Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

just got my 3x roy 0s today from hlj/

one of them was used already.

i think it may have been a return from a MW member bc the pins to the canopy were filed down to avoid scratching the canopy. i would've kept it but

bnPXL4th.jpg

the engine fan blades of one of the feet was off and the plastic piece behind the canopy.

YlBhq4Jh.jpg

XsBAHHS.jpgh

the box flap was creased and the plastic tray and items out of place.

already filed for a return.

Sad to hear about that, David. Also, out of curiousity, by looking on the first photo you posted, are all the 3 copies that you have, the legs wouldn't close properly on the backpack slots during fighter mode? The two 0S I have, wouldn't. :unsure:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sad to hear about that, David. Also, out of curiousity, by looking on the first photo you posted, are all the 3 copies that you have, the legs wouldn't close properly on the backpack slots during fighter mode? The two 0S I have, wouldn't. :unsure:

yeah, the legs doesn't lock in fighter mode but maybe the swing bar wasn't lock in, let me fiddle with it some more and i'll see if i can get it locked in.

yeah, the legs doesn't lock in fighter mode but maybe the swing bar wasn't lock in, let me fiddle with it some more and i'll see if i can get it locked in.

Cool! Thanks! ;)

Just so you know, I also did the same thing by checking the swing bars. But everything looks flushed in. The legs will peg in somehow in the backpack slots but once you try to hold it by the legs, like you're going to swoosh it around, it will just pop out from the slots.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Cool! Thanks! ;)

Just so you know, I also did the same thing by checking the swing bars. But everything looks flushed in. The legs will peg in somehow in the backpack slots but once you try to hold it by the legs, like you're going to swoosh it around, it will just pop out from the slots.

ok, i fiddled and it does lock but on my copy, the shoulders, forearms and hands have to be aligned perfectly, if it's slightly off to the right or left, the tail fin backpack will not be able to lock into the legs nicely.

they do once it's right.

ok, i fiddled and it does lock but on my copy, the shoulders, forearms and hands have to be aligned perfectly, if it's slightly off to the right or left, the tail fin backpack will not be able to lock into the legs nicely.

they do once it's right.

Thanks! Will check on my copies again tonight. It's kinda weird at first because right out of the box, those are not pegged in. I thought it was just misaligned and all. Anyways, thanks David! ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks! Will check on my copies again tonight. It's kinda weird at first because right out of the box, those are not pegged in. I thought it was just misaligned and all. Anyways, thanks David! ;)

anytime

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, i opened my brown shipper box of 2x 0s

oekJDfNl.jpg

i checked all three 0s and the 2 were perfect other than the one above.

one major revision for all (3x) vf-0s is Arcadia fixed the metal pins...

the metal pins under the heat shield have been file down REALLY low to the point that the plastic around around the pins have been filed down and have an uneven surface. Arcadia workers then repainted the filed areas with another shade of grey/black that does not match with the original color of the heatshield.

it's dark so i had to use a flash but you can still the filed down plastic and repainted ares around the pins in these close up shots as well as the filed pins making the canopy 100% safe to slide under the heatshield without worry of getting scratched

9ZACf8a.jpg

iXmpq8h.jpg

rvJ9dvN.jpg?1

Edited by davidwhangchoi

anytime

Ok, David, here it is. So I transformed one and this is the one that has no problem with the ankle joints. I tried to squeeze them in but after awhile, the legs still pops off from the peg on the backpack. I aligned everything and I thought at first maybe I didn't plug in properly the peg in the shoulder from the legs. Now, even though everything is aligned, the right leg keeps on popping off from the backpack peg slot. It's not a biggie to me, it's just that I'm not so sure why it does that. :unsure:

post-5552-0-17665700-1461652970_thumb.jpg

Ok, David, here it is. So I transformed one and this is the one that has no problem with the ankle joints. I tried to squeeze them in but after awhile, the legs still pops off from the peg on the backpack. I aligned everything and I thought at first maybe I didn't plug in properly the peg in the shoulder from the legs. Now, even though everything is aligned, the right leg keeps on popping off from the backpack peg slot. It's not a biggie to me, it's just that I'm not so sure why it does that. :unsure:

attachicon.gifvf0s_leg_backpack_peg.jpg

Apologize for jumping in, but i had the same issue at times.

Check your peg above the air intakes. It needs to be locked in tight on both sides and helps maintain the tightness of the leg arm connection.

It also somehow squares off the leg so the tab clicks in. Also check if your tucked in arm's are pushed all the way into the shoulders, so that the arm and leg tabs line up.

It sorted itself after i ensured everything was tabbed in ok.

I thk you would have done that but just a checklist...hope it helps. ;)

Edited by seti88

Apologize for jumping in, but i had the same issue at times.

Check your peg above the air intakes. It needs to be locked in tight on both sides and helps maintain the tightness of the leg arm connection.

It also somehow squares off the leg so the tab clicks in. Also check if your tucked in arm's are pushed all the way into the shoulders, so that the arm and leg tabs line up.

It sorted itself after i ensured everything was tabbed in ok.

I thk you would have done that but just a checklist...hope it helps. ;)

Hey Seti. No worries sir! Thanks for your insight as well. Really appreciate it. Yeah, I also checked everything from the swing bar to the air intakes tabs to the shoulders to the legs. And everything is pegged in. But I will still check everything again tonight if ever. ;)

By the way, I also transformed my other one that has the bad ankle joint to Fighter mode and I still get the same thing. But this one it's the other leg that keeps popping out. :lol:

Hey Seti. No worries sir! Thanks for your insight as well. Really appreciate it. Yeah, I also checked everything from the swing bar to the air intakes tabs to the shoulders to the legs. And everything is pegged in. But I will still check everything again tonight if ever. ;)

By the way, I also transformed my other one that has the bad ankle joint to Fighter mode and I still get the same thing. But this one it's the other leg that keeps popping out. :lol:

I think the way the backpack folds straight also matters in how well the legs lock in, good luck!

I think the way the backpack folds straight also matters in how well the legs lock in, good luck!

Thanks! But like I said everything is straight somehow, backpack included, so I'm not sure what really causing one leg to pop off during swooshing time. The only thing I could think of is maybe one leg is not built straight or somehow not aligned properly by the knee joint assembly. I'm just assuming here. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

i saw the picture and it's definately the way your legs are sitting in relation to the arms:

to get things adjusted:

• first temporarily to drop the fore arms down out of the way and connect the legs to the backpack piece tabs without the arms and by the intakes on both your 0s. you'll find that fine adjustments need to be made to the angle of the backpack to be seated correctly with the legs.
  • second disengage the legs by the intake by the head turret. you must fiddle with where the ball joint extenders by the hip swing par need to be re aligned. pushing the legs at ball joint hip bar extenders inwards tends to widen the gap by the feet. try extending the hip joint slightly as that will narrow the gap in the back. make sure the hip bar is also locked and even.
  • next put back in the arms and make sure the rotating shoulder joints seated are even. it's possible to have them looking aligned from the outside but the shoulder joints are not fully pushed in on both sides which will angle the arms to one side making that gap as you pictured. fiddle with it until it's lined up: next fiddle with the backpack seated in relation with the arms.
  • once you have the hip ball joints extenders lined up plus with the shoulder joints, the backpack seated at the correct angle resting on the forearms, you should have the legs tab in correctly.

Thanks! But like I said everything is straight somehow, backpack included, so I'm not sure what really causing one leg to pop off during swooshing time. The only thing I could think of is maybe one leg is not built straight or somehow not aligned properly by the knee joint assembly. I'm just assuming here. ^_^

Just make sure the way it folds give you the best angle, and the way the backpack exhaust cover is not pushing against the arms too much. I had a similar issue where the leg would pop out and resolved it by making sure the backpack was in the best position and did not resist getting pegged to the leg. Fingers not folded properly could also make the fit difficult, but you probably got it covered.

i saw the picture and it's definately the way your legs are sitting in relation to the arms:

to get things adjusted:

• first temporarily to drop the fore arms down out of the way and connect the legs to the backpack piece tabs without the arms and by the intakes on both your 0s. you'll find that fine adjustments need to be made to the angle of the backpack to be seated correctly with the legs.
  • second disengage the legs by the intake by the head turret. you must fiddle with where the ball joint extenders by the hip swing par need to be re aligned. pushing the legs at ball joint hip bar extenders inwards tends to widen the gap by the feet. try extending the hip joint slightly as that will narrow the gap in the back. make sure the hip bar is also locked and even.
  • next put back in the arms and make sure the rotating shoulder joints seated are even. it's possible to have them looking aligned from the outside but the shoulder joints are not fully pushed in on both sides which will angle the arms to one side making that gap as you pictured. fiddle with it until it's lined up: next fiddle with the backpack seated in relation with the arms.
  • once you have the hip ball joints extenders lined up plus with the shoulder joints, the backpack seated at the correct angle resting on the forearms, you should have the legs tab in correctly.

Just make sure the way it folds give you the best angle, and the way the backpack exhaust cover is not pushing against the arms too much. I had a similar issue where the leg would pop out and resolved it by making sure the backpack was in the best position and did not resist getting pegged to the leg. Fingers not folded properly could also make the fit difficult, but you probably got it covered.

Thanks David and realdeal. ;) I'll check it tonight and follow those instructions. Thank you thank you. ^_^

We should expect Sv-51 reissue to compete with Sv-262 if they decide not to do a v2 of the former.

That tooling is too old and too outdated, and we don't even know if Arcadia acquired them from Yamato... I'm almost positive they did not. Arcadia will need to develop a whole new Sv-51, just as they did with the VF-0s, if they have any intention of capitalizing/expanding on their M0 license and Bandai's eventual Sv-262 DX offering.

That tooling is too old and too outdated, and we don't even know if Arcadia acquired them from Yamato... I'm almost positive they did not. Arcadia will need to develop a whole new Sv-51, just as they did with the VF-0s, if they have any intention of capitalizing/expanding on their M0 license and Bandai's eventual Sv-262 DX offering.

I think it was stated when Yamato went under that Arcadia was able to buy the molds starting with the V2 VF-1 from them. This would exclude the SV-51 I believe.

We should expect Sv-51 reissue to compete with Sv-262 if they decide not to do a v2 of the former.

While I'd love to see a new SV-51 from Arcadia, I'd hate to see the pricetag. LIke others have said, Arcadia likely doesn't have the original molds and all new tooling would be required.

While the SV-262 intrigues me I'd rather have an all new Ivanov, Nora & CF 51 to go up against my Zero fleet.... but that's just me.

Hey David. My 0S looks fine now. I just did the second one on your list which is just extending the hip joint a little bit. Thanks for that. ;)

It's just weird to pull that since I never pulled those hip extender joints to begin with. But now it look all flushed now in fighter mode. :)

Hey David. My 0S looks fine now. I just did the second one on your list which is just extending the hip joint a little bit. Thanks for that. ;)

It's just weird to pull that since I never pulled those hip extender joints to begin with. But now it look all flushed now in fighter mode. :)

Glad everything worked out.

Guest davidwhangchoi

nice, my replacement vf-0s is coming soon as well.