Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Despite all the flaws, the price was reasonable this time. I was trying to buy it, but I had problems with the page not loading.

I gave up and waited for a few hours and it was too late. It's all right, there might be another version of this VF with all the problems fixed as it is with the VF-0S.

Same here, I was gonna go for it but I think way too many other people had the same idea and overloaded HLJs site.

I'll just wait for the CF VF-0A to release instead. B))

Ok. Just to answer everyone's perception that the VF-0S was somehow perfect in a sense compared to VF-0A. It's not. My first one have a bad ankle joint which I can't display it in Gerwalk mode. Hence my fixed Battroid mode for the upcoming Reactive Armor. The second one I got, after its second transformation, one of the feet burners fell off. I know it's fixable by putting some KrazyGlue. But point is, the VF-0S is still not problem-free. ;)

Ok. Just to answer everyone's perception that the VF-0S was somehow perfect in a sense compared to VF-0A. It's not. My first one have a bad ankle joint which I can't display it in Gerwalk mode. Hence my fixed Battroid mode for the upcoming Reactive Armor. The second one I got, after its second transformation, one of the feet burners fell off. I know it's fixable by putting some KrazyGlue. But point is, the VF-0S is still not problem-free. ;)

I know you just wrote something but I'll I keep seeing is your Avatar. :lol:

I'd like to see Zoe again. Am I s'pose to know who she is, or can I keep hoping she's your girlfriend and may someday hack your account and come chat to us one day?

IMG_6409_zpsbq1t2o5n.jpg

There were a few other things I'm interested with from this sale. Bellerophon, the Wave SDF, MP10 but always get caught up with the new releases...

Oh well missed out on my three squad.

Edited by koonfasa

Whoa mp10 sure went up in price. I got it last year for about 125US. Now the sale price is more expensive than last years regular price.

Back on topic. I wish I could've picked up another 0A for the sale price. It's annoying that the price doesn't stay for the remainder of the sale.

True. They might reissue it next year to coincide with the Reactive Armor release. But, just so you know, if you don't want to get it from Amiami, it's still available at Nippon-Yasan. Or you could try and bid at YJA.

Edited by no3ljm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I finally got to opening my VF-0A and the canopy is cloudy. It looks like the assembler had super glue or solvent residue on his finger when the canopy was installed. I looked through the form and was wondering:

Would using toothpaste remove the cloudy-ness? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

If you pull the canopy, it will go out easily. Try to wash it gently with soap and see what happens.

I don't think there could be such a mistake as manipulating plastic parts with dirty hands in a factory, it is probably some dirt that came during the final assembly step.

I had cloudy canopies to come transparent again with an acrylic gloss spray. Don't try Tamiya's TS 13 (lacquer base), it can melt the paint if applied too thick.

I was actually given this tip by Sentinel, when I received an Armaurader Bellerophon figure from them with cloudy glue residue on the knee joint.

https://www.amazon.com/pledge-Dust-Allergen-Polish-Ounce/dp/B006ZGWQO6

Worked perfectly, and didn't mess with the paint and plastic. Just spray some on a q-tip.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

If you pull the canopy, it will go out easily. Try to wash it gently with soap and see what happens.

I don't think there could be such a mistake as manipulating plastic parts with dirty hands in a factory, it is probably some dirt that came during the final assembly step.

I had cloudy canopies to come transparent again with an acrylic gloss spray. Don't try Tamiya's TS 13 (lacquer base), it can melt the paint if applied too thick.

Washed it with warm water and dish soap, it did not work sadly

I was actually given this tip by Sentinel, when I received an Armaurader Bellerophon figure from them with cloudy glue residue on the knee joint.

https://www.amazon.com/pledge-Dust-Allergen-Polish-Ounce/dp/B006ZGWQO6

Worked perfectly, and didn't mess with the paint and plastic. Just spray some on a q-tip.

I will have to good shopping today. Thanks Yeti!