Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Amazing work Lolicon!

I think you forgot to push in the head of the 0S in your fighter pics, the visor should be completely recessed under the nosecone which is another cool improvement over the old Yamato

Whoops! Thanks for the heads up. Was so preoccupied to avoiding scrapes that I overlooked a step.

Fixed. :)

024_zpsbb9sg8fo.jpg

Fighter mode pics. And now I'm done and finally have a VF-0 I'm happy with. :)

011_zps2vu14qab.jpg

And lastly, look at those two Fockers! :D

dang it that looks so friggin hot! :o I wish they came out of the factory like this! :rolleyes: I also wish I had the skill and confidence to do this work to my own Valks! -_-

fantastic work and photos Lolicon! B))

Glad you guys like it. ^_^ I'd like to detail all my valks, but it'll take some years at this rate... :blink:

This can replace the current 0s on the box to make it the weathered edition!

Awesome weathering and pics lolicon! B))B))B))B))

Lol! I wasn't thinking about that when I took that pic, but that's great! I shudder at how much Arcadia would charge for a weathering edition these days. 50k+ yen anyone? :lol:

Lolicon didn't get a 0A too, did he? Because I'll be pissed if I missed out on some pics of his awesome work on one of those.

Nah, you didn't miss anything. I have the 0A but have not worked on it yet. Maybe I'll do it next, after I finish buffing out the canopy scrape. <_<

Very nice work lolicon! Nice to see the bandai old frontier kits didn't totally ruin your creativity. Keep em coming!

Hehe thanks. I grew to really dislike those Bandai kits. I could have probably finished 3 or 4 Hasegawa kits in the time it took me to do 1 Bandai kit. Wish Hasegawa had the Frontier license back then!

Got myself a VF-0A. Will check out this hip problem thing people talk of.

And to all those that get busted up toys. Ethics my butt. If you got a dud just get it replaced, and let the manufacturer take the loss.

You are the good guy for punishing poor worksmanship and forcing companies to not release crap that is over priced. In fact I think you are actually the bad guy for choosing NOT to replace the toy with one that isn't defective. Because if you don't complain and don't do anything, it actually encourages them to do it again instead of fixing it. (you have they toy collector equivalent of "battered wife syndrome" AKA "Stokholm syndrome" where you don't like the abuse but still sympathises with them instead of the suffering of the victims)

They know you are easy to please and won't care if they don't improve next time since it won't affect them financially. Speaking/voting with your money is how you deal with them. It's the old saying of "money talks, bullshit walks" In the case of macross collectors you gave the money expecting quality, so pulling it away when you don't get that, sends a positive message to them that you don't want poor build quality and that there is no market for overpriced stuff that is built to break easy.

If you pay high price then you should demand premium build quality. Now I know a lot of you will disagree with my opinion (I am open minded and willing to be convinced that I am wrong when I see evidence proving it) but in all civilised nations this is the law of the land and the standard most people on planet earth go by.

If you get ripped off, you actually WANT that company to fail until it stops sucking, and then the reward for not sucking is good reputation and good will. I'm not talking about the legal system and how it differs between one country to another and technical crap. I am talking about good business-customer relations. If it was a member to member selling something that has poor craftmanship and one guy gets ripped off you can bet the community will complain about that guy's behavior for not supplying quality or overcharging when it comes to seller recommendations. The same should apply to toy companies too. (it's also a good idea if you review toys to let the audience know things like how much it cost so they can rate the quality-to-cost ratio of the item)

Now that I have offended the fanboys who want to bend over for their fave toy companies rather than just give praise when it is merited like normal people do... I'd just like to end this post by saying "bring on the reactive armor already!"

This is really the most exciting release for mac zero toys since the other stuff apart from the 0D was done a long time ago. With only 1 new toy a year release, the wait between releases is agonizing.

Hopefully if the sales of this go good, they might revisit VF-11C from macrsoss 7 and see if they can do the full armor. I loved that but it was never done by yamato. Cannon fodder valks always get screwed thanks to dying all the time onscreen...

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Oh and on my way to saving up for VF-0S soon. Probably get one in about a week from now. If it breaks, then I will be pissed but hopefully it has all the fixes. Don't really care about ghost boosters and other accessories like that. I thought the idea of putting a drone on the back of a fighter plane that can only stay in the air for 30mins is a bit silly to be honest. The extra weight only slows it down doesn't it? VF-0 still uses conventional engines so you'd probably be more deadly if the drone fought seperately from the valk and fly independently to attack by itself.

Maybe in space it might not matter so much but in the air I don't see what benefit it had by having it stick to the back. (makes you an easier target to hit actually)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

While we're talking box art, here's my take on the 0S + Ghost bundle (how we all wish arcadia did one, me included).

While waiting for the RA I guess having the Yamato ghost together brings good vibes to it , loose missiles pods n all :)

post-6467-0-42407300-1454899204_thumb.jpeg

Edited by krazee_k

i think your weathering on these is far better than the weathering on the Arcadia YF-19 Premium Finish edition..

Thanks! I'm glad my labor of love turned out better than the efforts of a disinterested factory worker. :o

And damn! I would gladly have gotten another 0S at that sale price! Already sold out. :(

Darn it... missed it (by quite a bit) - but when its discounted, I might bite again just because its the VF-0S. Thanks for posting deals when you find them.

There is a part of me that is so happy that I ignored the HS email this morning about clearance, because I would have bought a VF-0S in a heartbeat. This way I still have the money in my account. :lol:

Then there's the other part of me that is crying on the inside because I missed a helluva deal.

-b.

There is a part of me that is so happy that I ignored the HS email this morning about clearance, because I would have bought a VF-0S in a heartbeat. This way I still have the money in my account. :lol:

Then there's the other part of me that is crying on the inside because I missed a helluva deal.

-b.

We're on the same boat on this one, b. But don't worry, there will be more in the future for sure. ;)

The good thing is you still have extra $200+ in your account. :rolleyes:

That still wouldn't have helped me :lol:, I bought 2 right off the bat. I have been so abused by the Bandai Shenanigans, that I forgot that I don't have to order the qty I want total on the first go around. All in all though I can't complain if I missed a great deal. I got my birds and that's all that matters :)

Edited by Loop