toys out there. My Zero Valkyries are welcome additions to my 1/60-scale collection. I'm excited to see what Arcadia has planned as its next big project after the reaction armor, whether that is more Zero stuff or whether they move on to something new, it's all good to me. ;)

Same here....My 2 VF-0S, VF-0A and VF-0D are in excellent condition after several transformations

Edited by Pedro2k6

The issue persisted with enough VF-0D/A's to warrant Arcadia to change the way the hip is coated on the VF-0S, and warrant people brining the issue up to new purchasers. As exciting as it must be to have an unaffected VF-0D/A, please don't pretend like it is not a big deal on figures this expensive. 😉

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The problem really doesn't show up until you extend the hips and try rotating the legs. I had one 0A that i transformed just fine, i extended the hips but didnt rotate the leg and the leg didnt fall off. I sold it and the person that got it extended the hips and everything was fine until he rotated the leg.

The problem really doesn't show up until you extend the hips and try rotating the legs. I had one 0A that i transformed just fine, i extended the hips but didnt rotate the leg and the leg didnt fall off. I sold it and the person that got it extended the hips and everything was fine until he rotated the leg.

That is the reason why I never tried pulling my VF-0's hips whether it's the 0A or the 0S. Don't want to take a risk on breaking them even though I bought Yeti's hip fix before. That's for 'just in case' moment. So for now, mine is still ok. Not saying perfect but still ok until I decided to pull the hips. ;)

That is the reason why I never tried pulling my VF-0's hips whether it's the 0A or the 0S. Don't want to take a risk on breaking them even though I bought Yeti's hip fix before. That's for 'just in case' moment. So for now, mine is still ok. Not saying perfect but still ok until I decided to pull the hips. ;)

Same here, ive pulled the hips on both my 0D and 0A and theyre still good but i just tried to see if the leg would fall out. :lol: No way im rotating those legs with the hip out.

The worst issue on any of my Arcadia VF-0's is my OD knee joint on the right leg is pretty loose and is a pain in Gerwalk, otherwise none of mine have Leg issues. Then again I've never attempted the extension feature, especially after your reviews jenius. Not taking a chance on a $300.00 toy!

I never gonna transform my VF-0A ever again!!! :o

The issue persisted with enough VF-0D/A's to warrant Arcadia to change the way the hip is coated on the VF-0S, and warrant people brining the issue up to new purchasers. As exciting as it must be to have an unaffected VF-0D/A, please don't pretend like it is not a big deal on figures this expensive.

Hm. I don't see the correlation. IMO, if you are confident in your own fixes and your own experience, then the experiences of other members shouldn't be in conflict, even if those experiences are different from your own. No one in this thread is pretending. Everyone realizes that the QC issues are a big deal at this price point. Those of us with good copies are just sharing that they do exist out there in the wild.

Geesh. Can't we support everyone in this thread? ;)

Peace. B))

The hip issue is the most problematic issue, definitely. There were a number of other issues that got annoying too, IIRC:

• The retail color of the 0D did not match Arcadia's initial painted prototype (which most members preferred here at MacrossWorld).
  • The 0D had one of its intake warning markers misaligned.
  • The 0D/0A both had an issue with the heat shield. The sliding metal pin mechanism wasn't flush and could scrape the canopy during transformation.

The one thing that I love about this forum is that most of the hardware defects have well-documented fixes. You can fix the hips following ChaoticYeti's guide. You can also fix the heat shield problem with a flat, thin metal file (and I think this also has a mini-tutorial).

But it is very disappointing that the 0A/0D didn't get the same treatment as the 0S with their own fixed releases, especially when including the 0D's paint/printing issues. I think only capable modelers like wmcheng have been able to tackle correcting those niggles so far.

Edited by technoblue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, mickyg said:

I honestly can't remember if it ever was out of stock at HLJ.  It's never been one I considered in my price range, as much as I LOVE the design.

It went 'out of stock' at HLJ for quite a while. Surprise that it came back. Too bad about the price.

Edited by MAC-X

Yeah, agreed about the price.  I wonder if Arcadia will revisit these with the SV-51 announcement.  You'd think this would spark interest for those holding out on purchasing one because they didn't feel right about paring it with the older, floppier, far more crude panel lined ones of yesteryear.

To all that are wondering if you could make the B and C variants. The answer is yes and no. Depends on the mode. Fighter and Gerwalk are fine. Battroid will be the hard part as the A's cavity cannot accomodate the D's cockpit fully. You can do a C in Battroid and you can kinda cheat a B in battroid but you can still see a little of the cockpit. Anywho's here some pics for one of my projects in the works. You've seen the fighter modes already.20170223_120202.thumb.jpg.8d6d98a9e6f99d57e4baa96c0b8ce19d.jpg20170223_124723.thumb.jpg.8d20cf86219952ecf800308856acf01a.jpg