Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

My shoddy photo contribution. :lol:

Arrived yesterday and I was all eager to take some quick shots of the 0S with the 0D, but embarrassingly I could not for the life of me get the rear landing gear doors open on either one. :unsure: Still, valk is absolutely lovely and looks great with the 1S.

post-197-0-08920000-1451667858_thumb.jpg

Will need to refresh my memory on the handling tricks for these guys this weekend (ie re-watch one of jenius' video reviews lol).

Just noticed a factory error on my copy where they accidentally tampo printed the leg attachments! :blink:

*snip*

J/K It's just some preliminary detailing. This is easily my favorite Arcadia release so far and it's motivated me to stop slacking and get back to work detailing my valks. :)

Dude! You had me seriously going there for a second, "That's one hell of a lucky QC error...!" :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

no issues with the legs of the two I got! so yeah David go ahead and treat yourself! You deserve it! ;):D

i think i will!

Just wait until jenius has received his copy. :D

LOL, definitely a good sign if his copy doesn't fall off

Just noticed a factory error on my copy where they accidentally tampo printed the leg attachments! :blink:

J/K It's just some preliminary detailing. This is easily my favorite Arcadia release so far and it's motivated me to stop slacking and get back to work detailing my valks. :)

haha, you had me there!

the dyrl non pink has me excited :)

20160101_081443_zpsvtuzhbzc.jpg

Looks great! Are those the stickers or quality decals?

In any case, i think that the quality of the stickers has improved a lot. The one in the OS are much better than the one in the 0D in my opinion. Or they just look better on the white plastic... But Arcadia, please, the 301 sticker on a white background??? That's really low.

My shoddy photo contribution. :lol:

Arrived yesterday and I was all eager to take some quick shots of the 0S with the 0D, but embarrassingly I could not for the life of me get the rear landing gear doors open on either one. :unsure: Still, valk is absolutely lovely and looks great with the 1S.

Looking good!

Yeah those doors can be difficult to open. I took a cue from david and use a guitar pick to pry them open.

Looks great! Are those the stickers or quality decals?

Just some decals I swiped from a Hasegawa kit. :)

In any case, i think that the quality of the stickers has improved a lot. The one in the OS are much better than the one in the 0D in my opinion. Or they just look better on the white plastic... But Arcadia, please, the 301 sticker on a white background??? That's really low.

They definitely look better on white plastic as it hides the sticker film better. I don't really like the stickers and wish to this day that they'd throw in a decal sheet, but I'm going to have to start using them as I simply don't have enough spare decals to go around.

Only plus side to the stickers is that they're much more durable.

【Yamato 1/60 SV-51】feat. VF-0S![/color][/align]

[align=left]Bought this in my last Jap trip in Nov.... to pair up with the VF0S!

[align=left][align=center]2015-12-22-23.23.41.jpg[/align][/align]

[align=left][align=center]2016-01-02-17.35.26.jpg[/align][/align]

[align=left][align=center]2015-12-22-23.05.11.jpg[/align][/align]

[align=left][align=center]_DSC6761.JPG[/align]

[align=center][float=left]2016-01-02-18.01.27.jpg[/float][/align][align=center][float=left]2016-01-02-18.08.31.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=center][float=left]2015-12-22-23.16.15.jpg[/float][/align]

[/align]

having in hand I still feel that it was not necessary a new version

anyway when you compare side by side with his predecessor looks better by far even the upgrades are very subtle (better body proportions and neck and no more face division)

the only 3 things that not like me are the leg fastpack attach system (I prefer the magnet) and the lack of grip of the pilot when your rotate the cockpit and of course the chicken hands (expecting the reactive armor correct it like the GBP-1S)

post-3872-0-54504800-1451751942_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-11662000-1451751953_thumb.jpg

HLJ. The part's been photographed on and off of the plane. and emailed to HLJ's trouble dept. I am hopeful and this is why I always get my high dollar stuff through them. Hopefully they will only want me to send them the broken part.

HLJ. The part's been photographed on and off of the plane. and emailed to HLJ's trouble dept. I am hopeful and this is why I always get my high dollar stuff through them. Hopefully they will only want me to send them the broken part.

That's good to hear. Yeah, HLJ is the absolute best at handling this kinda stuff, I'm sure they'll take care of you. :)

Thank you guys. I have a lot of faith in HLJ so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure if I should transform it or not. If HLJ asks me to send the whole toy back then it's best to leave it alone, but if they agree to send a new canopy then it behooves me to put it through it's paces during that 10 day window. I'll wait a day or two for them to respond I suppose.

Edited by warrhead

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thank you guys. I have a lot of faith in HLJ so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure if I should transform it or not. If HLJ asks me to send the whole toy back then it's best to leave it alone, but if they agree to send a new canopy then it behooves me to put it through it's paces during that 10 day window. I'll wait a day or two for them to respond I suppose.

i bumped a post up several times for those ordering on hlj to inspect it in the 10 days =) they definitely will take care of you. hopefully they respond soon so you can a peace of mind.

Sorry to hear that. Just for reference when my -19Advance appeared with a broken tail fin the options HLJ offered were:

1 - a full refund

2 - discount off next order (because it was sold out they couldn't offer a replacement) but the -0S is still in stock.

Hope you get sorted either way.

Gorgeous pic! I'm loving it. Still contemplating for a second one. ;) Any advice, Spanner? Hehehe. :D

Sorry to hear about the canopy, warrhead. Hope HLJ will reply soon. ;)

Question. So what's going to happen if you bought something from them, put it in their private warehouse, then when you got the item 60 days later there's a broken part? Is the 10 days still applicable after you receive the item? Thanks in advance!

Just got my -OS today! :D

...with a cracked canopy <_<

Damn that's unfortunate.. sorry to hear yours arrived damaged. Clearly one that slipped through quality control.. Though buying it through HLJ will give you the best opportunity in getting it replaced or a refund. Hope you can get it sorted out.

One of mine did have some of the black paint on the canopy frame scratched off but I was able to touch it up.

Gorgeous pic! I'm loving it. Still contemplating for a second one. ;) Any advice, Spanner? Hehehe. :D

Sorry to hear about the canopy, warrhead. Hope HLJ will reply soon. ;)

Question. So what's going to happen if you bought something from them, put it in their private warehouse, then when you got the item 60 days later there's a broken part? Is the 10 days still applicable after you receive the item? Thanks in advance!

Yes Noel I do.. Definitely buy another!! hehehe! :p:D