Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I've opened mine up today for a QC check. Didn't notice anything missing and the hips joints albeit super hard to manipulate didn't got detached from the legs. The missing U.N.SPACY printings on the fast packs and the legs are still a crying shame. I noticed that the inside of the landing gear doors are not painted white. I guess you can make the argument that the plane is already white and it wouldn't gained anything from it painting them but then again the color of the landing gear is so a different shade of white so it is a bit off putting. I got not the best lighting during my inspection (which probably rendered it useless ^_^) So I have to look at it again under better lighting conditions....

...now that I'm talking about it I recognize that I don't know if the inside of the landing gear doors on my VF-0D/A are painted.... shows how much I look at them. To be fair they are in their boxes at the moment waiting for the Frontier Valkyries going into storage.

[edit:] My main gripe with the toys is more psychological. For that money I want the ultimate representation of the design but with the missing paint markings I always got the nagging feeling in my head that some better version will come around and I have to buy them again. That is something I can more easily stomach when it comes to $150 toys but for $300 it is hard to take.

Edited by Scyla

Question: Is there an easy way to flip the "head covers" (those two flaps beside the head located under the cockpit) back into place when transforming to fighter/gerwalk? From the way it's designed, it seems you HAVE to stress the plastic in order to get it squeezed into place. Fortunately the plastic can take being bent a little, but unfortunately this motion also causes the flap to get detached at the joint.

This just looks like a really dumb engineering design, unless I'm not doing it properly.

Question: Is there an easy way to flip the "head covers" (those two flaps beside the head located under the cockpit) back into place when transforming to fighter/gerwalk? From the way it's designed, it seems you HAVE to stress the plastic in order to get it squeezed into place. Fortunately the plastic can take being bent a little, but unfortunately this motion also causes the flap to get detached at the joint.

This just looks like a really dumb engineering design, unless I'm not doing it properly.

I'm glad to see someone else was having this problem. I was so frustrated with this. Anytime you stress the plastic to get it into place it causes the flap to come off. Frickin brilliant.

Something to be wary of, I noticed on mine where the two pointy parts of the bulges on the chest break apart and stick straight up in Battroid mode and then fold back down to meet the back half of the piece (I'm referring to the part that is the front of the 2 part piece that you can replace to hold the Ghost) is very sharp and delicate. Without realizing it, I kinda buggered up the end of mine going back to fighter right on the very tip on both sides, had to remove the tiny buggered up part with an X-acto knife. No biggy, can't even tell anything happened really, just something to watch out for.

Something to be wary of, I noticed on mine where the two pointy parts of the bulges on the chest break apart and stick straight up in Battroid mode and then fold back down to meet the back half of the piece (I'm referring to the part that is the front of the 2 part piece that you can replace to hold the Ghost) is very sharp and delicate. Without realizing it, I kinda buggered up the end of mine going back to fighter right on the very tip on both sides, had to remove the tiny buggered up part with an X-acto knife. No biggy, can't even tell anything happened really, just something to watch out for.

thanks for the headsup!

[edit:] My main gripe with the toys is more psychological. For that money I want the ultimate representation of the design but with the missing paint markings I always got the nagging feeling in my head that some better version will come around and I have to buy them again. That is something I can more easily stomach when it comes to $150 toys but for $300 it is hard to take.

This is exactly my sentiment. I mean how much more does it cost to tampo print those markings?!?!? That's the main reason why I am still sitting on the fence on this VF-0S.

What's worst is I don't want a situation where maybe in future releases or re-issues of the toy to have them. After paying $400, I would be really pissed of if that were to happened.

This is exactly my sentiment. I mean how much more does it cost to tampo print those markings?!?!? That's the main reason why I am still sitting on the fence on this VF-0S.

What's worst is I don't want a situation where maybe in future releases or re-issues of the toy to have them. After paying $400, I would be really pissed of if that were to happened.

Wait for their Limited Weathering Edition release where they'll have more tampo and zero weathering and charge 50,000 yen for it.

I think anticipating updated 'best edition''s of the vf-0 line is sort of a gamble, due to how arcadia would view the line.

As a toy company would you release an updated version of;

1) a toy that already has 2 iterations (yamato/arcadia)

2) a recently released version that is already priced approx 2x per initial iteration...

3) for a series that last screened 14 yrs ago and has a new series anticipated to dominate headlines for the next 2 years..

possibility favors more of limited edition releases like what kajnrig mentioned but yea cant imagine what they would be priced at!

anything is possible tho, but just on the above reasons i thk improvements onto the M0 valk lines would be slim...

new iteration's of the M0 line would at best be at a 25th anniversary level ie 2027! :p

thats just my 2 cents...

p.s. perhaps arcadia will take up the frontier line when bandai is busy with delta hahaha :lol::lol:

I think anticipating updated 'best edition''s of the vf-0 line is sort of a gamble, due to how arcadia would view the line.

As a toy company would you release an updated version of;

1) a toy that already has 2 iterations (yamato/arcadia)

2) a recently released version that is already priced approx 2x per initial iteration...

3) for a series that last screened 14 yrs ago and has a new series anticipated to dominate headlines for the next 2 years..

possibility favors more of limited edition releases like what kajnrig mentioned but yea cant imagine what they would be priced at!

anything is possible tho, but just on the above reasons i thk improvements onto the M0 valk lines would be slim...

new iteration's of the M0 line would at best be at a 25th anniversary level ie 2027! :p

thats just my 2 cents...

p.s. perhaps arcadia will take up the frontier line when bandai is busy with delta hahaha :lol::lol:

Yeah but just imagine how pissed off people would be if Arcadia were to release the VF-0S with tampo printings on their legs in their next re-issue or if they release it with the armour parts? The thought of that alone would put me off buying it now.

I'm a believer of "go big or go home" so I don't understand why can't Arcadia simply tampo print those damm legs? You were so close to perfection Arcadia and you had to blow it.

I've gone cross eyed from trimming No Step stickers. All finished now. Hopefully it looks good... or better than all plain at least. Arcadia's panel lines are... fun... to fill in with a wash.. let's leave it at that!

post-11393-0-63813500-1453590107_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-20045300-1453590149_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-75351000-1453590166_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-55566000-1453590200_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

It shipped by Air Small Packet.

Then it shouldn't be in Customs for over over a week. Maybe they forgot to scan it. check the update on the usps website on Sunday night. hopefully it's already on it's way to your state but just not scanned in.

I've gone cross eyed from trimming No Step stickers. All finished now. Hopefully it looks good... or better than all plain at least. Arcadia's panel lines are... fun... to fill in with a wash.. let's leave it at that!

Looks great! Needs a pic with the other 2 again now.

Nice job. I take it it doesn't come with waterslide decals, only these clear-backing stickers?

Are the wing flaps articulated/positionable? (I'm guessing no.)

Then it shouldn't be in Customs for over over a week. Maybe they forgot to scan it. check the update on the usps website on Sunday night. hopefully it's already on it's way to your state but just not scanned in.

If it's not shipped ems it may spend over a week in customs and you won't get an update after that until it's delivered.

If it's not shipped ems it may spend over a week in customs and you won't get an update after that until it's delivered.

that is also true, but normally for AIR small packet it don't stay longer than 1 week since they do have a small priority bump over SAL small packet. Normally you'll get it within 10-14days from the date it was shipped.

of course there's always exceptions, maybe the bad weather lately? <_<

awesome work Derex! Looks great all sticker'd up and panel lined! B))

A warning for those with the VF-0.

When I first transformed it, I had some problems with the arms and the chestplate. I wasn't clear on what the instructions were telling me to do. So, I watched a YouTube video. It helped me learn these two quirks of the transformation and it was very helpful.

Today I watched the rest of the video and learned that the hips can pull out on the metal bar for added posability. I wanted to play with my VF-0A and decided to check out this hip joint feature. So, I pulled and...

The whole leg came off in my hand.

Looking at it, the metal bar has a sort of disc on the end which plugs into something inside the leg which looks like a sort of rubber piece. The rubber piece inside the leg seems like it can move back and forth. I tried to pop the metal part back into the slot, and while I didn't ever get any sort of satisfying feeling of it popping and locking back in place, the part held together. It did so even while the legs precariously dangled mid-transformation.

So, anyone with one of these VF-0 figures, if you plan to use the extra hip articulation, be extra careful. I will not be attempting to use that feature on mine again at all.

To be clear, I'm not blaming the video for this event. But I do want to warn new owners so they can avoid my experience.

When I first transformed it, I had some problems with the arms and the chestplate. I wasn't clear on what the instructions were telling me to do. So, I watched a YouTube video. It helped me learn these two quirks of the transformation and it was very helpful.

Today I watched the rest of the video and learned that the hips can pull out on the metal bar for added posability. I wanted to play with my VF-0A and decided to check out this hip joint feature. So, I pulled and...

Looking at it, the metal bar has a sort of disc on the end which plugs into something inside the leg which looks like a sort of rubber piece. The rubber piece inside the leg seems like it can move back and forth. I tried to pop the metal part back into the slot, and while I didn't ever get any sort of satisfying feeling of it popping and locking back in place, the part held together. It did so even while the legs precariously dangled mid-transformation.

So, anyone with one of these VF-0 figures, if you plan to use the extra hip articulation, be extra careful. I will not be attempting to use that feature on mine again at all.

To be clear, I'm not blaming the video for this event. But I do want to warn new owners so they can avoid my experience.

bugger! sorry to hear of your misfortune Gabriel.. there is a fix for the problem in this thread somewhere.

So would this be the first Zero-S with a leg detachment situation!?!? or did someone already experience this..?

aahhh, another VF-0a... thought it was the first VF-0s for a moment.

not to worry the fix is not that hard.

here's a video of it from one of our members here

he also make correct sized replacement parts that you can order here

http://www.shapeways.com/product/83TU2TAE2/arcadia-zero-hip-nub?key=400a1877269a109d5d345b039e04866b

Edited by F360

Thanks F360. I had been hunting the thread and not having much luck when I saw your post.

Because right after I posted earlier I took my VF-0A and transformed it out of Jet and the leg came off again.

I've already stepped through the fix instructions without the Shapeways part. They walked me through the process quite nicely. So, I'll know what I'm doing when the part actually gets here.

Of course, now the leg is as loosey goosey as a KO figure, but it is hanging on there for the moment.

Sorry if I needlessly scared any VF-0S owners. I figured the hip joints would be the same on both figures.

Well. I guess off to Shapeways to order a part. I have to admit that I'm extremely happy that's an option.

Thanks F360. I had been hunting the thread and not having much luck when I saw your post.

Because right after I posted earlier I took my VF-0A and transformed it out of Jet and the leg came off again.

I've already stepped through the fix instructions without the Shapeways part. They walked me through the process quite nicely. So, I'll know what I'm doing when the part actually gets here.

Of course, now the leg is as loosey goosey as a KO figure, but it is hanging on there for the moment.

Sorry if I needlessly scared any VF-0S owners. I figured the hip joints would be the same on both figures.

Well. I guess off to Shapeways to order a part. I have to admit that I'm extremely happy that's an option.

As far as I have heard, the piece has worked well for all of those who have used it. Let us know if it works for your VF-0A as well.

I heard some plastic creaking as I installed the missiles under the wing of the 0S.

Now, this is either a good thing or a bad thing:

The sound could be coming from the rectangular missile attachment part of the wing, which is actually molded as a separate part to relieve tension.

Or its a bad thing, and my wings are about to break like a biscuit.

Edited by arbit

That's fantastic work Derex.

Now can I have your address so I can ship mine to you! <_<

I heard some plastic creaking as I installed the missiles under the wing of the 0S.

Now, this is either a good thing or a bad thing:

The sound could be coming from the rectangular missile attachment part of the wing, which is actually molded as a separate part to relieve tension.

Or its a bad thing, and my wings are about to break like a biscuit.

I doubt you have to worry about the wings. I did notice that if you close the wings entirely they ride up the bottom of the leg and warp (not permanently but for the moment). It looks like you're supposed to only close them so far as to hit the slope up in the leg.