Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Question. So what's going to happen if you bought something from them, put it in their private warehouse, then when you got the item 60 days later there's a broken part? Is the 10 days still applicable after you receive the item? Thanks in advance!

it's from the date received. i had stuff in private warehouse for 60 days and still was able to contact them when i received my items, hope that helps.

So we should never Arcadia goods from NY due to no support?

My VF-0S is coming soon and the VF-4 is on order.

Due to their somewhat underwhelming level of customer support they exhibit then yes that does introduce a degree of risk but I think its more the minority that there are defects occurring.

There might always be very minor issues like what I had with a scratched canopy frame (was easily corrected) but actual breakages or missing parts is more rare.

I still purchased though and have existing pre-orders (VF-4G included) with NY with good confidence.

Guest davidwhangchoi

My last toy of 2015 the VF-0S has arrived and it looks good next the 0A.

1A28EA90-3BAC-490C-A84E-4C6C7D6A9B57_zps

Saburo Happy New Year! Are we going to see the 0s in those shots you're doing for the 25F, i always think this is your bathroom for some reason :lol:

Saburo Happy New Year! Are we going to see the 0s in those shots you're doing for the 25F, i always think this is your bathroom for some reason :lol:

Thanks DWC! Happy New Year to you too!

Some of my greatest ideas have been when I was in the bathroom. :lol:

Funny you ask about the the 0S pics. :D

24058825011_0d097a763e_h.jpg

24033334592_c78b2afdc5_h.jpg

23514634913_5973423c07_h.jpg

24058819361_fde178f29e_h.jpg

23513216554_d88e311652_h.jpg

23513221384_0456e7b4e5_h.jpg

23773616189_75a9bcbccd_h.jpg

23514642053_c1dcd163e0_h.jpg

23845840020_88f4b38daa_h.jpg

23514643023_cd98bee1c9_h.jpg

24033340172_fa5a8362d0_h.jpg

23773621099_1cb642896f_h.jpg

24058825891_fdadf9f7f2_h.jpg

23513229224_1fb8ef33bf_h.jpg

24033351822_33dc3cc52f_h.jpg

24141459465_d7c5181d36_h.jpg

23845841970_4ffbf46223_h.jpg

[23514653413_15b311c6b8_h.jpg

24141455615_b6f47571e6_h.jpg

23513236234_0386db0293_h.jpg

23513231344_3120495237_h.jpg

23514694003_83b077723b_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks DWC! Happy New Year to you too!

Some of my greatest ideas have been when I was in the bathroom. :lol:

Funny you ask about the the 0S pic. :D

23513231344_3120495237_h.jpg

MOTHER! :hail:

Amazing Shots :wub:

Wait did Arcadia start using rainbow tints again for the canopy?

NIce Saburo! That one gerwalk overhead shot looks awesome. Kinda low viz.

Mahalo wmkjr! After looking at it, it does look low viz, its kinda grey. Must be the lighting and the angle I am shooting at. It does look cool though. B))

MOTHER! :hail:

Amazing Shots :wub:

Wait did Arcadia start using rainbow tints again for the canopy?

haha.. I guess you like the pics? :D

Nope Arcadia isn't using rainbow tints on the canopy. My camera is catching is what I am guessing is the residual release agent causing the rainbow tinting. Not sure of that is it, but maybe someone familiar with plastics on the forum can shed some light on this. hehe I have been seeing it on the Bandai valks too. I think its kinda cool effect. :D

Edited by Saburo

Just a quick update: HLJ offered a refund, exchange or 10% credit. I remember reading that Arcadia does not supply replacement parts which is why (I assume) is the reason that HLJ can't offer me one. I believe that they do everything they can and IMO they are truly top notch when it comes to service!

Just a quick update: HLJ offered a refund, exchange or 10% credit. I remember reading that Arcadia does not supply replacement parts which is why (I assume) is the reason that HLJ can't offer me one. I believe that they do everything they can and IMO they are truly top notch when it comes to service!

I was sure they would respond, HLJ is known for their customer service. I am guessing you'll get the refund and order a replacement?

Damn. I wasn't planning on getting this but after seeing all your beautiful pics I went ahead pulled the trigger. I hate you guys...

She is a beautiful Valk. :D

Edited by Saburo

Hey Saburo, could you do or have a wider version of this very photo? I just need more width in order to fit the whole Zero in the screen without chopping off any of the top back pack or lower legs and feet. Also having the whole lot of the left wing in the frame would be better too! If not then its all good.. Just thought I'd ask.

Edited by spanner76

Seeing the small VF-0S printing on the cockpit canopy I really want to know the discussions inside Arcadia that lead to the printing layout we have on their Valkyries.

I assume the VF-0S marking was included because you can easily print this with the skull and crossbones and don't have to setup another print station. But it is such a tiny detail that lead me to believe that Arcadia cares for the small touches but is somehow unable to print major markings on the legs or the nosecone.

Since these toys cost that much I can't imagine it would be due to costs restraints by Arcadia. Maybe Arcadia submitted a different layout to the new factory and they decided on their own to omit certain markings from the VF-0D to get more profit on their side. Perhaps it is the same factory that does the Playmates Ninja Turtles toys. ^_^ No Arcadia wants to keep the toys consistent and goes with the reduced layout to keep an uniform look.

On the other hand maybe the rights holder said he want the layout we've got. It just seems so random. :unsure:

:5::5::5:

Seeing the small VF-0S printing on the cockpit canopy I really want to know the discussions inside Arcadia that lead to the printing layout we have on their Valkyries.

I assume the VF-0S marking was included because you can easily print this with the skull and crossbones and don't have to setup another print station. But it is such a tiny detail that lead me to believe that Arcadia cares for the small touches but is somehow unable to print major markings on the legs or the nosecone.

Since these toys cost that much I can't imagine it would be due to costs restraints by Arcadia. Maybe Arcadia submitted a different layout to the new factory and they decided on their own to omit certain markings from the VF-0D to get more profit on their side. Perhaps it is the same factory that does the Playmates Ninja Turtles toys. ^_^ No Arcadia wants to keep the toys consistent and goes with the reduced layout to keep an uniform look.

On the other hand maybe the rights holder said he want the layout we've got. It just seems so random. :unsure:

:5::5::5:

thats how arcadia gets to sell more of the same :p

last yammie 0s version there was no kite on the nose, now there is and soon in future there will be UN spacy on legs. :D

but that would be a way way future....maybe after another name change..

:5:

Hey Saburo, could you do or have a wider version of this very photo? I just need more width in order to fit the whole Zero in the screen without chopping off any of the top back pack or lower legs and feet. Also having the whole lot of the left wing in the frame would be better too! If not then its all good.. Just thought I'd ask.

I did a quick edit and made it my desktop picture Spanner.

post-17939-0-19170500-1451832323_thumb.jpg

Spectacular work again Saburo!

My plan was to keep mine in my Private Warehouse until the VF-4G release and to ship them together.

All these glorious pics are making me want to swoosh mine about though.........

thats how arcadia gets to sell more of the same :p

last yammie 0s version there was no kite on the nose, now there is and soon in future there will be UN spacy on legs. :D

but that would be a way way future....maybe after another name change..

:5:

I can see why they decided not to include the kite on the Yamato VF-0. The kite goes over two parts. My theory is that they weren't able to get the two parts of the printing aligned correctly and thus didn't print them.

Well i finally opened mine and its a beauty. Pulled the hips out and no problems on mine. Bring on the armor Arcadia!

8978BCD4-884E-48C5-A66E-CA17ECB825C5.jpg

F8EE2DE7-3215-467D-AA40-E077DAD02A59.jpg

2D41C1F4-B1BD-40FF-9F3B-CCA6F63E9669.jpg

697DD081-2B2F-4B10-9BD9-3FB5B5D7F91C.jpg

5CFF3BB0-E2A0-4C29-946C-645EDF130E40.jpg

650BF496-C048-41E4-872B-A4C77931234A.jpg

After what happedned to my 0A im back to taping :D

9A8D6378-CAD0-4714-BE3F-7FDB9BA51473.jpg

BTW if this 0S is DYRL white then has my 1S yellowed?

6FDCB054-BA03-470B-9594-CB17CAE995E0.jpg

Edited by anubis20

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well i finally opened mine and its a beauty. Pulled the hips out and no problems on mine. Bring on the armor Arcadia!

9A8D6378-CAD0-4714-BE3F-7FDB9BA51473.jpg

Mommar's observations are, it's not as off-white as DYRL but between arcadia vf-1 and yamato dryl white.

anubis20, on the 0s heat shield, is the metal pin that holds the heat shield still sticking out on the inside where the canopy slides in or did arcadia file it down. i looked inside my vf-1 and no metal pins sticking out, my 0a has metal just on one side sticking out that causes that canopy to be scraped. wondering if arcadia fixed it for the 0s?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just noticed a factory error on my copy where they accidentally tampo printed the leg attachments! :blink:

20160101_081443_zpsvtuzhbzc.jpg

J/K It's just some preliminary detailing. This is easily my favorite Arcadia release so far and it's motivated me to stop slacking and get back to work detailing my valks. :)

I had bought a Hasegawa 0D and 2x 0S kits just to use their waterslides since I figured the slightly smaller size for the markings still didn't look out of place.

Nice to know for sure that they still look pretty good. Have you finished applying your decals? If so, have you had any problems with silvering or getting the decals to stick to the textured finish of the valk?

I've been thinking I need to spray a gloss coat first, but if you haven't had any issues, that might save me a step. I can't spray the Alclad gloss coat indoors so I'd have to wait until temperatures and weather are permitting otherwise.

23514634913_5973423c07_h.jpg

23513216554_d88e311652_h.jpg

I particularly like these battroid shots.

Good job, Saburo!

Beautiful shots, Saburo!

Time to order a second one. :)

Thank you Lolicon! A second one would be awesome, so you can display 1 naked and 1 with armored! :D

saburo + 0s?

attachicon.gif3t41zf.jpg

:lol::lol:

Glorious photos Saburo! :wub: The Zero is just as if not even more photogenic as the other Valkyrie's you have photographed! B)) And it gives me even more phone wallpapers to last me the next few months! LOL! :D

The Arcadia VF-0 is probably one of my favorite to photograph, the Yamato was a pain because of the loose joints. Well, looks like you are all stocked up on wallpaper, until I photograph the next Valk. :D

I did a quick edit and made it my desktop picture Spanner.

attachicon.gifSaburo -0S wide.jpg

Spectacular work again Saburo!

My plan was to keep mine in my Private Warehouse until the VF-4G release and to ship them together.

All these glorious pics are making me want to swoosh mine about though.........

Thank you Moosey! I swooshed mine about, while humming some Macross songs. If you have a Yetistand you can put a couple of Valks on that and swoosh multiple valks at once. :lol:

Got nervous as my 0s package tracking received no updates since departure from Japan on the 23rd, finally arrived in Singapore yesterday afternoon. First and last time to try registered mail for an expensive item.

I have shipped registered and it drives me crazy with how slow updates come along (which is expected thing), so I only ship via registered/SAL when its a low importance item and Valks are always shipped EMS. to keep myself from going crazy. :lol::blink:

I had bought a Hasegawa 0D and 2x 0S kits just to use their waterslides since I figured the slightly smaller size for the markings still didn't look out of place.

Nice to know for sure that they still look pretty good. Have you finished applying your decals? If so, have you had any problems with silvering or getting the decals to stick to the textured finish of the valk?

I've been thinking I need to spray a gloss coat first, but if you haven't had any issues, that might save me a step. I can't spray the Alclad gloss coat indoors so I'd have to wait until temperatures and weather are permitting otherwise.

I particularly like these battroid shots.

Good job, Saburo!

Thank you MJ, now if I only had the weathering skills you have the Valk pics would be a bit cooler. I'll just stick to photographing them, if i try weathering them it will be a disaster. :lol:

I tapped my VF-0 too. :D Just to be on the safe side.

I compared my VF-1S's to the VF-0S and they appear to be close in color, the VF-1S's are slightly darker.

VF0S_VF1S__squad_001_zps0genvixq.png

Edited by Saburo

What happened to your 0A?

I haven't had any issues applying decals to any Yamato/Arcadia valks so far. I always use Mr Mark Setter when applying decals. I'm quite lazy and stingy with materials so I often take shortcuts. :) Like on the VF-1 I did all the panel lining, decaling, and weathering straight onto the bare plastic before applying any clear coating.

20151211_052608_zpsq3jqze1j.jpg

Doing the same with the 0S.

20160103_102941_zpsh0xzmrml.jpg

I'm curious about the size difference between the Hasegawa 0S decals and the Arcadia stickers. If there's only a small difference in size, I might pick up a few Hasegawa kits just to get the decals.

Nope Arcadia isn't using rainbow tints on the canopy. My camera is catching is what I am guessing is the residual release agent causing the rainbow tinting. Not sure of that is it, but maybe someone familiar with plastics on the forum can shed some light on this. hehe I have been seeing it on the Bandai valks too. I think its kinda cool effect. :D

I'll offer some thoughts on this one. Are you using your polarised lens filter for these shots?

In my few years shooting real airplanes at air shows, I've seen plenty of "rainbow canopies" on real jets. But only with a polariser on my lenses. What you're seeing is something to do with the way the light is scattered through the plastic in the canopy. The polariser only lets light in at certain angles and is responsible for that rainbow look.

Try it without the filter and you should see less of the rainbow.

Funny, but yamato's rainbow tint was actually something you would only ever see on the real thing if you were wearing polarised sunglasses or had a filter on your camera.

I'll offer some thoughts on this one. Are you using your polarised lens filter for these shots?

In my few years shooting real airplanes at air shows, I've seen plenty of "rainbow canopies" on real jets. But only with a polariser on my lenses. What you're seeing is something to do with the way the light is scattered through the plastic in the canopy. The polariser only lets light in at certain angles and is responsible for that rainbow look.

Try it without the filter and you should see less of the rainbow.

Funny, but yamato's rainbow tint was actually something you would only ever see on the real thing if you were wearing polarised sunglasses or had a filter on your camera.

Yep, I am using a polarizer. Thank you for the knowledge mickyg, I learn something new everyday!

I suspected the filter might be the cause, but didn't run any tests on with or with out it but I like the effect it has on canopy. :)

How is the photography coming along?

Edited by Saburo

I like the look too! And since real aircraft show that effect when photographed, it works on all levels.

It's coming along. Mostly outdoors and landscape stuff in the last few months. Haven't done any indoors stuff in a very long time but I'll be working on that very soon. Might PM you for your thoughts while I'm at it.

I like the look too! And since real aircraft show that effect when photographed, it works on all levels.

It's coming along. Mostly outdoors and landscape stuff in the last few months. Haven't done any indoors stuff in a very long time but I'll be working on that very soon. Might PM you for your thoughts while I'm at it.

Landscape photography is great, Its too cold here for landscape at the moment. haha Looking forward to your PM.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Heat shield scratched the sides of the canopy

i finally buffed out most of the scratches on my 0A canopy was really deep. the best stuff to use without spending money: crest complete plus w/ extra whitening and a white t-shirt sleeve.

was doing it while watching a football game.

I'm curious about the size difference between the Hasegawa 0S decals and the Arcadia stickers. If there's only a small difference in size, I might pick up a few Hasegawa kits just to get the decals.

Ah, I assumed you had taken it from a Hasegawa VF-0 kit.

Well, here's a shot of the decals from the 0D and 0S/A kits and Arcadia stickers.

Sorry for the potato quality phone pic, but it should be enough to compare the size of the decals yourself.

20160103_220900.jpg

For the most part, I feel like they are close enough in size, that you wouldn't go, "That's too small", once it's applied.

Of course, I effectively paid $20 per sheet of decals since I had to buy the whole kit as Hasegawa does sell them separately.

I figured I already paid a fortune for these toys, what's another $20?