Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Has anyone got comparison pics of the Yamato and Arcadia VF-0S? How much better is the Arcadia? Found some really decent priced Yamato VF-0S. Worth getting or should I get Arcadia's? :rolleyes:

While I do not have the Arcadia 0S yet, I can already tell you the Arcadia will be a much more Anime accurate looking and solid feeling toy. Both of my Yamato 0S's are loose, a bit floppy and one needs a repair. The Ball joint issue on the 0D/A are minimal compared to all of that.

If you can afford the Arcadia 0S, go for it. Also, when the Reactive Armor eventually comes out you won't be able to mount it on a Yamato 0S.

^ Why's that? Just too many minor tweaks coming together to make the whole thing incompatible?

If you mean the Reactive Armor not fitting the Yamato toys, the Arcadias main bodies a bit narrower than the Yamato. As some have joked the Arcadias went on a Diet and slimmed up. Plus there are slots on the legs that looks like you can attach the armor (Those don't exist on the Yamatos). While you can fit the Older Ghost booster on a Arcadia 0A, you really have to bend the canards so it will fit.

Then again, who knows maybe the Reactive Armor can be made to fit the Yamato's. But my Crystal ball is hazy on that one.

Has anyone got comparison pics of the Yamato and Arcadia VF-0S? How much better is the Arcadia? Found some really decent priced Yamato VF-0S. Worth getting or should I get Arcadia's? :rolleyes:

Yamato's are a floopy piece of garbage. Best kept in Fighter Mode...loose leg joints....loose arm joints....crumbled plastic arms....yellowed plastic.

You should have picked up a 0A when HLJ at it on sale.

The VF-1 was updated in DYRL and in some Mac II prequel too.

Oh yeah. Forgot the DYRL version. ;) But back to what we're discussing, the DYRL one is almost the same with some minor tweaks on details. Whereas the one in The First manga, it has a new head somehow. So big difference in there. Not to mention in the manga they also updated the Super/Strike Packs in 3 modes. :)

Why are we poking in the air?

The SW-XA1 is basically the updated version of the VF-1 and a more natural successor to the VF-0.

What we're discussing is VF-1 not SW-XA1. But yes, the SW-XA1 is the updated version for VF-1. But that's already a different model with a different code number. The example I gave was RX-78-2 Gundam. For the last 20 years, we've seen different versions of RX-78-2. There's the Kunio version, there's the Katoki version, and now there's the Origin version, and so on and so forth. It has different incarnation for just the same Gundam model. VF-1 has what? TV, updated look for DYRL. That's what kajnrig is implying. Like why there's no or planned 'official' update to the VF-1 design by Kawamori. So in that sense, I mentioned that the VF-1J has a facelift in the The First manga.

If you mean the Reactive Armor not fitting the Yamato toys, the Arcadias main bodies a bit narrower than the Yamato. As some have joked the Arcadias went on a Diet and slimmed up. Plus there are slots on the legs that looks like you can attach the armor (Those don't exist on the Yamatos). While you can fit the Older Ghost booster on a Arcadia 0A, you really have to bend the canards so it will fit.

Then again, who knows maybe the Reactive Armor can be made to fit the Yamato's. But my Crystal ball is hazy on that one.

Yeah. Mine too came loose out of the box even though I bought it 'new in the box' from Jungle. So yeah, better invest on the Arcadia one if you're going to transform it from time to time. And if you want the Reactive Armor. Because I don't think they will make the Reactive Armor to be able to fit the old VF-0S. But if you just want it in fighter mode, then Yamato is a-ok. But beware somehow on the Arcadia, since most of members here complained the thigh joint problems that came with it. Hope with this release, it will be fixed.

If Arcadia does not address this issue of the leg coming off then this is the last product I buy from them. After the 0D and 0A they have had plenty of time to listen to issues and come up with a fix. I hope they do the right thing for their customers. I don't feel like operating on a $320 toy.

@no3jim and @Lordindor -

I suppose "detail-up" is something, but they've never gotten a full-body redesign the way the RX-78-2 has. Different shoulder armor altogether, not just a different pattern of panel lines. And saying that they're based on real-world aircraft so they don't have to/can't change is a bit of a misguided statement, no? Liberties were already taken in moving them away from traditional aircraft; there's no reason why they can't take some more liberties (or even return closer to their roots).

But anyway. I just think it's a bit of an oddity, that's all. With the proportion issues the VF-1 design has that later VFs don't, it (and the YF-19, but that's something else entirely) could really benefit from a redesign. Compare the Hasegawa 1/72 kits. Great proportions on all of them, everything looks great, but similar parts on the same vehicle don't match from mode to mode.

Whereas the one in The First manga, it has a new head somehow. So big difference in there. Not to mention in the manga they also updated the Super/Strike Packs in 3 modes. :)

I just looked up the The First VF-1J, and yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Something like that applied across the entire mecha would be nice to see. Also, what's that about a three-mode Super/Strike pack?

For the last 20 years, we've seen different versions of RX-78-2. There's the Kunio version, there's the Katoki version, and now there's the Origin version, and so on and so forth.

Not to mention the One-Year War version, the 1.5 and 2.0, the statue in Odaiba...

Wow, thanks. That's really cool stuff.

They're... Well, they're interesting. The Super Attack pack appears to be the same old Strike pack with a Destroid Tomahawk arm attached to it... The Cruiser is additional fuel tanks (and/or reaction missiles?) replacing the leg verniers and missile/gun backpack attachments... and the Super Maneuver looks like a bunch of smaller kibble all over with additional verniers.

I feel so out of touch. :p Like every week or so I'm asking "What's <X>?" about something from years, decades ago. My fandom does not run deep enough, it seems.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Anyone know if the reactive armor will be available separately only or will Arcadia provide a Valkyrie/armor set like they did with the VF-1J armored?

it will be seperate

Anyone know if the reactive armor will be available separately only or will Arcadia provide a Valkyrie/armor set like they did with the VF-1J armored?

We don't know the price of the armor yet but I'd say the economics are very much against a 'gift-set' for the VF-0 line of toys. Retail on the VF-0 alone is about 35,000 Yen. There's a pretty good bet here that the armor will cost at least 15,000 Yen. It's hard to imagine Arcadia getting many preorders for a 50,000 Yen item. Not to say it CAN'T happen... it just seems very unlikely.

yeah I cant see them releasing the RA parts as a bundle.. the cost of the Valks alone is hard enough for many people as it is so not many will be able to afford a 50k+ purchase. Definitely gonna be a stand alone me thinks. Makes more sense.

Arcadia would be shooting them selves in the foot if they expect people to pay that kinda money.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yup. Just got home 2 hrs ago after working a 24hr shift. Now it's swoosh time and listening to the podcast. :D

I shipped to work, and it was delivered today. too lazy to swing over to pick it up today since I'm off. :p

So Monday is the day for me.

nice guys, great to see people's orders trickling in.

Please everyone when you receive yours: check your 0S legs in that 7 day window from HLJ in case you need make a return for any defects.

also post your successes here, Thanks!

ok, bumping this up one more time as a reminder since orders are starting to come in.

anyone's shipment arriving before new years? VF-0S

still have my fingers crossed for a before new years arrival.. with two public holidays during next week only gives me a 3 day window of opportunity and Christmas rush usually slows things down considerably.. although I might have one of those 3 days off to be home to accept them. If worse comes to worse then it'll be the following week. Heck I've waited long enough so whats a few extra days gonna harm..

Guest davidwhangchoi

still have my fingers crossed for a before new years arrival.. with two public holidays during next week only gives me a 3 day window of opportunity and Christmas rush usually slows things down considerably.. although I might have one of those 3 days off to be home to accept them. If worse comes to worse then it'll be the following week. Heck I've waited long enough so whats a few extra days gonna harm..

how many you got coming spanner; 3x?

My VF-0S arrived today. Woohoo!

pics or it didn't happen :p:p:p

:)

are you planning to transform it? I wonder how the legs are, gundam's pic showed it transformed ok, but i am not sure the phobia is still there or not.

I keep telling myself I do not need another VF-0S, I have two now... Then I see ^^This Picture^^

Gotta fight that temptation for a bit! :lol:

me too!