Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Tampos aren't decals, and they're not put on by workers. They're effectively factory-machined paint-stamps that are mechanically applied and each have to be tooled seperately, and it is something that adds up. If it was just a matter of hand applying a decal, it would probably be a lot cheaper. Bandai can afford to add them because they laregly operate their own factory facilities and operate in bulk, Arcadia has to outsource labor and apparently has to pick and choose. It's unfortunate, but it's a reality of the commercial production environment.

I meant that in jest, but it sucks that the labor costs leads to cuts in what Arcadia can do.

I wouldnt mind the lack of tampo if they just included a sheet of waterslide decals. Having built models for years im not a fan of stickers and its the single reason why i have never applied 1 sticker on any of my valks. They should include both like they did on the tuxedo 1J

I meant that in jest, but it sucks that the labor costs leads to cuts in what Arcadia can do.

Haha gotcha, sorry! It seemed to be a pretty common misconception in some of my other fandom collecting circles (transformers, lego) so it seemed worth it to clear it up just in case.

I'm just happy they still include sticker sheets to make up the difference. It seems like such a basic thing, but so many larger companies don't even seem willing to go that far. I mean, I hate stickers, but it's still nice to have that option.

The Chinese government is also not nearly as factory-friendly as they used to be. They're moving China towards a service and finance based country but quick. For example, an environmental quality license that cost a few thousand a couple years ago now costs $100,000. Apparently, half the factories in Guangdong, their big manufacturing city, are idle. It's a changing China.

Edited by Sildani

I can understand wanting the UN Spacy tampo'd. I'd like that too. It's not super easy to cut out the rounded characters from the decal sheet, however some people might want UN Marines or UN Navy instead, so I understand they're still going with the "base color" option and letting customizers put what they want.

I have looked into my own tampo for my own customizing so I know it's expensive but in this case they could have spread the cost out over four products. The UN Spacy logo is the same size across all of the zero valks and could have been applied to the D, Shin A, S and CF A.

AndI'm just noticing after saying all of this that they only included the Navy and Marine decals with the 0D. I guess I'll borrow those for one of my S'es or maybe the CF.

Edited by Mommar

Shattered hopes and dreams.

Nah, there are some cases of the hip joint becoming loose from the socket and maybe some paint scratching in certain areas and the usually tight feet and leg tabs.

Actually, looks like the new color might be right after all. I think the old versions went by the Hasegawa marking guide, but the new ventral fins actually look like they might be the correct color, at least for Episode 1.

vf0leg.jpg

I have no idea what the color issue with the S is. It looks spot on to me. It seems the least offensive of the color choices.

Yeah, I was jumping the gun with the colors because it looked like another random change from the Yamato version. I still like the original version better, because it matched the tails, but apparently that was never the right color to begin with, and Hasegawa's painting guide was wrong from the start.

Edited by Chronocidal

Actually, looks like the new color might be right after all. I think the old versions went by the Hasegawa marking guide, but the new ventral fins actually look like they might be the correct color, at least for Episode 1.

attachicon.gifvf0leg.jpg

Actually, I did mention that the sensors on the missiles are molded in the wrong color. They were red in the anime but yellow on the new VF-0S/A.

Not a lot of people seem bothered by that though.

Wonder if any Arcadia valks will make it to the Black Friday sale this year? Dang...this year flew by for me!

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but if it does happen....good bye wallet.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Actually, I did mention that the sensors on the missiles are molded in the wrong color. They were red in the anime but yellow on the new VF-0S/A.

Not a lot of people seem bothered by that though.

Coz those are optional. ;) Some doesn't want to display the Valk with it and some does. Most members just reacted on the GBP since the DYRL anime shows it has yellow tip whereas the toy released has red tips. And that's a major issue because GBP is not GBP without displaying it with the missile hatch opened. :wub:

Coz those are optional. ;) Some doesn't want to display the Valk with it and some does. Most members just reacted on the GBP since the DYRL anime shows it has yellow tip whereas the toy released has red tips. And that's a major issue because GBP is not GBP without displaying it with the missile hatch opened. :wub:

What? Missiles are never optional! You don't go outside your house without pants on, just as you don't sortie without you missiles and gunpod! Any collectors who display their valk without their missiles are doing it wrong!

Where'd you preorder it from? My friend is also looking for one.

Preorder for VF-0S is still open on hlj.

https://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82121/Sci

Edited by Reaction Warhead

A HLJ. I know that they're really popular on this board, but I would not really like to recommend that my friend order from there for 2 reasons:

1) HLJ always declares full value, so customs will really kill him on the import fees

2) They only offer EMS as the priority shipping option to my country. EMS is possibly the worst way to have something shipped here as they charge even more import fees than our regular mail, and claiming the item from the PO can be a grueling 5 hour affair. Of course he can always choose the slower shipping options, but with the holidays regular mail can be up to 3 months delayed because of all the backlog that accumulates during the xmas season.

A HLJ. I know that they're really popular on this board, but I would not really like to recommend that my friend order from there for 2 reasons:

1) HLJ always declares full value, so customs will really kill him on the import fees

2) They only offer EMS as the priority shipping option to my country. EMS is possibly the worst way to have something shipped here as they charge even more import fees than our regular mail, and claiming the item from the PO can be a grueling 5 hour affair. Of course he can always choose the slower shipping options, but with the holidays regular mail can be up to 3 months delayed because of all the backlog that accumulates during the xmas season.

Well!

1) it would help to know where you and your friend lives in the first place to determine which online shop is best for you and your friend to order it from.

2) I honestly feel sorry for anyone who lives in countries with pesky custom and being charge outrageous money for importing stuff. They need more FREEDOM like we do here in the U.S.

I'd say the only thing he can do is wait till release time and look at places like NY or others that undervalue the declarations to see if they have some in stock. MOst of the other places are already closed for PO.

Where'd you preorder it from? My friend is also looking for one.

I was going to say hlj.com, but if that's not an option, maybe Nippon Yasan will put it back up for pre-order, but they are more expensive in the front end. I think they may let you declare your own value, but don't quote me on that. I've never had to do that.

NY was actually a lot cheaper on the front end, they're a little more pricey on the shipping but I'm sure they still came out to being cheaper than HLJ. I'm guessing NY will have more available near release though they may reduce the discount.

Well!

1) it would help to know where you and your friend lives in the first place to determine which online shop is best for you and your friend to order it from.

2) I honestly feel sorry for anyone who lives in countries with pesky custom and being charge outrageous money for importing stuff. They need more FREEDOM like we do here in the U.S.

Dude, not sure if I was reading some sarcasm in your post. Are you trying to say that we do not have FREEDOM like you do in the U.S.?

But anyway, I've given him the link to HLJ. He'll be the one to decide if he wants to preorder with them or not. Thanks for the link.

Dude, not sure if I was reading some sarcasm in your post. Are you trying to say that we do not have FREEDOM like you do in the U.S.?

But anyway, I've given him the link to HLJ. He'll be the one to decide if he wants to preorder with them or not. Thanks for the link.

Bruh, only Merica have FREEDOM. No other nations on Earth have it.

agZGB3C.jpg

5 hours? sounds familiar. is this the PO near the airport?

i've gone through that ordeal a handful of times hence i'm now very diligent about specifying non-EMS whenever possible.

HLJ can do SAL for nearly everything and it arrives in 2 weeks, rarely more than 3, sometimes less than 2. At my local PO, i send an SMS of the parcel numbers i intend to pick up and it's at the counter when i get there.

not bad considering EMS takes over a week anyway. (oh, it does arrive in the country within 3 days, but by the time those EMS guys get off their butts to send the delivery notice, it's already a week).

Anyone know a firm release date?

No one knows the exact date. Sometimes it varies. And sometimes they release it earlier. All we know is that it will get released on December. If you check NY's site, it says 12/31. So it's safe to assume that it's going to be towards the end of the month like what they did on 0D and 0A. And from what I've noticed all new items always comes out towards the end of the month. So watch out also for the email invoices by then. Hope that helps.

i've gone through that ordeal a handful of times hence i'm now very diligent about specifying non-EMS whenever possible.

HLJ can do SAL for nearly everything and it arrives in 2 weeks, rarely more than 3, sometimes less than 2. At my local PO, i send an SMS of the parcel numbers i intend to pick up and it's at the counter when i get there.

not bad considering EMS takes over a week anyway. (oh, it does arrive in the country within 3 days, but by the time those EMS guys get off their butts to send the delivery notice, it's already a week).

Yeah I know what you mean. Not too long ago I had a Figma Kiryuin Satsuki shipped to me via EMS from HLJ. Even though I've had nothing but bad experiences with EMS, I decided to give it one last try because my wife would always get her EMS pacakages delivered straight to our door. I thought that if the package was small enough, I wouldn't have to pick it up at the EMS facility. But when I received the claim notice, I honestly considered just abandoning my package and call it a loss rather than go through the hassle of picking it up and paying the inflated import fees.